Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just for comparison: Economy JFK-CDG on AA:
Dinner - salad starter, chicken (or pasta), brownie bar and processed cheese slice+ biscuits.
Drinks run done after dinner handed out.
Breakfast - fig bar, yoghurt and granola (presumably to add to the yoghurt). (Oddly they tuned the lights off again after breakfast).

Overall I would say that BA wins on the dinner. Breakfast a close tie - depending on your expectations. As noted above, crew interaction was practically zero - indeed, crew member seemed surprised when I thanked them and hoped they would have a good time in Paris when I was waiting to disembark. Odd... .

Sealink likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CKBA
Just for comparison: Economy JFK-CDG on AA:
Dinner - salad starter, chicken (or pasta), brownie bar and processed cheese slice+ biscuits.
Drinks run done after dinner handed out.
Breakfast - fig bar, yoghurt and granola (presumably to add to the yoghurt). (Oddly they tuned the lights off again after breakfast).

Overall I would say that BA wins on the dinner. Breakfast a close tie - depending on your expectations. As noted above, crew interaction was practically zero - indeed, crew member seemed surprised when I thanked them and hoped they would have a good time in Paris when I was waiting to disembark. Odd... .

Crikey. That all looks a bit grim…
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just home from LA and I must say I was pretty impressed with the catering offer down the back. I was on the BA269/268 on the A380 in 25D with 25E blocked, so all in all very civilised.

On the way to LA I had the veggie moussaka followed by a Thai red chicken curry before landing. The cheese/crackers and crumble were delicious and the sides were fresh and tasty - a step up from pre-covid.

Coming home I had the veggie pasta (tomato/cheese) followed by a full English before landing. The starter/dessert and cheese served with the main were all pretty vile, but I wasn't that hungry. The eggs were a bit rubbery but I polished it off and enjoyed it. Getting actual fresh fruit rather than a plastic cup of Dole fruit cocktail was nice.

On a side note, the crew were good on both sectors. Small things like insisting on making a fresh pot of tea or coffee when I nipped to the galley in between meals. On both flights the majority of crew were ex-WW, with about a third ex-MF and then a few new recruits. Morale seems to be in a better place now than back in March when I last flew longhaul.
bafan, ENTP and zakaroni like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
GRU-LHR. Dinner options were pasta or chicken. I went for chicken. 3 tiny pieces of chicken and the rest was rice and vegetables. Tasty. Starter and dessert good too. Breakfast options were English breakfast or omelette. I went for the English one. As you can see it was not full English. Both meals were acceptable for Y.

ENTP and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 7:23 pm

WT LHR-BWI on 2 Dec 2022.
Chicken Chasseur (again) - although it did seem to have more chicken in it this time (!). Spork at the ready.... . Overall, a somewhat (much) better meal than the the AA one on the way out.
Sealink, bafan and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: ba,VIRGIN
Hi- Has anyone any info on what is served BA207 LHR to MIAMI in economy please.I read on facebook that they had recently changed some meals recently? Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by dundalkspur
Hi- Has anyone any info on what is served BA207 LHR to MIAMI in economy please.I read on facebook that they had recently changed some meals recently? Thanks.
I was on BA209 (also LHR - MIA) yesterday. Even though your flight is earlier, I imagine because of the timing you would be served lunch, which was hunters chicken w/ veg or mac & cheese. I didn't eat a single thing on the plane and slept through both services so couldn't comment further than that I'm afraid.
dundalkspur likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Was on BA57 last week (LHR-JNB) and took the chicken curry - it was extremely tasty in its own right (and spicy but not too spicy to serve to a whole cabin), but it had a small grilled red chilli on top, as garnish. I ate it, and it was the hottest thing I've had inflight since the 'Sri Lankan main' on a UL LHR-CMB flight about 20 years ago...

Be careful out there!

DreamTrip - that's the one, absolutely delicious. Did you eat the chilli?
i travelled on a flight to DXB in late 2021 and had that chill and yes it was bloody hot! And I agree, possibly the hottest thing I’ve ever eaten. Picture below!

Sealink likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
What is the Y class menu for TATL flights - both from LHR and back?
Old May 1, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Today's BA263 from LHR-LAX.

Didn't bother eating, so say exactly what there was.

Drinks run and trays handed out near the start of the flight.
One drinks trolley went up the ABC side. The other side went straight past everyone half way or so during the flight.
One box of shortbread brought around maybe 6hrs into the flight.
My seatmate had something that looked like a thai curry etc. for a second meal an hour or so before landing.

Didn't see the crew for more than 5 mins during the flight.
Did pop to the rear galley where 3 cre were to get a bottle of water part way through the flight (after suffering Wakanda Forever)
Old May 2, 2023, 9:35 am

...another TATL meal from down the back... (BA293 LHR-IAD 1 May 2023)
The Do&Co label said it was 'Hunters Chicken' - which is odd since I thought chickens were kept in sheds before their demise (maybe it where the hunter goes if they don't bag a deer!). Anyway, it was quite tasty. The starter was some sort of beet concoction, dessert was what it says. Crackers with dairylea spread... . The cutlery was wooden, but I was fore-armed with my spork!

Sealink likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by CKBA
...another TATL meal from down the back... (BA293 LHR-IAD 1 May 2023)
The Do&Co label said it was 'Hunters Chicken' - which is odd since I thought chickens were kept in sheds before their demise (maybe it where the hunter goes if they don't bag a deer!). Anyway, it was quite tasty. The starter was some sort of beet concoction, dessert was what it says. Crackers with dairylea spread... . The cutlery was wooden, but I was fore-armed with my spork!

Dairylea spread is very poor even for economy.
Old May 2, 2023, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by jamestg
Admittedly is rather 'cheap', but you get what you pay for (or so I keep being told on this forum!)
DXB2745 likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jamestg
On the same flight WTP got dairylea too… Albeit with slightly fancier crackers.
Old May 3, 2023, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by BitterLemon
On the same flight WTP got dairylea too… Albeit with slightly fancier crackers.
Jesus, and there was me disappointed with that grim tillamook cheese on ex-US flights in WTP.

This *must* be a catering/supply issue? Dairylea is essentially a child’s cheese which even some kids would turn their nose up at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.