Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 2:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

I’ve launched this thread as a place for us to share some details about the in-flight meals served in World Traveller. Hopefully as the posts populate over time, it will give us an idea of what food we can expect to receive on upcoming flights.

Related threads:
Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus
The main course pre-order choice thread
Post your BA Food Pictures here
The vegan / vegetarian food thread

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:16 am

The lack of replies on this thread shows how much long haul Y travel seems to go on here!

But does anyone know what's served in Y on the SIN-SYD leg of BA15? Does it suffer from the muffin breakfast as the shorter overnight TATL flights get or is a full hot breakfast still served?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BAW845_Matt

But does anyone know what's served in Y on the SIN-SYD leg of BA15? Does it suffer from the muffin breakfast as the shorter overnight TATL flights get or is a full hot breakfast still served?
You get an ambient Tim Tam.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I'm flying on BA227 (LHR-ATL) tomorrow and was wondering what the second meal service is - is it an ambient snack a la NYC or is it something more substantial?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Was on BA217 (LHR-IAD) on 18th December.
Will admit that I was shocked to discover that the 2nd "meal" was now a single biscuit, and the crew were insistent upon that - used to be a sandwich & 2 finger Kitkat.
Next time I'm in WT I'll be taking a sandwich with me.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Did you enjoy the basket of shame service, we are so proud to offer this to our valued customers?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
A single biscuit or a fun size Mars bar is handed out, some of the last few occasions to the East coast I haven't offered anything. Not widely mentioned also are the enhancement of Pretzels which used to be handed out with the first drinks round. On a flight in last Nov when they were not given with my drink I actually asked a crew member who replied politely "Sorry Sir, they have taken them away!" I assume by "They" the crew member is referring to Cruz and his band of merry cutters!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I am taking my first long haul economy trip for 17 years this summer having booked a family holiday in the USA. Thankfully it's only on the westbound as the inbound WT+ price was only marginally more than WT and there was UUA availability to CW.

I'm glad I came across this thread because I'm used to two meals on westbound flights. I'd never have figured that there'd only be the one!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Where are you flying to and from?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Did you enjoy the basket of shame service, we are so proud to offer this to our valued customers?
I guess I finally encountered it

I'll admit that I thought the BoS only applied on flights under 8hrs so wasn't expecting the Washington flight to be affected. Hey ho - live and learn.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:34 pm

Ba11 lhr - sin

Does anybody know what you can expect in WT on BA11 LHR - SIN?

As a side question, how long have the paid upgraded meals been around for? I can't say I've seen anything on here about them.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
May 12th 2015

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ne...my-passengers/
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:09 pm

Looking forward to my first BA WT Y flight in June.....

Anyone know what meal is served on the morning BA165 to TLV ? Also hoping the 787-9 seats aren't that bad (
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by glennnn
Does anybody know what you can expect in WT on BA11 LHR - SIN?
I did this back in June, the the standard WT dinner tray which seems to have dwindled to a very unfulfilling small size.

There was a limited snack box in the galley from memory.

In the morning we had a hot breakfast accompanied by a small carton of orange juice.

While I'd have appreciated more food of a higher quality the whole experience was pretty bearable.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
BoS was also present on LHR - ORD in October last year... it too is scheduled at over 8hrs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.