Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I was actually pleasantly surprised by the main course I had to LOS last month. The chicken curry was pretty tasty and the dessert (chocolate pot) was excellent. OK the starter wasn’t great and the roll was a bit cheap and nasty, but the main and dessert were closer to things I’ve had in CW than I thought they might be.As for the fun sized Mars Bar, fortunately I was suitably briefed by FT and picked up something at LHR for later in the flight.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Sorry to ressurect a thread - does anyone know if the 'enhanced' second meal basket has been rolled out to more routes? Will be flying Y out to MIA later this month.

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I flew to TPA in Y recently and second service was a coronation chicken sandwich (full size) and a kit Kat. Imagine MIA would be the same?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
That's great, sounds like things have improved!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by balowlyblue
That's great, sounds like things have improved!
I did LHR>JFK in Y a few weeks back and we got a yogurt, crisps and some kind of sweet chocolate bar thing (I don't remember clearly, the crew were very attentive with the fizzy stuff and seemed appreciative I'd moved seats to let a family sit together so I was really quite merry by that stage of the flight).

It was certainly a more extensive offering than previously though, I also had a quite palatable chicken curry and wasn't hungry getting off the plane...so maybe an improvement!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I know! I hadn't researched and was fully prepared for the worst, so had eaten twiglets, nuts, and had some bits I'd taken from the lounge in Gatwick
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
What does the basket of shame compromise on breakfast services? Like JFK-LHR?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:12 am

Request the Hindu meal for curry.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
I could not see anything about this so I thought I might ask here. Travelling WT: Can you ask for another small wine bottle after dinner/lunch without being refused or raising eyebrows because they think you are a p**s artist? I don't travel WT much but seem to remember getting a 187ml bottle before dinner and another one with dinner. That's all! I could easily have another over an 8 hour flight so should I just ask? Otherwise, is there anywhere to buy these small bottles in the T5 departure area? Not a problem on short-haul as they have them for sale on board.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
I could not see anything about this so I thought I might ask here. Can you ask for another small wine bottle after dinner/lunch without being refused or raising eyebrows because they think you are a p**s artist? I don't travel WT much but seem to remember getting a 187ml bottle before dinner and another one with dinner. That's all! I could easily have another over an 8 hour flight so should I just ask? Otherwise, is there anywhere to buy these small bottles in the T5 departure area?
I've never had a problem getting additional drinks (alcoholic or anything else) just ask and you should receive.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Is it possible for an adult to pre-order a kid's meal? The BA website says it's available for children up to 12, but I have a very fussy relative flying to SFO soon, who'd much prefer the kid's meal.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:42 am

Is there free food and drinks in YCL on DOH flights? Last flew BA in 2000 when it was still a full service carrier, time was very different back then. Booked as a codeshare connection with QR by mistake, will the crew go around like Jetstar to identify those who booked a full service and offer them their tray then go around with buy-on-board?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by jckl
Is there free food and drinks in YCL on DOH flights? Last flew BA in 2000 when it was still a full service carrier, time was very different back then. Booked as a codeshare connection with QR by mistake, will the crew go around like Jetstar to identify those who booked a full service and offer them their tray then go around with buy-on-board?
Longhaul is still complimentary food and drinks.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...orld-traveller
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: AA, BA, B6, DL, D8, EI
It's still a basket 'pass' for the second 'meal' correct (with no regard to special meal/dietary concerns)?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.