Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by EJetter
This is a trial, although the details I’ve read say they’re using up excess Club World stock.
This was what crew said to me when I asked - and would explain why the wine was fairly decent (compared to the previous plastic bottles).
Old Mar 24, 2024, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Flying to Tokyo tomorrow at 09.00. In lowly economy!! What can I expect in terms of meals? Do they have 'raid the larder' or equivalent for us low-lifes? Ice Cream?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Lunch and hot breakfast, ice cream served mid flight and snacks in the galley.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by JSM8
Flying to Tokyo tomorrow at 09.00. In lowly economy!! What can I expect in terms of meals? Do they have 'raid the larder' or equivalent for us low-lifes? Ice Cream?
catering is generally poor for this length of flight even in CW. Advice: bring your own snacks.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Thank you. I will go with sufficiently low expectations!!!
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Taking snacks is always a good idea, but as someone with I think a normal appetite there is enough.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Any ideas on LHR-LAS? 17.15 departure from LHR.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
BWI-LHR (BA228)

Options were 'the chicken' or the vegetarian - Thai red curry, so I went with the curry. (spork extra - rather than the wooden cutlery). The curry was 'mild to hot' - although with no long lasting hotness.
Food served 2 hours in (I was in row 39) - with the trays 'removed' 15 minutes after being served (I had to extract the mouse and cheese before these were removed). No wine offered.

Just for comparison - this was JAL offerings in Y on the JL10 HND-ORD flight a few days earlier ('butter scented chicken'). Reasonably comparable in quantity/quality. (It did have steel cutlery/chop sticks).
Sealink and DXB2745 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 9:17 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by CKBA
BWI-LHR (BA228)

Options were 'the chicken' or the vegetarian - Thai red curry, so I went with the curry. (spork extra - rather than the wooden cutlery). The curry was 'mild to hot' - although with no long lasting hotness.
Food served 2 hours in (I was in row 39) - with the trays 'removed' 15 minutes after being served (I had to extract the mouse and cheese before these were removed). No wine offered.
I'm kind of surprised at the sad state of BA's Y catering - the amount of single use waste is depressing.

I just flew IAD-MUC-IAD last week on LH and everything was markedly better - real, reusable crockery (the IAD-MUC meals were actually on china, but it looked like everyone was served a Y+ meal), metal utensils, bread rolls that were warmed up, and real coffee cups (even during the pre-arrival service).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.