Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2023, 1:17 pm

—apologies, posted on wrong thread—

Last edited by jacksprat; May 6, 2023 at 1:15 am Reason: Moving post
Old Jun 4, 2023, 10:46 am

Does anyone know what happened to the enhanced pre-paid world traveller catering?

I rarely fly in WT, but when I did, I used to order these. They were excellent quality, a big step up from WT (and WT+) meals, similar if not better than CW meals.

I wonder if not many people used it and they discontinued it?
Old Jun 4, 2023, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Does anyone know what happened to the enhanced pre-paid world traveller catering?

I rarely fly in WT, but when I did, I used to order these. They were excellent quality, a big step up from WT (and WT+) meals, similar if not better than CW meals.

I wonder if not many people used it and they discontinued it?
I'm not sure what happened previously but I think due to the pandemic it was probably scrapped.

However there was a thread not that long ago by the every helpful Can i help you where it was going to be trialed on certain routes and in all cabins but I've not seen or heard anything since, perhaps someone in the know might add something?

New pre-order catering trial starting soon.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes I posted this as soon as I read it, since then nothing!
PETER01 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Lax 9.45 economy catering

Hi All

What could I expect on a morning flight to LAX? Will it be breakfast and lunch? Or breakfast and light meal?

Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by timtamw
Hi All

What could I expect on a morning flight to LAX? Will it be breakfast and lunch? Or breakfast and light meal?

Thanks
Two hot lunches. The first will have starters and cheese too.

The cutoff for breakfast on long haul is earlier (pre 9am I think)
Old Jul 15, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
Two hot lunches. The first will have starters and cheese too.

The cutoff for breakfast on long haul is earlier (pre 9am I think)
Thanks for that. Oooh strange I thought anything before 11am would be breakfast
Old Jul 15, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by timtamw
Thanks for that. Oooh strange I thought anything before 11am would be breakfast
By the time wheels are up, drinks are out, and meals are served it will be 10:30/11am anyway. The lunch offerings are slightly better than breakfast offerings too.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 3:05 am

World Traveller LHR - JFK

Hi People

We are due to fly LHR - JFK 16:15 and return JFK - LGW 20:15 (absolute ball ache of a change of flights by BA) in December

Can anyone advise what sort of food may be provided and how much for those sort of times. Also, i have a very fussy 8 yr old, is it worth prebooking kids meals?

TIA

Last edited by TazTravel; Jul 27, 2023 at 3:06 am Reason: misspelled airpot
Old Jul 27, 2023, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Dinner and snack outbound and dinner and breakfast inbound, I would order a child meal for a fussy child.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 4:04 am

thanks, much appreciated!
Old Aug 23, 2023, 10:43 am

Recently completed BOS-LHR (7:05am) and LHR-BOS (10:25am). Breakfast options were veg omelette and standard eggs/meat/veg, with a delicious empanada shortly before the end of the flight. On the return was a pasta (no pic) and Periperi chicken and this "hot pocket-y" handheld in a box towards the end of the flight. I thought they were all delicious, especially the end of the flight hot snacks. The flight attendants had this... alacrity (haven't used that word in decades) that was lovely.

Traveled with wife and 6yr old. They graciously let all of us into the Lounge at Boston (only I was OWE), which I was not expecting, but the person at First/OWE check in said we should all be able to get in, and even then I didn't think we could get in. Didn't try at LHR on the outbound, but they let all 3 of us into the North T5 lounge on the inbound. The person at the GLA lounge would've also let all 3 of us in, but I didn't want to push it considering the circumstances (5 of us in our party, and I didn't want to split us).

On a related note, I brought an in law to the First lounge in T5 south, and I was shocked at how flavorless the food buffet was, and we didn't have time for a la carte (didn't check if it was an option). I looked in the Business lounge, and it was the same buffet, which also appeared on the aforementioned North T5 lounge on the return. I actually enjoyed all 4 meals on the plane over anything I ate in the lounge (except for ice cream) which is... very sad.

Sealink and JapesUK like this.

Last edited by kanny; Aug 23, 2023 at 10:52 am
Old Oct 1, 2023, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-BWI WT
Of course, without a menu it's bit of guesswork: starter pot seemed to be some sort of beetroot (from the colour) and creamy concoction, main was peri-peri chicken, dessert was the chocolate and salted caramel pot, finished off with cheese and biscuits.

The vegetarian-lacto version, same started (no idea of the main!), pistachio cake and cheese and biscuits. Interestingly the biscuits were Peter's Yard vs Jacobs.
Sealink, JapesUK and DXB2745 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
On
today, the mid-flight tuck box is back:

Hope they load several boxes per flight!
Sealink, LCSinTexas, Ele73 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Eeek! Wrong thread! Sorry

Last edited by LCSinTexas; Oct 12, 2023 at 1:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.