Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Recently flew from Gatwick to Orlando. The first meal choice was either chicken tikka and rice or bean chilli with rice. Second meal was either a hot wrap filled with chicken tikka or mozzarella and tomato. They must have had bought a bulk amount of chicken tikka for both meals to offer it.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:47 am

Does anyone know what the 'light meal' (second meal) breakfast choice is for overnight J services out of LHR (>10 hours, landing in the morning local time)? Will this always be a choice including the CE full English breakfast equivalent, or is it possible that the breakfast will very light and consist of a wrap or pastry?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by vhdg87
Does anyone know what the 'light meal' (second meal) breakfast choice is for overnight J services out of LHR (>10 hours, landing in the morning local time)? Will this always be a choice including the CE full English breakfast equivalent, or is it possible that the breakfast will very light and consist of a wrap or pastry?
....try the Long haul catering in Club World... (search titles for 'catering')
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by CKBA
....try the Long haul catering in Club World... (search titles for 'catering')
Sorry, my mistake.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by vhdg87
Sorry, my mistake.
Hey, no J pax in our cabin... get back where you belong - we need all the space and food that reflects our status... ;-)
LCSinTexas and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:51 pm

...and it's Chicken Chasseur (again)... LHR-BWI 25-Sep-2022, but this time with real chicken bone (or at least I think it was!).

Sealink likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:06 pm
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ziz
Honestly I was pretty annoyed about it. Was quite hungry and the wrap looked pretty good. Was only that far in the back because I wanted the twin seats for me and my 3 year old so as not to bother others.
as a follow up to this post…I ended up emailing to complain. Got the form letter response about how they can’t load enough for everyone to have their first choice (note: my complaint was there wasn’t enough for everyone to get anything let alone first choice). Anyway, they proactively gave me 10k avios. Whether they ever appear is anyomes guess as I’ve had it before that the avios were never deposited.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Meals LHR-LAS in WT in October 2022. I was actually quite impressed, especially with the second meal. Having had a very tiny sandwich LHR-BOS earlier in the year, my expectations were so low I bought a sandwich from Starbucks to eat in-flight for the second meal.As it turned out, the meals were both quite reasonable. The catering provider was Do&Co.

The main meal: Chicken Chasseur with mash and beans. The bread roll was pretty decent. The salad was finely diced vegetables and quinoa with a seemingly yoghurt-based dressing in the bottom of the pot. It was quite reasonable. The main meal looks a bit bland but was actually quite tasty and well-cooked (aircraft was an A350, so probably had fairly new oven design). The chocolate pot was a fairly simple creamy chocolate pudding.

The second meal: Thai Red Curry with rice. The salad pot was diced beets and vegetables, again with dressing in the bottom. Some passengers treated it with great suspicion but I found it to be edible. The curry was pretty tasty despite looking pretty simple. It was made with actual spices (also authentic curry sauce: the label warned of crustaceans), and was the quality of a good microwave meal (which is about what I expect in economy cabins). The dessert pot was quite OK.

Overall, as back-of-the-bus catering goes, it was good.

Chicken Chasseur with Potato Mash & Green Beans

Thai Red Chicken Curry with Rice.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:00 pm

Chicken chasseur served in WT LHR-BOS earlier this month. Tasted far better than it looked and came with a small quinoa based salad, a bread roll, cheese & crackers and a small (although very nice) chocolate pot.

Second “meal” was a pretty pathetic vegetarian pastry (there may have been chicken too, but vegetarian was all they had by the time they reached the rear section of economy on the upper deck of the A380).
Sealink likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:07 pm

Clearly the hot second meal is for the US longer-haul long hauls. The chicken chasseur is pretty tasty - and sufficient (although it feel that everything had been downsized by 10%).
Note to self though: take my spork - the wooden cutlery is awful (and probably just ends up in landfill as did the plastic).
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
…Note to self though: take my spork - the wooden cutlery is awful (and probably just ends up in landfill as did the plastic).
But at least the wooden cutlery biodegrades within a reasonable period.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Clearly the hot second meal is for the US longer-haul long hauls. The chicken chasseur is pretty tasty - and sufficient (although it feel that everything had been downsized by 10%).
Note to self though: take my spork - the wooden cutlery is awful (and probably just ends up in landfill as did the plastic).
I found the wooden cutlery to be sufficient - and better than the previous lightweight plastic cutlery.
Y29M likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: BA
That’s promising!

How was the drinks service on the LHR-LAS leg? Pre-covid we experienced multiple occasions a few hours in when they had ‘run out’ of booze. We don’t go on any kind of bender onboard but we do enjoy a wine or whisky throughout the flight.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: ba,VIRGIN
Miami to LHR in Ecomony in December - Can anyone let me know if you have any idea for the meal choices . As I have to avoid beef .Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've just flown Main Cabin Extra on AA to LAX.

Didn't bother eating but some chicken / pasta options.
Drinks run.
Ice cream tub about 4hrs or so out.
Pizza roll or something in a sausage roll sized box around 1hr out followed by a drinks run.

Snacks were pretzels, Walkers shortbread fingers, some brownie bars and crisps. Loads of them in the galley.

Practically zero crew interaction from boarding to departing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.