Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:09 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Are you really going to do this every time?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
I'm showing unable to book exit row and first row of economy (fixed configure) on my pain overnighter to DME week after next
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have an upcoming trip (FRA-LCY) on a E90; the exit row seats are greyed out (other SH sectors on the PNR are okay) but there are exit row seats at the back that are assignable. I've never been on BA CityFlyer before but this seems a bit odd and at any rate I don't see a reason for the exit row seats in two 12 to be blocked. Am I missing something?
Attached Images  
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
I have an upcoming trip (FRA-LCY) on a E90; the exit row seats are greyed out (other SH sectors on the PNR are okay) but there are exit row seats at the back that are assignable. I've never been on BA CityFlyer before but this seems a bit odd and at any rate I don't see a reason for the exit row seats in two 12 to be blocked. Am I missing something?
CE curtain has yet to be moved, or they're actually selected is my guess.

What does Expert Flyer show?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
CE curtain has yet to be moved, or they're actually selected is my guess.

What does Expert Flyer show?
From what I see on The BA Source even with the largest CE section the curtain never gets to row 12.

Expert Flyer shows that ET begins at row 9 although all the seats between 9 and 12 are blocked.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Just tried to select an apparently available exit seat for a LHR-PRG in a couple of months. I was pre assigned a seat in the row before the exit row. All exit seats apparently available, can select but can't make it stick. GGL line can't make it stick... so it's gone to seating
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
From what I see on The BA Source even with the largest CE section the curtain never gets to row 12.

Expert Flyer shows that ET begins at row 9 although all the seats between 9 and 12 are blocked.
That's not new at all and not a manifestation of the problem in the thread. They keep the front of ET blocked to give latitude to CE curtain movements. It may change before T-72, but at T-72 this should alter. 12 rows CE from FRA is a bit high but it is a CE high route on the whole. If the map gave row 10 as available but not 12, then that would be an example of this thread's issue. Some of the other posts here also seem to fall into that category.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That's not new at all and not a manifestation of the problem in the thread. They keep the front of ET blocked to give latitude to CE curtain movements. It may change before T-72, but at T-72 this should alter. 12 rows CE from FRA is a bit high but it is a CE high route on the whole. If the map gave row 10 as available but not 12, then that would be an example of this thread's issue. Some of the other posts here also seem to fall into that category.
Fair enough, thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:30 am

Data point. I am able to select the exit row seats to FRA return (BA902 and BA903) in April.

H
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hoch
Data point. I am able to select the exit row seats to FRA return (BA902 and BA903) in April.

H
New reservation or existing one ie seat change ? I still can't on new domestic reservations in March.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:06 am

So I made a new resv today for 1386/1405 return for the 24th. I'm a blue so always book and pay for exit row right after booking. Now it looks like normal seats are £9 and exits are £11 but are not bookable for either journey.

I phoned and spoke to CS who could only say that they had not been released and were not yet taken by any psgrs. I asked about policy changes and he was not aware of any changes.

I also did a couple of dummy bookings and it looks like no exits are bookable using mmb.

Great, just great...

Last edited by contractor; Feb 15, 2016 at 7:03 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Maybe it's a new safety policy of keeping the exit rows clear of any passengers.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by gcuk
New reservation or existing one ie seat change ? I still can't on new domestic reservations in March.
New and booked last night.

H
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
It seems that comments on here are passing off the blocked ET exit seats as a normal function of what BA CAN do before -72. Whilst this is correct, I've never seen it before on so many flights, and reports over the last few weeks seem to bear this out.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:06 am

I'm not sure if this has been covered earlier in the thread, its become quite long!

I just spoke with GCL about a booking with myself, and my non GCH partner, wishing to grab two exit row seats on a forthcoming SH flight.

She says that BA have recently increased the price of seat selection, and that the IT system will not allow them as agents to book seats for both GCH, and non GCH due to a glitch. She can book one for me, but she has had to email the seat selection for my partner to be manually done.

IT are working on solving the issue...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.