Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can't believe this is still not fixed. Must either be some seriously messy coding or very low prority to BA (or both).
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
I'm not sure if this has been covered earlier in the thread, its become quite long!

I just spoke with GCL about a booking with myself, and my non GCH partner, wishing to grab two exit row seats on a forthcoming SH flight.

She says that BA have recently increased the price of seat selection, and that the IT system will not allow them as agents to book seats for both GCH, and non GCH due to a glitch. She can book one for me, but she has had to email the seat selection for my partner to be manually done.

IT are working on solving the issue...
Same happened to me, mentioned it in an earlier post - and Mrs Lem never had her seat moved either. Got on the plane from AMS on Saturday and I was the only person in all 12 of the exit row seats
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ObscuredByClouds
Can't believe this is still not fixed. Must either be some seriously messy coding or very low prority to BA (or both).
As long as the paid for seat selection is working I can't see this being a priority. It's hardly going to drive away much worthwhile custom is it?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by HIDDY
As long as the paid for seat selection is working I can't see this being a priority. It's hardly going to drive away much worthwhile custom is it?
Well I've today booked flights to Porto with TAP rather than BA for my team of 3 people. I figure I've just been status matched to *A so I may as well give it a go. If we still had worthwhile avios earning and emergency row seat selection I would have gone BA but the loss of these combined with the lounge fiasco* in Gatwick makes me think I'd rather fly someone else.

I guess you can argue that the custom of Silvers is not worthwhile but it's only so long you can operate with an attitude like that.

*Yes I know the South Terminal *A lounge is also the No1 but it can't be as chaotic as the current BA offering.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
I fully agree, BA can do without the Silver and Bronze. BA is after the LCC public now. That's where the profit is.

BTW No problem for Golds to reserve exit seats. Availability is ample!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
*Yes I know the South Terminal *A lounge is also the No1 but it can't be as chaotic as the current BA offering.
It's the new Clubrooms in No. 1, which will open very shortly and are very swish, if still rather blingy in the way BA lounges mercifully avoids. If you are travelling in the very near future there is no TAP lounge. If it's further off then BA will be going head to head with TAP - which I think is a very good airline - at LGW South, but at least the new BA lounges will be there too.

I've had a message from the high-paids in BA confirming that there is no change to policy for Silvers or Emeralds, just a set of IT glitches that came about as a result of increasing the fees for exit rows. The increased fees will make it easier for late booking Silvers and Golds to get the exit rows seats, so in the long run it will work to your advantage.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by vibguy
... BTW No problem for Golds to reserve exit seats. Availability is ample!
Stop teasing!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've had a message from the high-paids in BA confirming that there is no change to policy for Silvers or Emeralds, just a set of IT glitches that came about as a result of increasing the fees for exit rows. The increased fees will make it easier for late booking Silvers and Golds to get the exit rows seats, so in the long run it will work to your advantage.
Which confirms what Louise told the forum days ago yet people still chose to ignore her. Makes you wonder why she bothers.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Which confirms what Louise told the forum days ago yet people still chose to ignore her. Makes you wonder why she bothers.
Oh I believe her, and I believe CWS. I also value their input and meant no offense to Louise.

I don't however believe BA will fix it any time soon and wouldn't be surprised if they thought it was easier to just make it a new policy after all. Either way, I now have an alternative on that route so why take the risk, as long as the South Terminal No.1 is open by March (thanks CWS for that potential spanner in the works!!).
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Oh believe me, I understand BA is not concerned with my custom, they've made that plainly obvious in the past year.

But an airline should inspire confidence in its ability to regognise, diagnose and correct problems. I'm aware this is a trivial bug (all toys remain safely in my pram), but it's also one they've promised to fix.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Some IT glitch. In the last few days our three 12EF exit row confirmed allocations (ET SH 320) have been moved back to 13AB

Until today both of us BA Silver so it looks like there was a hunt down and remove exit row seat allocations ahead of T-7 for Silver. Gold now so have been able to reselect ahead of 7 days.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by UKTony
Some IT glitch. In the last few days our three 12EF exit row confirmed allocations (ET SH 320) have been moved back to 13AB

Until today both of us BA Silver so it looks like there was a hunt down and remove exit row seat allocations ahead of T-7 for Silver. Gold now so have been able to reselect ahead of 7 days.
All my exit row bookings where Mrs Lem (Blue) is with me have been moved to non-exit seats and can't move both of us back into them, only me.

Gold line saying seats are restricted to Gold only and they can't change it.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Now over 24hrs since I requested a family member (blue) on a separate PNR be seated in 12D next to us. Starting to get a bit miffed
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Left hand, meet right hand
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:42 am

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 8:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.