Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:08 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by capin
I tried to warn you all about the self inflicted IT perils at BA. Unfortunately a few board members insisted on shouting me down at every opportunity. BA had some extremely skilled and experienced systems engineers and they just made most of the redundant. Now, there seems to be an increase in the number of IT issues and the length of time taken to fix them. Coincidence??
As has been pointed out, lots of BA IT has been outsourced for years (including development).
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capin
I tried to warn you all about the self inflicted IT perils at BA. Unfortunately a few board members insisted on shouting me down at every opportunity. BA had some extremely skilled and experienced systems engineers and they just made most of the redundant. Now, there seems to be an increase in the number of IT issues and the length of time taken to fix them. Coincidence??
Because you still haven't managed to show any link whatsoever between outsourcing and any specific issue. You have you pet theory which you are trotting out every time there is an issue, but until you actually provide evidence that's all it is - a theory.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Seat assignment via the App worked flawlessly.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:38 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13D15 Safari/601.1)

It's an utter mess. I'm now seeing the MMB page on multiple flights showing a different seat number to the seat I'm in when I click into the seat map.

MMB shows an exit row seat whereas the seat map shows the exits blocked out & me bumped one or 2 rows forward.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Selected exit seats when I booked my flights. Found myself moved a row back when I went to check yesterday and the exit row greyed. Tweeted, but got the standard 'there is nothing we can do as airport now has control'. Exit row still greyed during check in at self service machine.

Boarded flight. Only 1 person in exit row. Frustrating.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:46 am
Company Representative

Update on exit row issue

Hi everyone,
We've identified the cause of the issue impacting display and booking of exit row seats for some customers. A fix has been developed and is being tested across all impacted systems.
I will post a progress update on Friday along with a target resolution date.
Simon
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
As one very funny developer said to me today "these damn electrons keep screwing up my code...."

Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Simon, will it fix the issue preventing GCH's selecting an exit row seat for non-GCH's with them on the same booking?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Simon, will it fix the issue preventing GCH's selecting an exit row seat for non-GCH's with them on the same booking?
I didn't realise that this was a specific issue but would explain why my exit row seating request took 5 days for seating to action and make stick, then my daughter's seat (next to me) took another 3 days....
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
As one very funny developer said to me today "these damn electrons keep screwing up my code...."

Speaking as an ex-developer: No, it's the cosmic rays flipping random bits.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
As a silver the website is trying to charge me £8 to select any seat (not just exit rows) on my upcoming domestic flights EDI-LHR-EDI.

Very annoying!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by henkybaby

To me it is mostly being the neutrons creating the fuzz.

Anywho. I booked another trip and again, during booking the exit rows were blocked (even though my BAEC no. was there and correctly stated the miles I'd get), but after booking I could select the exit rows without any flaws.
The choosing-while-booking might be another issue...
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
All exit rows still blocked in all kinds of SH bookings, but at T-72 for a flight on Sat all exit rows opened up magically together with just-post-curtain rows ... confusing, to say the least.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Star Alliance Gold (status match)
Maybe this is related to this new enhancement?

BA Enhances its short haul economy fare structure
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi everyone,
We've identified the cause of the issue impacting display and booking of exit row seats for some customers. A fix has been developed and is being tested across all impacted systems.
I will post a progress update on Friday along with a target resolution date.
Simon
Looking forward to the update, Simon. Just booked 2 more flights and both cases havent been able to select exit rows. One of those bookings was a change from a Fri to Thurs flight booked back in October - I had been able to select exit row then, but couldnt on the new flight.

Called the Silver Line who also couldnt do anything, but the lady seemed to suggest that it had always been like that and that they would be released for everyone 14 days prior...

Fingers crossed it gets sorted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.