Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
So on my VIE-LGW last night, not wanting to pay £14 to select an exit row seat at online check-in I managed to get my seat changed to an exit row free of charge at the bag drop desk. I'm a mere Blue, by the way.

Left Vienna late due to flow control at Gatwick, but managed to arrive with only a 7 minute delay. Very lively landing, caused me to slip right down in my seat! And really surprisingly attentive crew for economy, doing frequent rubbish rounds and offering more drinks at the same time. Pastrami sandwich was very tasty but I think I preferred the tuna niçoise on the outbound.

Last edited by EJetter; Feb 9, 2016 at 5:18 am
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:24 am
Company Representative - British Airways

There was an issue identified which was preventing Executive Club Members from being able to reserve an Exit row seat on shorthaul but this has now been resolved. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Warm Regards
Louise
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:31 am

Hmm, don't know if it's related but I'm now getting the "Unfortunately it is not possible for you to choose a seat at this time" message on all my upcoming bookings.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Star Alliance Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by Jpsartre
Hmm, don't know if it's related but I'm now getting the "Unfortunately it is not possible for you to choose a seat at this time" message on all my upcoming bookings.
I am getting the same on some bookings - also am unable to upgrade any flights (not sure if related?)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Same here. So do we presume that all the speculation about charging is just that? BA Executive Club aka Louise only mentioned a problem about reserving exit seats, nothing about a change in policy.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
There was an issue identified which was preventing Executive Club Members from being able to reserve an Exit row seat on shorthaul but this has now been resolved. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Warm Regards
Louise
Thank you Louise for clarification.

I did get this too about 15 min ago but retried and now it's gone. Everything's back to normal. For now...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flip42
everything's back to normal. For now...
Not for me as a silver - all exit rows on upcoming reservations are still greyed out
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond

Warm Regards
Louise
Still no exit row available to me on 8 March LHR-EDI rtn or LGW-EDI rtn. I just tried a dummy booking to see if it was fixed and it isn't. I've booked now on easyjet.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:18 am

I still cant select exit row seats as a OW Sapphire. Maybe they are already booked up but seems unlikely in my experience for flights in a few weeks.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Same here, EF shows them as not occupied, MMB shows them as blocked.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Same here as a SCH on a booking next month. We've not been booted, but the 10 other exit seats are greyed out. Since hardly any other seats are reserved and none of the other exits were when I checked recently, I find it hard to believe they've all been booked recently.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:26 am

It hasn't been resolved for me. Exit rows still greyed out on all my upcoming flights (I'm silver).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
An announcement followed by BA IT hackathon to make it so would be poor practice.

Even if the observed behaviour was unintended at this time it may suggest the capability to support changes that have yet to be announced / activated was being put in place.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Flying DUS / LCY / GLA on Friday. I'm trying to do the 72hour shuffle that I usually do, but I too am getting the "Sorry, we are unable to confirm your seat request(s)" message. Only one of the seats I'm trying to move to is an exit row, - both are showing as available for selection, but I can't make it stick. I also can't move to any other seat!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Another +1 on nothing having changed since the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.