Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Exit rows are back for me. The other exit row seats in this photo were not selectable yesterday. This is for a flight in March.
+1 . Exit rows now back for me for an RFS booked yesterday for early March, an existing RFS for Feb remained unaffected.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by gcuk
For what dates, what type of fare? I can't do exits on LHR-EDI.
ET (not HBO), end Mar and early Apr
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
This is what I can determine from my own bookings:

1. Some of the exit rows are now selectable- but not on all bookings (domestics LHR-EDI for instance can't see any exit rows available yet)
2. On a family booking, there is 1 flight where I can select an exit row if I log in as myself (Gold) but if I log in as my toddler (Silver) then I can't select those seats.

Personally, I think it is a glitch that is being corrected in tranches, but the risk would appear to be that some levels (perhaps SCH and below) are not able to select exit rows until T-72.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
2D on an E190 now selected (couldn't choose it a few hours ago) - I feel like I've been reunited with [insert something important here]

(Still no row 10 seats free for my A319 DUB flight at the end of March - but suspect someone has grabbed them all as rows ahead pretty full it seems)
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Tried the same dummy booking as yesterday (LHR-EDI, non HBO in March) and cannot select emergency exit seats during the booking process.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Oneworld Emerald here - flying LHR-DUB on Wednesday and every seat is available including exit rows now.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
So seemingly its silvers who are the only ones negatively effected? Sorry to those but I see this as a positive change given the number of golds relative to the number of exit row seats.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Exit rows on my upcoming ET flights are now available for selection again, which they weren't two days ago.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603
So seemingly its silvers who are the only ones negatively effected? Sorry to those but I see this as a positive change given the number of golds relative to the number of exit row seats.
Not quite true - when attempting a dummy booking way out (october) I still see all of the forward ET cabin blocked, including the emergency exit rows.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Where are all the lurkers on this board from BA...no one official care to comment.

Has anyone posted a question or complaint on Twitter as BA seem to react better to complaints on that medium.

I would guess it's either an IT glitch or BA trying out and seeing how much sh*t gets raised. If none then proceed and withdraw benefit, if loads then rescind and blame on an IT glitch.

For me, if they take away yet another Gold benefit then it will just seal the move to EK permanently (and in any event with the down turn in the economy BA are soon going to get screwed with all those super-hi J seats that no one wants to pay for (check out the finance companies, oil companies, everyone cutting costs just as BA, late to the party again, ramp up on super Hi-J)).
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by sts603
The problem with this point of view is that whilst it may be (temporarily) seen on its own as a benefit for Golds, set in the context of a series of changes which are all negatives to some or all fliers, it is only a matter of time before the next benefit is trimmed for Golds (and rationalised as being a benefit by being trimmed less than for Silvers, Bronzes etc.).

To put in context, given what you've said re numbers of Golds is pretty much a constant, the number of them complaining about exit row availability on here is pretty much zero. So its solving a problem that you didn't know existed until now....!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC
BAEC Silver here...

Exit row available on my ET flight this week.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
BAEC Silver here...

Exit row available on my ET flight this week.
Exactly when is your flight?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Yes, seat selection in emergency rows is back on my flights in May.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, I agree something is up. I see something similar for INV too, whereas I would expect to be able to select row 10.

I suspect an IT glitch, in the absence of better information.
Just to confirm that I can now select all six seats in row 10 on this INV sector.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.