Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by FrancisA
Given that the front row(s) of CE are gold reserved seats and you are gold according to your profile, this would be truly bizarre if it were intentional: golds cannot select gold reserved seats!

Perhaps indicates c*ck up more likely than conspiracy (or part way through a multipart IT change being done in the live system for some reason). I'd wait to see what happens on a normal week day rather than a weekend, before assuming the worse - another enhancement.
Yes that seems to be it. My LCY flights - where I have row 1 - all other Row 1 seats are not available, but at least they have not bounced me yet from the row.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:24 am

Afraid this may have caught me out - exit seats weren't available on an ET booking I made last week, so threw some Avios at the problem to go Club Europe (as the second best seats on the plane). Now annoyed that when I look properly the seats are blocked rather than taken, and would have been available if I'd just waited.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
same here on ET on a LHR-FCO flight on a 767. Exit row is 27 (A, B, J, K) and greyed out so surely has nothing to do with the CE "flying curtain"
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
My exit row booking (RFS) on this morning's LHR-DUB flight wasn't changed. Got the row to myself as well.

The DUB-LHR flight I had earlier had me moved from 12a to 17a and a few days before check in, I was able to move to row 13 and then back to the exit row (12c) the following day. CE was full up to row 9.

Both flights booked around the same time last month.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:48 am

Interesting to see how this plays out. Make AA look like saints ^
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
This thread made me rush to check out my big family booking for the summer where I'd grabbed all 6 exit seats in both directions. Fortunately they all seem to be intact... for now...

Whilst I obviously get that seat requests are just that, I won't be at all impressed if we get moved so that BA can try and sell them...
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:10 am

What will be annoying, especially on SH as it does happen a lot is a minor aircraft change, when then means you are shifted as the exit row tends to change.

Previously an easy fix to move into the newly designated exit row but obviously no more. I find this can happen anywhere as far as 3+ months out.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
My exit row seats for Friday remain intact.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by sts603
My exit row seats for Friday remain intact.
There doesn't seem to be any retrospective changes of existing preallocations ...... yet.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by flashware
There doesn't seem to be any retrospective changes of existing preallocations ...... yet.
Yes, on another booking I have 2 exit row seats (still) intact.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:46 am

Has anyone emailed GGL to see if this is a bug or a policy change?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:31 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I had to call the Silver Line today on an unrelated issue and asked the question. The agent did not have all informations but she confirmed that they internally received an e-mail about changes for exit row seating in the last days which are already in effect. She mentioned that there will be a need for pay for it; but that Silver and Gold may be exempt (not Bronze, I asked her to confirm that).
Of course this is to be taken with the usual pinch of salt. I think the important and probably true bit is that there is changes and we are seeing their implementation.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
speedbirdclub.com doesn't say anything about these potential changes as of right now. It still says that premier and gold/OWE can select exit row seats for free.

So at least there is some hope this is just a fluke.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I had to call the Silver Line today on an unrelated issue and asked the question. The agent did not have all informations but she confirmed that they internally received an e-mail about changes for exit row seating in the last days which are already in effect. She mentioned that there will be a need for pay for it; but that Silver and Gold may be exempt (not Bronze, I asked her to confirm that).
Of course this is to be taken with the usual pinch of salt. I think the important and probably true bit is that there is changes and we are seeing their implementation.
Thanks for doing this. If it is simply as case of higher fees for exit rows but free to Sapphire and above (and we are just seeing the shonky implementation of it), then this is actually a good thing to BAEC members, I would have thought - more chance of grabbing the exit row with a late booking. So long as you're not HBO.

Currently it's still generally cheaper to go HBO and buy a seat if needed, rather than upgrading to the full service fare. So the fare delta on domestics is £10 or £15, the seat fee is £7 or £10. If you don't actually get the paid for seat then you can reclaim the money from BA, which I've done, so it's not a bad arrangement.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:21 pm

Very annoying change. BA reducing the value of Gold yet again...

On the other hand, I don't like exit rows, and I'm sick of BA shoving me into them by default on HBO and other fares. Good riddance to auto exit seat allocation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.