Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Report Published] BA2276 LAS-LGW B772 G-VIIO aircraft fire Las Vegas airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Report Published] BA2276 LAS-LGW B772 G-VIIO aircraft fire Las Vegas airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by 110pgl
British Airways seems to think there is a paint facility at CWL.

Interserve provides services for BA at CWL...

This dedicated, purpose-built facility comprises a 242-metre, three-bay hangar, support workshops, a paint shop, offices and ancillary areas.
Ok, yes, there IS a paint shop there, but not an aircraft painting bay. Small paint jobs, panels and maybe engine cowls etc., but not a whole aircraft which that frame will need.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Ok, yes, there IS a paint shop there, but not an aircraft painting bay. Small paint jobs, panels and maybe engine cowls etc., but not a whole aircraft which that frame will need.
fair enough.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

fair enough.
Is that American slang for "Sorry, I was wrong"?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:18 am

IIO was originally scheduled for a C check in February prior to her accident. All this accident has done is push her back slightly (IIP and IIR will go to Cardiff first for their C checks). She should be back operational around the 20th March. She'll definitely be ready to start the summer schedule.

BA management pilots flew it. The route from LAS-VCV was extended in order to test key systems such as pressurisation and high/low speed flight characteristics.

I think the LHR paint shop is still closed for refurbishment. Some short haul aircraft have been painted in Madrid but I don't think any long haul aircraft have been painted for a few months.

Champ
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by champair79
The route from LAS-VCV was extended in order to test key systems such as pressurisation and high/low speed flight characteristics.
Illustrated, I think, by the flightaware graph.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Not at all.. there IS a paint facility. I was correct. And BA does get pieces painted there.

But, it is a fair point by BingBongBoy that to say BA does not use it to paint whole planes.

Not everything has to be a nasty fight. You can have a meeting of the minds.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:47 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Not at all.. there IS a paint facility. I was correct. And BA does get pieces painted there.

But, it is a fair point by BingBongBoy that to say BA does not use it to paint whole planes.

Not everything has to be a nasty fight. You can have a meeting of the minds.
Fair enough
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Lol, I use this phrase all the time due to its concision. For me, it means you have sufficiently made your point and I probably agree, or at least agree or respect your viewpoint enough that I won't try to further debate it. I find myself using it for something where there's no factual certainty, and/or the point of view that was made is one I hadn't considered.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Here is a picture of the repair completed

Source: https://twitter.com/skyblue66/status/703584239602810880
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: BA gold
Looks cute to see the elastoplast around the engine.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Is it a 3-class bird? Is it likely they'll give it a cabin refresh as well as an outside paint job?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Here is a picture of the repair completed
Have to say I took a Malaysian 747-400 once which had an unpainted fuselage repair in a comparable forward door-frame location that, while it wasn't quite that size, was still pretty large and notable.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Is it a 3-class bird? Is it likely they'll give it a cabin refresh as well as an outside paint job?
Don't be silly.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
It is a three-class plane. The cabin refresh seems most unlikely, they've got 4 weeks to paint the plane, fly it to Cardiff, and give it a C-check, and this would be the first 3-class plane to be refreshed so might take longer than subsequent ones. That's if they even intend to refresh 3 class planes.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Andy33
It is a three-class plane. The cabin refresh seems most unlikely, they've got 4 weeks to paint the plane, fly it to Cardiff, and give it a C-check, and this would be the first 3-class plane to be refreshed so might take longer than subsequent ones. That's if they even intend to refresh 3 class planes.
Yes, I thought the priority was to convert the G-YMMx series 4 class to 3 class, rather than refresh the G-VIIx series.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.