Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Report Published] BA2276 LAS-LGW B772 G-VIIO aircraft fire Las Vegas airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Report Published] BA2276 LAS-LGW B772 G-VIIO aircraft fire Las Vegas airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
Lol ^ :-:
lol cool post bro lmao.

x
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:45 am

Another GE90 up in flames:

https://aviation-safety.net/database...?id=20160627-0
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by phol
Another GE90 up in flames:
Although initial reports suggest that it was for a different reason.

More pertinently, last month at HND a KE suffered something similar to G-VIIO, although it was a PW4098: http://www.avherald.com/h?article=498e2ae5&opt=0
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Did they not evacuate!?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by agehall
Did they not evacuate!?
There is a lengthy thread here discussing it which may help answer any questions http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...y-landing.html
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
The cabin honestly did look in sorry state though, Plastics broken on armrests, Overhead lockers taped up lol. Almost like battle scars you would think a plane off for so long that they would at least re fit it.
These most likely have occurred since it was reintroduced into service. It is surprising how much general wear-and-tear occurs in the cabin over a short interval. I was once on a months-old 747 which had an extraordinary amount of cabin wear for such a new aircraft.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by WHBM
These most likely have occurred since it was reintroduced into service. It is surprising how much general wear-and-tear occurs in the cabin over a short interval. I was once on a months-old 747 which had an extraordinary amount of cabin wear for such a new aircraft.
I agree. I once travelled on a VS 747 that had been refitted with the herringbone suites only a couple of months previously. Large amounts of duck tape were evident on the UD holding bits & pieces in place and it did look a sorry sight.

Aircraft take a hammering, they only make money flying after all. If the quality of the fittings isn't great, they look tatty quite quickly. I guess you get what you pay for.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I've read recently in press reports that the NTSB have released data and crew interviews although the formal report has not yet been finalised, anyone know where the released info can be obtained for geek reading moment?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by navylad
I've read recently in press reports that the NTSB have released data and crew interviews although the formal report has not yet been finalised, anyone know where the released info can be obtained for geek reading moment?
Some can be found here: http://avherald.com/h?article=48c10434&opt=0
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:46 pm

Try here: https://dms.ntsb.gov/pubdms/search/h...=0&TXTSEARCHT=

Crew testimony is number 8.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:58 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I read it. I have to say that I am looking forward to the actual report. Some of the statement are surprising to the passenger I am. They might be totally normal but to the non initiated they do not seem normal. Three statement caught my eyes
- the captain admitting not being in full shape due to the fatigue of dead heading to LAS
- the third pilot not knowing at some point what his role was
- the second pilot saying the third pilot actions were unusual

To me I read there was some confusion in the cockpit, and more with the cabin crew.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Indeed an interesting read, great from a human factors perspective and can relate it to emergencies I've been involved in clinically and also at sea.

Love this animation of events too....

https://youtu.be/XiNwbTsOpPg
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
Why is there a distinction on the passenger count of 156+1? I can understand the crew count at 3+10 meaning flight deck and cabin crew, but what's the passenger distinction? Revenue vs non rev?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
V interesting including cabin crew witness statements.

Ultimately everyone got off and sounds like cabin crew did a v good job. Unbelievable people were smoking whilst on the tarmac!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Love this animation of events too....

https://youtu.be/XiNwbTsOpPg
Thanks for sharing, very interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.