Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by CrotchRocket
I'm here tonite as they wouldn't let me fly today. Got the call yesterday.

My first post here, btw
It's an odd first post.

The spelling suggests you might not be UK-based - will you have a problem getting home?

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
^

Terrible, I hope that BA knows that AA allowed people to travel.
BA has nothing to do with this in the case of people having booked a ticket with American Airlines. AA codes the flights and as far as it is concerned only American Airlines can alter or modify the bookings. Those seats are sold by AA and only AA has authority over them even if it is a BA aircraft. On my case it states clearly: Issued by American Airlines Inc.

American (hats off for them) has assumed the cost of this fare published (not forced by anyone here) compared to BA which didn't honor an issued ticket which leaves a lot to be desired concerning how serious they are on their filters before publishing their fares.

As it has been since many years I am a loyal customer on AA and it will continue to be like that for many years to come after this case where even though I will be flying BA, I am not happy at all on how they managed this whole situation on such a third world airline manner.

Rgds

Last edited by giansil; Aug 29, 2015 at 7:52 am

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
Surprisingly I just got a call from someone at BA (forgotten the department) saying that there has been a mix up and they'll get back to me about my flights on Monday... Is this good or bad?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:58 am

Anyone else stranded in PRG?

I was checked-in and issued BPs all the way to CUN.

My first post here, btw
Yup, me. Similar story, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l#post25342006

My return to BRU is on Tuesday. More FT's in town? I'm up for a bar crawl, suggest to send the bar tab to BA.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC silver, SAS Eurobonus diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It's an odd first post.

The spelling suggests you might not be UK-based - will you have a problem getting home?
"Stranded", figured I might as well spend the weekend when I'm here.

No issue getting back to SVG, other than relatively expensive one-way fares. Oh, and it's not on BA btw., Eurobonus diamond
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC silver, SAS Eurobonus diamond
Bartla, PM'ed you

The calling BA number was:
+44 161 495 2600
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by kaka
can we get the BA number that they used to call for cancelling the tickets? just in case they use the same next time round. on asiamiles we have a number we wont pick up evenif they call us 10 times a day
First call was a hidden number, second attempt was +44 161 495 26XX
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by BERbound
Alas the great british public would love nothing better than to see a First class traveller stranded in Prague. There wouldnt be any sympathy
Quite - there would be little public sympathy. To my mind, these error fare cases are similar to the recent Mothercare pricing mistake on child car seats, which was widely reported in the press. Orders were cancelled before dispatch and people were refunded. This didn't stop the 'outrage' but the sway of public opinion seemed to be in favour of the retailer and not the "entitled" bargain hunters.

I will also, controversially perhaps, say that I am happy to see BA is not honouring these mistake fares (although it seems the way in which they have handled it is far from stellar).
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Interesting development that calls are coming from Manchester!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: TK Elite+, OZ Diamond, CX Silver
Anyone else stranded in PRG?

I was checked-in and issued BPs all the way to CUN.

My first post here, btw
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I hope you didn't have to fly in from afar to position yourself in PRG.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by visit14
Quite - there would be little public sympathy. To my mind, these error fare cases are similar to the recent Mothercare pricing mistake on child car seats, which was widely reported in the press. Orders were cancelled before dispatch and people were refunded. This didn't stop the 'outrage' but the sway of public opinion seemed to be in favour of the retailer and not the "entitled" bargain hunters.

I will also, controversially perhaps, say that I am happy to see BA is not honouring these mistake fares (although it seems the way in which they have handled it is far from stellar).
^ +1

Would also assume that they would not credit tier points and Avios, as per AA's T&Cs for mistake fares.

As a BA shareholder, the fact that they don't honor the fares is a good thing. Taking advantage of clear mispricings (which this undoubtedly was as per the BA Twitter screen shot, since cheaper than economy), it is akin to asking the ATM for 100 quid, and keep difference when it gives you 1,000. Even if a contract has been formed (automated process), not much more than petty theft...
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Well, the only logical conculsion I can draw from these various merry tales is:

Always book on AA

I really can't see a downside other than the free 24hr cancellation (and you can always hold the AA tickets if you're really not sure...

Added to which, I actually find the aa.com a bit more sensible and easier to use than BA's website...
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
As a BA shareholder, the fact that they don't honor the fares is a good thing. Taking advantage of clear mispricings (which this undoubtedly was as per the BA Twitter screen shot, since cheaper than economy), it is akin to asking the ATM for 100 quid, and keep difference when it gives you 1,000. Even if a contract has been formed (automated process), not much more than petty theft...
As a shareholder LondonCanuck, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the last few weeks. How well do you think BA has handled its failures?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
^ +1

Would also assume that they would not credit tier points and Avios, as per AA's T&Cs for mistake fares.

The Screenshot twitter quoted the fare price of 800 usd in first to mex/cun!!! It's a sale and not a full fare first. Now you could say any fare that isn't full fare could be a mistake :/ this clearly was confirmed by BA as a very good deal! Also If AA honour the same tickets so should BA, it's disgusting! If you are worried about share holders never ever by any sale item in a store again!!

If I walk into a shop and see an item for 10 euros and the employee at the shops confirms by saying "we have really good deals in here" and you go to checkout and pay the 10 euros and walk out the shop, they couldn't just stop you on the street take away the item and say this wasn't the right price, it's now 10 times more! This is pathetic!!

Like I said before complain to the DOT, to BA ...
All the rest who seem to be nah whatever, if the airline can just cancel your flight this easily by sending a mass email - what's to say they won't do the same with any other good deals that you found?

And again this was NOT an obvious pricing error in my opinion 1. Confirmed by BA through social media 2. AA confirmed its valid to travel 3. Some customers have already travelled
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:16 am

Flipper747, are you serious?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.