Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
My reply seems to have disappeared.

When I had the guinea fowl it was very dry and tasteless. The accompanying vegetables were OK but the presentation of mine looked nothing like Moomba's picture. It was more F meets school dinners.

I was very disappointed with the food on this flight altogether. The menu was the same as JustTheOne posted above.

The asparagus starter was not available so I had the red mullet - very fishy and unpleasant.

I finished with the cheese plate and they all tasted of the camembert - this was the first time ever that I haven't finished a cheese course, anywhere.

The salad was fine.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hi All, I have 2 questions
1. I have had the beef twice and both times it was overcooked and tough so it probably won't be 3rd time lucky, I like it medium rare so that was probably wishful thinking in the first place, had anyone had the Thai chicken and if so what is it like?

Starters

Deconstructed prawn cocktail and pink grapefruit salad
Baked asparagus and parmesan frittata with chive crème fraîche
Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette
Main

Pan seared British fillet steak with a Madeira tarragon jus and lemon truffle butter
Roasted red Thai chicken breast with coriander jasmine rice and sautéed pak choi
Dolcelatte and walnut tortellini with wild mushroom cream sauce
Spring onion , mustard and balsamic pearl barley salad with lemon and herb marinated salmon
Dessert

Strawberries with cream
Selection of Cheeses Butler Secret, Cooleeney and Cropwell Bishop
A selection of fruit

2. I'm within the window of 30 days to pre-order the return (CUN-LGW) but it doesn't seem to have this option, is the pre-order only for flights leaving the UK?
Old May 29, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by RevMark
Starter
Potato and tomato salad with harissa raita

Main
Paneer tawa masala jeera pulao and tadka dal (Paneer cheese cooked in a combination of sweet and tangy flavours with a creamy textured sauce, served with cumin rice and lentils)

Pressed shoulder of British lamb with sauté potato and Portobello mushroom, roast tomato and béarnaise sauce

Dessert
Chocolate Pot
What did you go for? I've got the same meal on the same flight next week.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
The are some other routes eligible for the service: BEY, CAI, BAK, TLV and AMM in case the Wiki can be updated.

Last edited by Innocent Abroad; May 30, 2016 at 5:05 am
Old May 30, 2016, 2:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Andi28
2. I'm within the window of 30 days to pre-order the return (CUN-LGW) but it doesn't seem to have this option, is the pre-order only for flights leaving the UK?
Yes, in your case the catering for Cancun to the UK is provided for in Mexico, so pre-order doesn't work. It easier to do from London when there are only a limited number of providers.

If you enjoy beef which isn't incinerated then you best avoid it. BA can do medium rare, but it is so hit and miss that if pre-ordering I would go for the chicken. The alternative is not to pre-order and see if you can get good vibes from the cabin crew onboard about how they will do this for you. Having said that, being on the older 777 from LGW would not give me much confidence of success.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VFC Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, DYKWIA
Post LHR-SFO June in CW

Starters
Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon with horseradish cream and lemon biscotti
Tomato mozzarella and avocado with tomato sponge and basil dressing

Salad

Main
Seared fillet of British beef with dauphinoise potatoes, fine beans, chantenay carrots and peppercorn cream sauce
Roast corn fed chicken lemon crushed potato with summer vegetables and wholegrain mustard jus
Thai vegetable curry with steamed Asian rice
Chilled main course salad of seared garlic and parsley prawns with a fennel and mint coleslaw and lemon and fennel seed aioli dressing

Dessert
Passion fruit and pistachio tart with raspberry compote
West country brie and Dorset cheddar wedge served with quince jelly and biscuits
A selection of fruit

Last edited by richi; May 30, 2016 at 4:23 am Reason: Missed the class
Old May 30, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by richi
Starters
Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon with horseradish cream and lemon biscotti
Tomato mozzarella and avocado with tomato sponge and basil dressing

Salad

Main
Seared fillet of British beef with dauphinoise potatoes, fine beans, chantenay carrots and peppercorn cream sauce
Roast corn fed chicken lemon crushed potato with summer vegetables and wholegrain mustard jus
Thai vegetable curry with steamed Asian rice
Chilled main course salad of seared garlic and parsley prawns with a fennel and mint coleslaw and lemon and fennel seed aioli dressing

Dessert
Passion fruit and pistachio tart with raspberry compote
West country brie and Dorset cheddar wedge served with quince jelly and biscuits
A selection of fruit
I think I would go for the beef, I know a lot of people say if you like your beef medium then go for the chicken but on my last F flight I did just that and the chicken was tasteless.
Attached Images  
Old May 30, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
LHR-BOS F June

Starters
• Cold poached lobster marinated in lemon with heritage carrot, buttermilk gel and ginger crumble
• Heirloom tomatoes shepherds purse fettle cheese with tomato marshmallow, basil cake and white balsamic pearls
• White asparagus soup with shaved asparagus and spring onion salad
• Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil with aged balsamic or honey mustard dressing
Main
• Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, smoked beef cheek, pomme mousseline, mushroom ragout and heritage carrots with bordelaise sauce
• Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise
• Beef burger with streaky bacon, monterey jack cheese, barbeque sauce, coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
• Orecchiette pasta with pea, mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes
• Seared Thai spiced tuna orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, epaulette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot
Desserts
• Passion fruit and mango tart
• Chocolate and macadamia brownie
• Madagascan vanilla ice cream
Cheese Plate
• Cornish Kern
• Harrogate Blue
• Quickes Red Leicester
• Normandy Camembert
Old May 30, 2016, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Rubecula
LHR-BOS F June

Starters
• Cold poached lobster marinated in lemon with heritage carrot, buttermilk gel and ginger crumble
• Heirloom tomatoes shepherds purse fettle cheese with tomato marshmallow, basil cake and white balsamic pearls
• Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil with aged balsamic or honey mustard dressing
Main
• Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, smoked beef cheek, pomme mousseline, mushroom ragout and heritage carrots with bordelaise sauce
• Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise
• Beef burger with streaky bacon, monterey jack cheese, barbeque sauce, coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
• Orecchiette pasta with pea, mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes
• Seared Thai spiced tuna orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, epaulette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot
Desserts
Cheese Plate
• Cornish Kern
• Harrogate Blue
• Quickes Red Leicester
• Normandy Camembert
Same menu on my LHR-LAX. I have pre-ordered the Sea Bass.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Same menu on my LHR-LAX. I have pre-ordered the Sea Bass.
Probably will not pre-order. It will be either the sea bass or tuna for me. Will try to have the soup rather than sandwiches for the snack prior to landing.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Make sure you tell the crew you want soup later, it won't be a problem but let's just say the soup is popular.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Rubecula
LHR-BOS F June

Starters
Main
Desserts
Cheese Plate
• Cornish Kern
• Harrogate Blue
• Quickes Red Leicester
• Normandy Camembert
This is such a nice menu!

This is F to JFK next month. Not that inspiring or appealing. If anyone tried anything, I'd appreciate a recommendation.

Starters

Seared fresh tuna tataki on dressed wakame salad, served with Jalapeno, ginger and coriander
Glazed goats cheese and tomato tartelette, drizzled with balsamic olive oil
Wild mushroom consomme served with mushroom soufflé and chives
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of creamy miso marinade or red wine vinaigrette dressing

Main

Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with truffle tagliarini, rosemary jus, grilled asparagus and baby carrot
Grilled wild sea bass with warm sauce tartar, potato and parmesan mousseline and slow roasted vine on cherry tomatoes
Slow braised Wiltshire pork belly with creamed potato, broccoli and seasonal vegetables with thyme jus
Casserecce pasta tossed in a fresh pea and mint sauce, finished with oven roasted cherry tomatoes
Buttermilk marinated corn fed breast of chicken with taleggio wrapped parma ham, honey glazed fig wedges, Mediterranean lentil salad and basil vinaigrette
Desserts

Nougat cream with mango gel and praline pearls
Warm blackberry and vanilla clafoutis with sauce anglaise
Vanilla ice cream
Cheese Board

Shropshire blue
Barber's 1833 vintage cheddar
Normandy Brie
Old May 30, 2016, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Make sure you tell the crew you want soup later, it won't be a problem but let's just say the soup is popular.
Thanks. I am planning to discuss the possibility when ordering my main meal.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by onescoop
What did you go for? I've got the same meal on the same flight next week.
I had a pressed lamb shoulder dish on a flight to MAA in March. It smelled really bad and I really didnt like it. I am aware lamb does tend to smell more than most other meats, but this was so bad I couldn't eat more than a few bites.
Old May 31, 2016, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That lamb dish was a favourite of mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.