Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jkenn
Any opinions on the chicken tikka masala?
My mom had it yesterday, and thought it was excellent.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Any options on the Thai tuna salad? I might end up trying to order a rare steak though.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:45 am

Please could someone let me know whether this service is offered from LCY (to JFK) yet? Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by jasperflyer
Please could someone let me know whether this service is offered from LCY (to JFK) yet? Thanks.
No it is not but you are able to request the menu to view around 2 weeks before departure by email to the CWLCY team.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Calum
No it is not but you are able to request the menu to view around 2 weeks before departure by email to the CWLCY team.
Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:00 am

LHR-JFK August

Starters

Loch fyne smoked salmon with chive and freshly grated horseradish crème fraiche, caperberries and peashoots
Steamed asparagus spears with black truffle mascarpone and finely chopped egg vinaigrette
Cream of pea and mint soup
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of thyme, honey and mustard dressing or balsamic olive oil

Main

Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with green peppercorn butter, pont neuf potatoes, sautéed king oyster mushrooms, seared asparagus and vine on tomatoes
Grilled medley of fish featuring Dover sole, salmon fillet and King prawns, served with saffron pilau and baby vegetables tossed in parsley butter
Duchy originals pork sausages with potato puree, seasonal vegetables and caramelised red onion jus
Fresh mozzarella ravioli bound with slow roasted tomato ragu, finished with fried basil and parmesan
Main course salad featuring duck confit, golden and ruby beets, seared asparagus spears, red chard leaves and served with a Dijon cream dressing

Desserts

Homemade almond sponge with fresh strawberries, mascarpone cream and summer berries
Warm pistachio sponge pudding with sour cherry compote and vanilla anglaise
Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board

Coulommier
Double Gloucester
Cropwell Bishop Stilton
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
That's a return of the May menu! Had the asparagus and grilled fish which were both fine if not altogether memorable.

My LHR-EWR also in August sees a return of the June menu with the seabass with crab and compressed watermelon. Have they shortened menu rotations or something? It is a bit disappointing for those of us who travel frequently and might like a bit of variety!

Originally Posted by BABoy84
Starters

Loch fyne smoked salmon with chive and freshly grated horseradish crème fraiche, caperberries and peashoots
Steamed asparagus spears with black truffle mascarpone and finely chopped egg vinaigrette
Cream of pea and mint soup
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of thyme, honey and mustard dressing or balsamic olive oil

Main

Seared fillet of Herefordshire beef with green peppercorn butter, pont neuf potatoes, sautéed king oyster mushrooms, seared asparagus and vine on tomatoes
Grilled medley of fish featuring Dover sole, salmon fillet and King prawns, served with saffron pilau and baby vegetables tossed in parsley butter
Duchy originals pork sausages with potato puree, seasonal vegetables and caramelised red onion jus
Fresh mozzarella ravioli bound with slow roasted tomato ragu, finished with fried basil and parmesan
Main course salad featuring duck confit, golden and ruby beets, seared asparagus spears, red chard leaves and served with a Dijon cream dressing

Desserts

Homemade almond sponge with fresh strawberries, mascarpone cream and summer berries
Warm pistachio sponge pudding with sour cherry compote and vanilla anglaise
Vanilla ice cream

Cheese Board

Coulommier
Double Gloucester
Cropwell Bishop Stilton
Old Aug 1, 2016, 3:15 am

LHR - NRT (CW) August

Starters

A selection of Japanese appetisers featuring: Grilled scallop, grilled sansho pepper chicken skewer, with prawn sushi and simmered gourd melon
Tomato mozzarella and avocado with tomato sponge and basil dressing
Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

Seared fillet of British beef with dauphinoise potatoes, fine beans, chantenay carrots and peppercorn cream sauce
Baked salmon with mizore sauce
Japanese vegetable curry with steamed Uonuma Koshihikari rice
Chilled main course salad of seared garlic and parsley prawns with a fennel and mint coleslaw and lemon and fennel seed aioli dressing

Dessert

Strawberry and mascarpone cremeux torte with strawberry compote
Barbers cheddar and Cotswold brie served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
A selection of fresh whole fruit
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by orbitmic
That's a return of the May menu! Had the asparagus and grilled fish which were both fine if not altogether memorable.
Ah ha! A rerun of the May menu, when asparagus was rather more in season, could explain the three separate appearances on the menu...

I was just looking at this menu for an upcoming flight, and was leaning towards exactly your selection. Given the not exactly overwhelming endorsement of that choice, I may take another look
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
No pre-order from GTW???

Flying GTW to JFK on August 17. Doesn't seem to be any way of pre ordering. Is the menu totally different or are pax flying from GTW (CW) second class citizens compared to those from LHR at the same price?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:31 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by dwugson
No pre-order from GTW???

Flying GTW to JFK on August 17. Doesn't seem to be any way of pre ordering. Is the menu totally different or are pax flying from GTW (CW) second class citizens compared to those from LHR at the same price?
The BA website says that you should be able to select on the LGW-JFK route:

London Gatwick to:

Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Costa Rica, Grenada*, JFK New York, Kingston, Lima, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Kitts*, Saint Lucia, Tampa, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos*

* Current Exceptions for Premium Pre-Order LGW

However, on a previous flight I noticed that the order in advance facility did not appear in MMB until a couple of weeks later than they said it would (my flight was July 1, the facility probably appeared mid-June). So it might just not be uploaded yet.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by raikje
Ah ha! A rerun of the May menu, when asparagus was rather more in season, could explain the three separate appearances on the menu...

I was just looking at this menu for an upcoming flight, and was leaning towards exactly your selection. Given the not exactly overwhelming endorsement of that choice, I may take another look
Agree on the asparagus! To clarify I'd probably choose the same things again.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by Ziz
The BA website says that you should be able to select on the LGW-JFK route:

London Gatwick to:

Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Costa Rica, Grenada*, JFK New York, Kingston, Lima, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Kitts*, Saint Lucia, Tampa, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos*

* Current Exceptions for Premium Pre-Order LGW

However, on a previous flight I noticed that the order in advance facility did not appear in MMB until a couple of weeks later than they said it would (my flight was July 1, the facility probably appeared mid-June). So it might just not be uploaded yet.
Thanks, was surprised as my flight is on the 17th - shall check again in a few days.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-MIA F later this month

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, smoked beef cheek, pomme mousseline, mushroom ragout and heritage carrots with bordelaise sauce

Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise

Beef burger with streaky bacon, monterey jack cheese, barbeque sauce, coleslaw and spicy potato wedges

Orecchiette pasta with pea, mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes

Seared Thai spiced tuna orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, espelette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot

Any tips on this? I'm thinking the sea bass, and asking to hold back a burger in place of afternoon tea !
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
The sea bass was on the JFK menu this month and was superb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.