Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LOUDNOISES
T
Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise
Has anyone tried the sea bass? I'm leaning towards that one on my LHR-ORD flight in July.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Hilde, I had the sea bass recently (LHR-KUL I seem to recall) and thoroughly enjoyed it. My partner decided to have the dish last Friday (LHR-IAD) and it was awful with one of the two fillets grossly overdone and dried out. Doc Copper
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Hilde, I had the sea bass recently (LHR-KUL I seem to recall) and thoroughly enjoyed it. My partner decided to have the dish last Friday (LHR-IAD) and it was awful with one of the two fillets grossly overdone and dried out. Doc Copper
Thanks for your input, DoctorCopper!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
I had it on sunday evenings BA15 (LHR-SIN) and whilst not gross it was a bit dry!

Not as nice as the sea bass I had on last weeks BA28 (HKG-LHR) which was lovely! Or it might be been Bream?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
LHR-JNB July 2016 in F:

Starters
  • Severn and Wye smoked salmon cannelloni with lemon purée, cucumber, verjus and marinated beetroot
  • Heirloom tomatoes shepherds purse fettle cheese with tomato marshmallow, basil cake and white balsamic pearls
  • White asparagus soup with shaved asparagus and spring onion salad
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of honey mustard or Caesar dressing

Main
  • Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, smoked beef cheek, pomme mousseline, mushroom ragout and heritage carrots with bordelaise sauce
  • Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise
  • Beef burger with streaky bacon, Monterey jack cheese, barbeque sauce, coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
  • Orecchiette pasta with pea mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes
  • Seared Thai spiced tuna orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, espelette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot

Desserts
  • Chocolate marquise
  • Hedgerow berry financier
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate
  • Worcester White
  • Tomme De Savoie
  • Blacksticks Blue Premier Cru
  • Perl wen

Shame the lamb in many above menus has become beef - seems far harder to server that well on aircraft .
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Red, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat
BA33 London to Kuala Lumpur, Aug 2016, First

Starters

Severn and Wye smoked salmon cannelloni with lemon purée, cucumber, verjus and marinated beetroot
Heirloom tomatoes shepherds purse fettle cheese with tomato marshmallow, basil cake and white balsamic pearls
White asparagus soup with shaved asparagus and spring onion salad
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette or blue cheese dressing

Main

Chicken in ginger and soy sauce, broccoli and enoki mushrooms in garlic sauce with steamed rice
Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, smoked beef cheek, pomme mousseline, mushroom ragout and heritage carrots with bordelaise sauce
Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise
Orecchiette pasta with pea, mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes
Seared Thai spiced tuna orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, espelette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot

Desserts

Lemon and raspberry slice
Chocolate salted caramel pudding
Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

Oxford Blue
Old Amsterdam
Ducketts Caerphilly
Somerset Camembert
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:05 pm

I am in CW on this coming Tuesday on an IAD-LHR flight; as well as the return a few days later. Is there a reason that I can not see any selections yet? When I click book your on board meal it still just lists special meals.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by chobby100
I am in CW on this coming Tuesday on an IAD-LHR flight. Is there a reason that I can not see any selections yet? When I click book your on board meal it still just lists special meals.
Pre-order is only available for flights departing London.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by pacenotes
Whats the story with all the asparagus dishes it went out of season months ago?!
Actually in northern climates the asparagus season started in May and peaked in June, and there are still some although very much the end of it! Even in France, Spain, etc they started a bit late this year, more April than March which is more usual.

Had the Seabass with dressed crab too, it was good although not excellent. I'd probably have it again.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Pre-order is only available for flights departing London.
Fair enough but I am now 9 days out from LHR departure. Seems like many with flights much farther off are seeing availability.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by chobby100
Fair enough but I am now 9 days out from LHR departure. Seems like many with flights much farther off are seeing availability.
Are you saying that you can't see the pre-order choices in the box for your LHR-IAD flight either?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Actually in northern climates the asparagus season started in May and peaked in June, and there are still some although very much the end of it! Even in France, Spain, etc they started a bit late this year, more April than March which is more usual.

Had the Seabass with dressed crab too, it was good although not excellent. I'd probably have it again.
They ran out on my flight So I went with the steak but a rare steak was given.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Are you saying that you can't see the pre-order choices in the box for your LHR-IAD flight either?
yes, that is the case. Kind of odd ...
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:58 pm

Any opinions on the chicken tikka masala?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

BA31 LHR-HKG Club World July 2016

DINNER
STARTERS
Severn and Wye Scottish Salmon with horseradish cream and lemon biscotti
Tomato, mozzarella and avocado with tomato sponge and basil dressing

SALAD
Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

MAIN
Seared fillet of British beef with dauphinoise potatoes, fine beans, chantenay carrots and peppercorn cream sauce;
Broiled port belly with taro, fried Chinese greens with garlic sauce and steamed rice;
Classic macaroni and cheese with cauliflower and smoked sun-dried tomatoes;
Chilled main course salad of seared garlic and parsley prawns with a fennel and mint coleslaw and lemon and fennel seed aïoli dressing

DESSERT
Chilled chocolate fondant with orange confit;
Stilton and Somerset Camembert cheese served with fig relish and biscuits

BREAKFAST
STARTERS
Chilled fruit juice or an energising fruit smoothie of buttermilk, fruit and oats;
Fresh fruit;
Mixed berry granola with natural yoghurt and rhubarb compote

BAKERY
A selection of warm breads and breakfast pastries

MAIN
Traditional English breakfast of scrambled eggs, Suffolk sweet cured bacon, free-range Cumberland pork sausage, tomato and hash brown potatoes;
Beef congee;
Continental breakfast featuring Wiltshire ham, Milano salami, sliced speck, Gruyère and Cornish Yarg cheese;
Hot-smoked salmon with asparagus, scrambled egg muffin and Hollandaise sauce

BA32 HKG-LHR Club World July 2016

DINNER
STARTERS
Crab, cucumber and chilli timbale with fennel salad;
Spiced aubergine with mushroom and rock melon

SALAD
Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

MAIN
Grilled fillet of grass-fed New Zealand beef with Port wine sauce, parsnip au gratin and a sautéed vegetable medley;
Pan-seared fillet of Scottish salmon with sorrel sauce, steamed basmati rice and wilted spinach;
Fusilli pasta with pesto sauce, char-grilled artichoke and rocket salad;
Chilled main course quinoa, cranberry and edamame salad with grilled king prawns and a lemon dressing

DESSERT
Tiramisu-style cake with a coffee and Kahlua sauce;
Minolette and Camembert cheese with dried fruit chutney and crackers ;
A selection of whole fruit

BREAKFAST
STARTERS
Chilled fruit juice or an energising fruit smoothie of raspberry and mint;
Fresh fruit;
Muesli with blueberry and mint

BAKERY
A selection of warm breads and breakfast pastries

MAIN
English breakfast of scrambled egg, seared back bacon, grilled sausage, roasted tomato, grilled mushrooms and sautéed potatoes;
Gruyère omelette with bubble and squeak, cherry tomato and baked beans;
Continental breakfast featuring gammon ham, Black Forest ham, bresaola beef, Gruyère and Roquefort cheese;
Scrambled egg, Cheddar cheese and tomato on warm panini;

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.