Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
GTW to JFK August CW.

Starters
Tomato and mozzarella salad

Salad
Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main
Herb topped British beef fillet with bordalaise sauce
Roasted massaman chicken with khichdi rice
Red pepper and goats cheese tortellini with aritiatta sauce
Roasted new potato and grain mustard salad with herb marinated seared salmon

Dessert

Devonshire lemon curd and almond slice with orange compote
Selection of cheeses Comte extra, Prestige Kidderton ash and Shropshire blue
A selection of fruit
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Any tips on this? I'm thinking the sea bass, and asking to hold back a burger in place of afternoon tea !
I have the same question for the exact same menu. I was hoping this thread would include them.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
[I]

Any tips on this? I'm thinking the sea bass, and asking to hold back a burger in place of afternoon tea !
I had the sea bass recently and it was very good. Instead of tea I had the soup which suited my appetite, just ask when ordering your first meal.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE

Had the seabass on the way to Boston last week - found it inedible. Flight attendant offered to make me something else but decided to cut my losses.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I have the same question for the exact same menu. I was hoping this thread would include them.
I think the seabass will be good in the A380 ovens. Which flight you on Henky?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I think the seabass will be good in the A380 ovens. Which flight you on Henky?
A 747 to MIA...

(And I don't like coriander...)

It's either beef (and take a printout of the thread explaining how to properly prepare it....)
The bass... I normally like fish but somehow fish and BA never worked for me
Beef burger... Seems safe, so probably isn't.

Last edited by henkybaby; Aug 2, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, smoked beef cheek, pomme mousseline, mushroom ragout and heritage carrots with bordelaise sauce

Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise

Beef burger with streaky bacon, monterey jack cheese, barbeque sauce, coleslaw and spicy potato wedges

Orecchiette pasta with pea, mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes

Seared Thai spiced tuna orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, espelette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot

I had the tuna salad thing en route to Newark in June. It was pretty good. The starter was some kind of heirloom tomato salad (yawn, but likewise it was quite tasty too).
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, smoked beef cheek, pomme mousseline, mushroom ragout and heritage carrots with bordelaise sauce

Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise

Beef burger with streaky bacon, monterey jack cheese, barbeque sauce, coleslaw and spicy potato wedges

Orecchiette pasta with pea, mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes

Seared Thai spiced tuna orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, espelette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot

This was the SIN menu for July. The burger was rather pleasant, and filling.

Also note that 2 items that were usually found on the Bistro Menu are now masquerading as main course items of the Lunch Menu.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Red, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by chance88088
Had the seabass on the way to Boston last week - found it inedible. Flight attendant offered to make me something else but decided to cut my losses.
I was going to try the Sea Bass on the way to KUL later this month. Anyone think that it might have a fighting chance on the 787-9, do they have better cooking / re-heating facilities? If not I may opt to play the fillet steak lottery...
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:48 am

I had the steak going out to KUL on the 789 and it was the worst steak ever.

And yet... On the return flight, there was a small portion of steak on the full breakfast plate and it was perfect for me, medium rare!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BHDATC
The sea bass was on the JFK menu this month and was superb.
It wouldn't be the same one as JFK is catered by a different company (Do&co). Had it in June to LAX and it was good. I'm getting bothered by the repetition of BA F menus though. I've had this same menu on 3 different flights already. I thought they used to change monthly before??
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
I've done 4-5 F flights in July, pretty much the same menus in respective directions.

Sea Bass ex-LHR has always been thin and over cooked
Sea Bass ex-HKG has been thick fillet and really nice, had it twice and good both times

Hoping for something better when I leave HKG next week....
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:23 am

Has anybody had the chance of trying the dishes from the allegedly "special" selection to celebrate 80 years of the Hong Kong route (details here)?

I have an upcoming sector in F and due to my work schedule I know that (very sadly) I won't have time to eat anything all day and will arrive at the airport just in time to catch the flight. So, on board dinner it is. The selection is a little uninspiring:

• Broiled belly pork with taro, fried Chinese greens with garlic sauce and steamed rice
  • Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise
  • Cantonese chicken noodle soup with prawn wonton
  • Orecchiette pasta with pea, mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes
  • Seared Thai spiced tuna, orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, espelette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot

Any experiences with the above? [edit: I see there are some reports on the sea bass, but I am a little reluctant to eat such a delicate fish on a plane]
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dwugson
GTW to JFK August CW.

Starters

Salad

Main

Dessert

A selection of fruit
I have this same menu for my LGW to SJO in two weeks time, I was going to go for the chicken but might go for the beef after seeing a pic of it in megaloman 's trip report [LIVE] Weekend trip to Costa Rica in BA J & F
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by dwugson
GTW to JFK August CW.

Starters

Salad

Main

Dessert

A selection of fruit
Don't forget to complain about the lack of choice of starter !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.