Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:45 am

Also, what can you expect as a choice for a light snack on a west coast USA F trip
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond

In-flight menu

BA11 London to Singapore 19:05

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Seared scallops with cauliflower couscous and a pickled girolles salad
  • Croxton Manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Stir fried chicken with red peppers, pak choi with fried garlic and steamed rice
  • Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Roasted rump of lamb lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Desserts

• Rhubarb and almond dome
  • Warm dark chocolate and hazelnut brownie
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Blackstick Blue
  • Le Saint Mont
  • Cornish Yarg
  • Reblochon
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
It’s probably been asked before but I can’t find it...

Can you have both soup and a starter in F?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Gomac
It’s probably been asked before but I can’t find it...

Can you have both soup and a starter in F?
Yep!!! I do it every time
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Yep!!! I do it every time
Well I won’t feel greedy asking then, given other threads I’ve read today I just hope they load enough!
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You can order every course.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
You can order every course.
Are you saying one (I) can't order both a soup and a non-soup starter anymore My plan for my Monday dinner was the scallops followed by the soup (sans straws) before moving through main, dessert, and cheese. Yeah, I know, that's a lot of food, but a long drawn out dinner is one of the joys of BA F, and the soups never fail to please me.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Are you saying one (I) can't order both a soup and a non-soup starter anymore My plan for my Monday dinner was the scallops followed by the soup (sans straws) before moving through main, dessert, and cheese. Yeah, I know, that's a lot of food, but a long drawn out dinner is one of the joys of BA F, and the soups never fail to please me.
I think CIHY is actually suggesting that you could theoretically order more. I haven't seen many people do it (and soon this would bump against loading problems as BA doesn't overcater by much) but at any rate, I think that one of the two starters plus soup or salad is most definitely standard (and yes, followed by main, dessert, and cheese if you have the room).
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Starter, soup, salad, main, dessert and cheese.
LCSinTexas and Lucanesque like this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:48 pm

Phew! I was taking the courses as described in the menu literally. It’s a fairly full flight, so fingers crossed they’ll load enough food (said more than slightly tongue in cheek after reading some of the other threads today!)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Eaunoire
Also, what can you expect as a choice for a light snack on a west coast USA F trip
pretty sure we had a bacon buttie about an hour or so out from landing in SAN last month. That, or it was wishful thinking after more than a few glasses of LPGS!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Eaunoire
do you mean the second light meal? Or do you mean in between meals?

Second meal usually includes a starter, a choice of mains that often have one main course salad type, one sandwich type, one pasta type etc, and a dessert. It’s generally fine.

if you mean in between snacks, there is usually sliced fruit available (always melon, watermelon, pineapple despite being desdcribed as ‘seasonal’) or the crew will get you something from the CW club kitchen.

Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Is LAX moving to the new concept??

Paging CIHY here!

I did not think that LAX was due to switch on food yet, but my next CW to LAX very much seems to have the new catering concept (list of four starters including the salad and the soup, only three mains, multiple desserts including a hot one and fruits one actually wants to order, etc). Much of it actually sounds nice too, much nicer than my other trip to LAX a few days ago!! ^ ^ Full menu below:

Starters

• Crayfish salad with watercress pannacota, bergamot gel and purple potato salad
  • Rosary Ash goat cheese on a dark rye crouton, rhubarb chutney and candied walnuts
  • Wild mushroom soup with tarragon cream
  • Mixed leaves salad with butter beans, balsamic onion and radish salad served with your choice of raspberry dressing or honey and mustard dressing

Main

• Chicken tagine lemon and herb couscous, chargrilled courgette and Moroccan Sauce
  • Braised British short rib of beef with braised pearl barley, baby Leeks, chanterelle carrots and red wine and onion jus
  • Zitoni pasta in truffle cream sauce with piquillo peppers and roasted cauliflower florets

Dessert

• Caramelised orange tart with caramel sauce
  • Light and dark chocolate cherry delice with cherry coulis
  • Warm Chocolate and walnut brownie with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Bluberries and raspberries
  • Gillot Camembert Bleu D Auvergne & Cornish Yarg served with grapes, biscuits and apricot chutney
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can have a full meal or just a snack in First, it depends what you order.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Paging CIHY here!

I did not think that LAX was due to switch on food yet, but my next CW to LAX very much seems to have the new catering concept (list of four starters including the salad and the soup, only three mains, multiple desserts including a hot one and fruits one actually wants to order, etc). Much of it actually sounds nice too, much nicer than my other trip to LAX a few days ago!! ^ ^ Full menu below:

Starters

• Crayfish salad with watercress pannacota, bergamot gel and purple potato salad
  • Rosary Ash goat cheese on a dark rye crouton, rhubarb chutney and candied walnuts
  • Wild mushroom soup with tarragon cream
  • Mixed leaves salad with butter beans, balsamic onion and radish salad served with your choice of raspberry dressing or honey and mustard dressing

Main

• Chicken tagine lemon and herb couscous, chargrilled courgette and Moroccan Sauce
  • Braised British short rib of beef with braised pearl barley, baby Leeks, chanterelle carrots and red wine and onion jus
  • Zitoni pasta in truffle cream sauce with piquillo peppers and roasted cauliflower florets

Dessert

• Caramelised orange tart with caramel sauce
  • Light and dark chocolate cherry delice with cherry coulis
  • Warm Chocolate and walnut brownie with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Bluberries and raspberries
  • Gillot Camembert Bleu D Auvergne & Cornish Yarg served with grapes, biscuits and apricot chutney
I didn’t think a date for the LAX had been announced as per my post yesterday, this could be a mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.