Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Gomac
Is the menu on BA1 or BA3 always different from the usual JFK CW menu?
Yes - the meal make up is different in itself (you get a light starter on the leg to SNN, then the rest of the lunch on SNN-JFK) but they are more similar (but still not completely) now that Do&Co has taken over the LHR-JFK catering (e.g. also a hot pudding in J and an alternative to the sandwiches for the tea).
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Ziz
Main
Seared fillet of British beef with dauphinoise potatoes, fine beans, chantenay carrots and peppercorn cream sauce

Chicken tikka masala with dal makhani and jeera pilau rice

Classic macaroni cheese with cauliflower and smoked sun dried tomatoes

Chilled main course salad of seared garlic and parsley prawns with a fennel and mint coleslaw and lemon and fennel seed aioli dressing
I have the same options for main on my flight to MIA on July. Probably will go for the chicken tikka masala. Any experiences on this dish?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:34 am

BA249 (Rio) in F early July

Recommendations are welcome.

Starters

Severn and Wye smoked salmon cannelloni with lemon purée, cucumber, verjus and marinated beetroot
Heirloom tomatoes shepherds purse fettle cheese with tomato marshmallow, basil cake and white balsamic pearls
White asparagus soup with shaved asparagus and spring onion salad
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of honey mustard or Caesar dressing

Main
Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, smoked beef cheek, pomme mousseline, mushroom ragout and heritage carrots with bordelaise sauce
Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise
Beef burger with streaky bacon, Monterey jack cheese, barbeque sauce, coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
Orecchiette pasta with pea mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes
Seared Thai spiced tuna orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, espelette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot

Desserts
Chocolate marquise
Hedgerow berry financier
Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate
Worcester White
Tomme De Savoie
Blacksticks Blue Premier Cru
Perl wen
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
BA95 Montreal July 2016

At last the menu is available! Same as some of those above...

Has anyone had the mozzarella and avocado starter? If so, is the basil dressing already on the food, or is it in a container?

Starters

Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon with horseradish cream and lemon biscotti
Tomato mozzarella and avocado with tomato sponge and basil dressing
Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette
Main

Seared fillet of British beef with dauphinoise potatoes, fine beans, chantenay carrots and peppercorn cream sauce
Chicken tikka masala with dal makhani and jeera pilau rice
Classic macaroni cheese with cauliflower and smoked sun dried tomatoes
Chilled main course salad of seared garlic and parsley prawns with a fennel and mint coleslaw and lemon and fennel seed aioli dressing
Dessert

Chilled chocolate fondant with orange confit
Stilton and Somerset Camembert wedge served with fig relish and biscuits
A selection of fruit
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
BA 0215 LHR - BOS F

Starters

Severn and Wye smoked salmon cannelloni with lemon puree, cucumber, verjus and marinated beetroot
Heirloom tomatoes shepherds purse fettle cheese with tomato marshmallow, basil cake and white balsamic pearls
Main

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, smoked beef cheek, pomme mousseline, mushroom ragout and heritage carrots with bordelaise sauce
Pan fried sea bass dressed crab, compressed watermelon, asparagus purée with comfit potato and citrus hollandaise
Beef burger with streaky bacon, monterey jack cheese, barbeque sauce, coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
Orecchiette pasta with pea, mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes
Seared Thai spiced tuna orange and coriander salad with hot roasted spiced kernels, espelette pepper dressing and a gazpacho shot
Desserts

Chocolate marquise
Hedgerow berry financier

Cheese Plate

Worcester White
Tomme de Savoie
Perl wen

Any recommendations?

Smoked salmon sounds good for starter. I like rare steak so maybe best I go for the sea bass, How much crab does it come with?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
At last the menu is available! Same as some of those above...

Has anyone had the mozzarella and avocado starter? If so, is the basil dressing already on the food, or is it in a container?
I had it, and the dressing was already on it. It was pretty good, although the sponge was kind of soggy.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
Very quick query. Just landed on BA287 LHR-SFO, pre ordered my meal a few days ago and selected the Thai curry (which was delicious by the way). Got the confirmation email before the flight after I'd ordered the meal. Onboard I was still asked what I wanted for dinner. As I ordered it I said I'd have the Thai curry. Just wondering if I had changed my mind and asked for another option would the crew have said that I had pre-ordered. If so why ask what would I like to eat? I thought they just bring me the curry. Not complaining as it was a really good crew. One of the crew queried my midlands accent and actually guessed the small town I lived in correctly as she used to live there herself!

My only gripe with the food was breakfast. I asked for the pasta, they were all out. The remaining choice was a salmon dish or a tuna toastie (I dont eat fish).

Bri
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by Steph G.
I had it, and the dressing was already on it. It was pretty good, although the sponge was kind of soggy.
Thanks! My partner can't eat basil so she'll steer clear!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pacenotes
BA 0215 LHR - BOS F

Any recommendations?

Smoked salmon sounds good for starter. I like rare steak so maybe best I go for the sea bass, How much crab does it come with?
On the way to Newark I had the tomato salad, soup, and tuna salad. They were all pretty good.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: Gold Actually
Originally Posted by hanmer

My only gripe with the food was breakfast. I asked for the pasta, they were all out. The remaining choice was a salmon dish or a tuna toastie (I dont eat fish).

Bri
don't get me started on the 'fish/seafood' issue!! why oh why is this not on the 'I don't eat' list I will never know.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:05 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Castle25
don't get me started on the 'fish/seafood' issue!! why oh why is this not on the 'I don't eat' list I will never know.
Indeed. It is a fairly common food dislike/allergy. It becomes particularly annoying on CE flights when you don't know what the meal will be but have to order vegetarian just in case it's king prawn something or other.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ziz
Indeed. It is a fairly common food dislike/allergy. It becomes particularly annoying on CE flights when you don't know what the meal will be but have to order vegetarian just in case it's king prawn something or other.
Start a campaign to turn fish into a a deity. Have success in that, and BA will be forced to provide special catering. May cod be with you.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
This is the menu on my upcoming BGI flight in CW. Seems they've lost some of their commonly used adjectives when describing the food options!

Starters

Mediterranean seafood salad with coriander pesto
Tomato & mozzarella salad
Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette
Main

Herb topped British beef fillet with bordalaise sauce
Roasted massaman chicken with khichdi rice
Red pepper and goats cheese tortellini with aritiatta sauce
Roasted new potato and grain mustard salad with herb marinated seared salmon fingers
Dessert

Flourless chocolate and orange cake with crème anglaise
Selection of cheeses Comte extra, Prestige Kidderton ash & Shropshire blue
A selection of fruit
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I had a crab salad on a bed of chopped cucumber as a starter for lunch (2nd meal) on BA285 yesterday. It was surprisingly delicious.

I can't comment about dinner (didn't have it) or the main dish for lunch (didn't order it).

As for lamb, I am an American who ate lamb for the first time in my twenties. I love lamb and eat it 2-3 times a week now. My sister, who also was exposed to lamb in her twenties, can't stand the smell of lamb.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:06 am

BA185 LHR-EWR JULY

STARTERS
Severn and Wye smoked salmon cannelloni with lemon puree, cucumber, verjus and marinated beetroot

MAIN
Beef burger with streaky bacon, monterey jack cheese, barbeque sauce, coleslaw and spicy potato wedges
Orecchiette pasta with pea, mange tout, tomato fricassee with a parmesan crisp and semi dried tomatoes

DESSERT
Chocolate marquise
Hedgerow berry financier

CHEESE PLATE
Worcester White
Tomme de Savoie
Perl wen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.