Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: Baec, hh , ihg
I also have to choose for my other half who has no idea we are going. Beef would be his choice providing it's not incredibly tough. I'll order haddock and beef and then he can choose. We are in row 20 no status so If they run out we will be the runt of the litter lol
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rjh090384
I also have to choose for my other half who has no idea we are going. Beef would be his choice providing it's not incredibly tough. I'll order haddock and beef and then he can choose. We are in row 20 no status so If they run out we will be the runt of the litter lol
Most people do get their first choice, although it is a bit of a gamble, you could order one main to guarantee one fish dish and then let your other half order his choice on board (and always swap with him if needs be)
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: Baec, hh , ihg
Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum,AS MVP
BA273 LHR-SAN CW March 8

Starters

Seared cracked black pepper prawns with carrot, black bean and sweetcorn cajun salad and red pepper coulis
Hazelnut and herb crusted Fivemiletown goat's cheese with celeriac, kohlrabi, rosemary compressed apple and pomegranate and anise dressing

Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

Seared British beef fillet with roast new potatoes, onion soubise, carrots, buttered cabbage and bourguignonne sauce
Roasted sustainably sourced North Atlantic cod with pea fricassée, crushed lemon scented potato, courgettes, spinach and confit tomato
Creamy wild mushroom, Barbers cheddar and tarragon orecchiette pasta
Chilled main course salad of roast chicken with lardons, Caesar salad and Caesar dressing

Dessert

Chocolate and orange tart with orange compote
Stilton and Somerset Camembert wedge served with fig relish and biscuits
A selection of fruit

Seems I have the same menu every time fly this route. I normally go for the beef. Anyone tried it in this variation? How about the cod?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes, for now.
Absolutely.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:26 am

Asked You First for a copy of my menu on the A380 to SFO in March so I could have a look at the tasting menu (I know I know, spoiling the surprise). The problem is what they sent over bears no relation to the choices in MMB, instead it has the same selection as the March East Coast menu but with the Tasting Menu and the second West Coast meal so it must be right.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Gomac
Asked You First for a copy of my menu on the A380 to SFO in March so I could have a look at the tasting menu (I know I know, spoiling the surprise). The problem is what they sent over bears no relation to the choices in MMB, instead it has the same selection as the March East Coast menu but with the Tasting Menu and the second West Coast meal so it must be right.
Are you not going to share the menu? ^
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are you not going to share the menu? ^
Haha, of course... See attached
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
BA287B.pdf (187.6 KB, 225 views)
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:57 am

Haha, of course... See attached
However this is the menu in MMB:

Menu for SFO in F on A380 in March

Think I will go for either the chicken (which sounds quite nice actually) or the tasting menu (depending on what it is... I am not a big fish lover and there tends to be a lot of fish on the tasting menus I have seen).

Starters

Seared scallops with jasmine tea and mango gel, pea purée and asparagus salad
Fivemiletown goats cheese beignet with pea velouté and sesame soil
Cep veloute soup
Fresh seasonal salad with a honey mustard dressing

Main

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with roasted shallot purée, herb polenta cakes, tenderstem broccoli, truffle and red wine jus
Seared fillet of North Atlantic cod and a sorrel cream sauce with chervil and lemon couscous, braised fennel and herb oil
Corn fed chicken breast with chicken crackling, pickled rhubarb, wilted chard, buttered Jersey Royal potatoes and chicken jus
Main course salad of smoked tuna nicoise, black olive dressing and quails egg

Desserts

Caramelised apple parfait with salted pecan nuts and caramel sauce
Lemon and semolina sponge pudding with lemon sauce
Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

Oxford Blue
Old Amsterdam
Ducketts Caerphilly
Somerset Camembert
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: Gold Actually
Think I will go for either the chicken (which sounds quite nice actually) or the tasting menu (depending on what it is... I am not a big fish lover and there tends to be a lot of fish on the tasting menus I have seen).
have to agree - why do they put so much fish/seafood on the bistro menu? can they not do veggie or meat only versions?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Castle25
have to agree - why do they put so much fish/seafood on the bistro menu? can they not do veggie or meat only versions?
Yes, its not just the tasting menu, I find a lot of the menus in F and CW very fishy!! I suppose fish works quite well on a plane though.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The midhauls now allow pre-ordering (and have been for some time).
Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
However this is the menu in MMB:

Menu for SFO in F on A380 in March

Starters

Seared scallops with jasmine tea and mango gel, pea purée and asparagus salad
Fivemiletown goats cheese beignet with pea velouté and sesame soil
Cep veloute soup
Fresh seasonal salad with a honey mustard dressing

Main

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with roasted shallot purée, herb polenta cakes, tenderstem broccoli, truffle and red wine jus
Seared fillet of North Atlantic cod and a sorrel cream sauce with chervil and lemon couscous, braised fennel and herb oil
Corn fed chicken breast with chicken crackling, pickled rhubarb, wilted chard, buttered Jersey Royal potatoes and chicken jus
Main course salad of smoked tuna nicoise, black olive dressing and quails egg

Desserts

Caramelised apple parfait with salted pecan nuts and caramel sauce
Lemon and semolina sponge pudding with lemon sauce
Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

Oxford Blue
Old Amsterdam
Ducketts Caerphilly
Somerset Camembert
Same menu for LHR - JNB in April....
Old Mar 11, 2016, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by stu1985
Same menu for LHR - JNB in April....
In that case I think You First might have sent me last month's menu?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
In that case I think You First might have sent me last month's menu?
i had that with a wine list in December. A mate of mine is a buyer at the wine merchants that supply BA. he sent me through a list, which was different from the one I got from You First. It turns out they sent me the one for November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.