Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:29 pm
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Has anyone tried the egg noodles in coconut broth?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Thanks for information, the Christmas turkey will be in the normal rectangle dish and not on the square plate.
The First turkey will be plated individually.
Great thanks!! Out of curiosity, is it delivered to the crew in the same way for the CW and F version and the only difference is that they plate it element by element in F, or is the dish description the same but the dish that the crew receives actually different despite the common description?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The food in First comes with all elements loaded separately allowing the crew to present it in a restaurant style.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The food in First comes with all elements loaded separately allowing the crew to present it in a restaurant style.
Thanks again! ^
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:01 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by chance88088
I think this is only offered for flights where you can eat in the lounge first - meant as a quick sweet before bed.
2 Years ago, they offered a full Bistro selection on this flight in F. Now they just offer hot chocolate.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
LHR-ORD 13th Jan. BA297 CW

Starters

Smoked Shetland salmon tartare with dill cream cheese and a pickled cucumber and radish salad
Kohlrabi salad with Cashel Blue, pickled walnut, chestnut crumble and apple gel
Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

Seared fillet of British beef with parsnip and potato gratin, roasted squash, Savoy cabbage and wholegrain mustard jus
Roast corn fed chicken with dauphinoise potato, caramelised carrots, chicken and apricot stuffing and onion marmalade jus
Conchiglie pasta with black olive, basil and tomato sauce, rocket and bocconcini
Chilled main course salad of sea trout, winter slaw with fried rosemary, olives, roasted seeds and a spiced orange dressing

Dessert

Blackcurrant cream slice
West country brie and Dorset cheddar wedge served with quince jelly and biscuits
A selection of fruit

------

It's either chicken or the pasta dish for me. I'm confused as of now.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krysler
LHR-ORD 13th Jan. BA297 CW

Starters

Smoked Shetland salmon tartare with dill cream cheese and a pickled cucumber and radish salad
Kohlrabi salad with Cashel Blue, pickled walnut, chestnut crumble and apple gel
Salad

Main

Seared fillet of British beef with parsnip and potato gratin, roasted squash, Savoy cabbage and wholegrain mustard jus
Roast corn fed chicken with dauphinoise potato, caramelised carrots, chicken and apricot stuffing and onion marmalade jus
Conchiglie pasta with black olive, basil and tomato sauce, rocket and bocconcini
Chilled main course salad of sea trout, winter slaw with fried rosemary, olives, roasted seeds and a spiced orange dressing

Dessert

Blackcurrant cream slice
West country brie and Dorset cheddar wedge served with quince jelly and biscuits
A selection of fruit

------

It's either chicken or the pasta dish for me. I'm confused as of now.
I'd probably go chicken or main course salad myself.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Out of curiosity, where do you search to find the full menu? I'm flying LHR-SFO CW on Dec 24, and I'd like to know the full menu on my flight as I'm allergic to certain food items.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'd probably go chicken or main course salad myself.

Yeah I have selected chicken right now.

I had a bad experience on my last CX flight from HKG-ORD and i had to make-do with the pasta. It was one of the most horrible meals i have had in J in one of the best J-cabins in the industry.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LH4116
Out of curiosity, where do you search to find the full menu? I'm flying LHR-SFO CW on Dec 24, and I'd like to know the full menu on my flight as I'm allergic to certain food items.
In MMB, go to the panel for the specific flight. Click on "In-flight meals" and then the blue "Order in-flight meals" button. Click through, if necessary, to the list of main courses. Just above the list, on the right, there is a link for "View menu".
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:08 am

LHR-HKG 28th Dec. BA31 WTP

Main

Chicken in XO sauce with stir fried kai lan in soy sauce and egg fried rice
Seared fillet of British beef with artichoke and truffle risotto, purple sprouting broccoli, baby onions and roast garlic jus

------

I've booked the chicken
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:37 am
Ziz

Originally Posted by Ziz
Has anyone tried the egg noodles in coconut broth?
FYI this was not good. It was not a broth. Rather, the noodles had absorbed the liquid and become soggy and basically a pile of coconut flavoured mush.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:24 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
BA285, LHR-SFO, January 2, 2016, CW

Starters

Seared curried Scallops with cauliflower purée, Oscietra caviar and raisin chutney
Butternut squash carpaccio with ash rolled goats cheese, pecan and cranberry salad, pumpkin seeds and a honey and sage dressing

Salad

Main

Seared fillet of British beef with artichoke and truffle risotto, purple sprouting broccoli, baby onions and roast garlic jus
Roast corn fed chicken with dauphinoise potato and roast carrots with romanesco and onion marmalade jus
Egg noodles in a coconut and lemongrass broth with mange tout, pak choi and peppers
Chilled main course salad of roast Shetland salmon, farrow and black bean salad with fresh pomegranate and mint molasses dressing

Dessert

Chocolate and hazelnut delice
Barbers Cheddar and Cotswold brie served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
A selection of fruit
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: Gold Actually
First LHR-DXB, 28 Jan 2016

Starters
Mezze plate featuring lamb shawarma, baba ganoush and labneh with chives and parsley with falafel and prawn kofta
West country Somerset brie, spinach and walnut soufflé with red onion marmalade and roasted walnuts
Soup of haricot bean
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of honey mustard or Caesar dressing

Main
Fried Arabic chicken with machboos rice and aubergine stew
Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with braised carrots, trompette mushroom filled potato with a herb crust, carrot purée and jasmine tea jus
Seared Welsh sea bass with roast garlic confit, white asparagus, rocket pesto risotto and lemon and parsley cream sauce
Main course salad of confit Gressingham duck, Chinese five spice lentil salad, cucumber, pomegranate and sweet potato

Bistro Selection
Thai vegetable curry with sticky rice
Pulled British chicken with barbeque sauce, Monterey Jack cheese, Manoucher flatbread, potato salad and dill and cucumber dip

Desserts
Mango and coconut delice
Apple and blackberry charlotte
Madagascan vanilla Ice Cream
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
All midhaul routes are now eligible for meal pre-ordering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.