Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I would say warm rather than hot.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
BA0275 LHR to LAS on 5th April

Starters

Scottish smoked salmon tartare with blood orange jelly and beetroot coulis
Chargrilled aubergine and feta cubes with smoked chickpea purée, artichoke and pomegranate
Salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

Seared fillet of British beef with smoked potato fondant, romanesco, carrots and a tellicherry black pepper sauce
Smoked haddock with basil mash, prawns, fennel, sugar snaps and roasted peppers with lobster sauce
Risotto Primavera
Chilled main course salad of Cumbrian air dried ham, artichoke, mozzarella, sundried tomato with lemon vinaigrette

Dessert

Key lime pie with blackcurrant confit
Barbers cheddar and Cotswold brie wedge served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
A selection of fruit
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:43 pm

As far as I can tell pre order Meal is still only out of LHR.

Are there any plans for flights into LHR?
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
I don't know anything but I would imagine it would be hard to implement. At LHR they have one caterer. They use different caterers all around the world that would have to come onboard with the idea.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
The choices for F BA 275 LHR T3 to LAS on 26 march 2016:

- Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with roasted shallot purée, herb polenta cakes, tenderstem broccoli, truffle and red wine jusAllergen information

- Seared sustainably sourced North Atlantic haddock with parsley root purée, courgette and orzo pasta risotto, parsley cream sauce and tomato confit

- Wild mushroom arancini marinated roast baby vegetables, butternut squash purée and whole grain mustard dressing with pistachio crumble

- Main course salad of mango, shredded cabbage and pea with seared scallops, crispy corn and chimichurri sauce

- Order when I get on board

1: i can make at home whithout tasting like rubber
2: haddock is still discounted at my fishmonger so ate that to often
3: mushroom ravioli is the signature dish of my crumpet
4: usually what i eat a lunch sans scallops
Unfortunately nothing interesting for me but i'll just take the KSML kosher meal for the team, my parents' sake and my own food sanity.

Do i get served first; is it all served on 1 tray and 1 go just like in CE? (I would prefer it though)

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 21, 2016 at 1:33 am
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Just as a follow up, the smoked salmon was warm--and delicious! I also found the shrimp starter to be tasty (later on I grabbed the mozzarella starter from the Club kitchen as well).
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: BA
Veal

Seared fillet of rose veal with rosemary jus, potato au gratin, buttered baby carrot and turnip medley and fresh asparagus.

The meat 'caramalised' to oblivion.
Attached Images   
Old Mar 23, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Please excuse my simple question, but I did not see the answer in the wiki.

To pre-order a meal for a long-haul flight departing LHR in premium cabin, can you do that online at MMB or do you order it at the Galleries or Galleries First lounges at T5?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Please excuse my simple question, but I did not see the answer in the wiki.

To pre-order a meal for a long-haul flight departing LHR in premium cabin, can you do that online at MMB or do you order it at the Galleries or Galleries First lounges at T5?
MMB.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Sorry to but in...

But, in this case, the salmon IS hot, as in heated.

I served 9 of them last night and all plates came back empty. So, I can't have been that bad in the galley.

The salad is very fresh too, maybe because of the baby gem used instead of some of the other leaves they have been using of late.

Out of the two starter options, the Tom and Moz looks and appears to be nicer. The prawn starter, the prawns were all eaten, but the rest of the plate was 50/50.
I agree about the starter, MrD had the tomato and Mozzarella, I went for the prawn. Prawns were OK but the aubergine was not good at all, avocado was not bad.
Tandoori chicken was a winner even if the cauliflower was cooked until it surrendered.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
BA31 LHR-HKG 11 April World Traveller Plus

The World Traveller Plus menu for 11 April on BA31 from London to Hong Kong is as follows -

Starter
Potato salad with dill and smoked salmon

Main
Hong Kong style barbeque chicken, egg fried rice and kailan stir fried

or

Seared fillet of British beef with smoked potato fondant, romanesco, carrots and a tellicherry black pepper sauce

Dessert
Chocolate pot

or

Butler's Secret cheddar with crackers

According to this press release - http://mediacentre.britishairways.co...6/2016-72/6053 -

"From March 30, British Airways First, Club World and World Traveller Plus customers will also be able to enjoy special celebration dishes on board all flights to Hong Kong."

Presumably it's the BBQ Chicken that is the special celebration dish? I think I saw the exact same beef as someone's LAS flight further back in the thread. Anyone confirm?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: QF Platinum
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I agree about the starter, MrD had the tomato and Mozzarella, I went for the prawn. Prawns were OK but the aubergine was not good at all, avocado was not bad.
Tandoori chicken was a winner even if the cauliflower was cooked until it surrendered.
Interesting - I found the aubergine delicious. Unfortunately I got stuck with prawns + salmon on that menu, but rather enjoyed them both - however the salmon was slightly overcooked and thus rather dry.

The ginger cake dessert served with ice cream was also wonderful.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Choices for BA31 LHR-HKG 12th April in First.
Link to full menu for your perusal.

Fried chicken in black pepper sauce with mushroom and bean curd in light oyster sauce with steamed rice.

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef, seared foie gras, glazed carrots and tenderstem broccoli, chateaux potato and madeira jus.

Cantonese chicken noodle soup with prawn wonton.

Main course salad of smoked tuna nicoise, black olive dressing and quails egg.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:08 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
BA107 LHR-DXB April 2016
Club World

Starters

-Scottish smoked salmon tartare with blood orange jelly and beetroot coulis
-Mezze plate featuring, parsley and chilli hummus, aubergine moutabel, chickpea, cumin and lentil salad

Salad
Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main

-Smoked haddock with basil mash, prawns, fennel, sugar snaps and roasted peppers with chervil cream sauce
-Beef and tomato stew with vermicelli rice, grilled red and green peppers, courgettes and aubergine
-Risotto Primavera
-Chilled main course antipasto salad of artichoke, mozzarella, sundried tomato, chicken skewers with lemon vinaigrette

Dessert

-Key lime pie with blackcurrant confit
-Barbers cheddar and Cotswold brie wedge served with spiced mulled apple jelly and biscuits
-A selection of fruit
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
LHR-SFO May
Club World

Starters
• Asparagus and Richard Woodall cured ham, truffle dressing, pea sponge and Burford brown egg
• Beetroot carpaccio with celeriac remoulade, pistachio crusted goats cheese and redcurrant jelly

Salad
• Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main
• Seared fillet of British Beef with sauté potato and Portobello mushroom, roast tomato and béarnaise sauce
• Roasted corn fed chicken breast with cheddar mash, onion gravy, broccoli and carrots
• Penne pasta with smoked sun dried tomato, roast peppers, rocket and bocconcini
• Main course salad of salmon nicoise with a creamy mustard grain dressing

Dessert
• Chocolate and mango delice with mascarpone cream
• Coastal cheddar and Bleu d'auvergne served with grapes and biscuits
• A selection of fruit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.