Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The haddock sounds lovely and will be tested by myself as soon as possible.
I think I will follow your lead! I may even post a photo after my flight on the 21st.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Regarding the Tasting Menu on the A380, would it be bad form to pre-order something from the menu, only to change to the Tasting Menu once I've had sight of it onboard? I wouldn't want to waste food, but at the same time I can't see what's on the Tasting Menu so can't decide whether or not I want it...

(Also, am I correct in thinking the 15:00 LHR > SFO (BA287) involves a second meal service that isn't afternoon tea now, or am I misinformed?)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
The chicken in the best choice, avoid the lamb.
What's so bad about the lamb? I've pre-ordered it as I'm not a huge fan of most Café de Paris sauces.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It might be very nice, it just looks grey and sloppy when cooked and this put me off trying it, I would be interested to hear what you think.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:40 pm

It might be very nice, it just looks grey and sloppy when cooked and this put me off trying it, I would be interested to hear what you think.
Looks like I've signed up to take one for the team.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't say that, there are people around here that will take it literally.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:52 pm

Don't say that, there are people around here that will take it literally.
LOL! I'm actually looking forward to something that's edible that I can try the red wine with.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:58 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dilpat84
Regarding the Tasting Menu on the A380, would it be bad form to pre-order something from the menu, only to change to the Tasting Menu once I've had sight of it onboard? I wouldn't want to waste food, but at the same time I can't see what's on the Tasting Menu so can't decide whether or not I want it...
I wondered about this too..... In F on the A380 next week and feel like trying the tasting menu, but once I know what's on it, I may want to choose something else..... How does this work with pre-ordering?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There you go big man, take one for the team.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure if it's available you will be able to choose it but you won't have an opportunity until those who didn't pre order have chosen.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
Off to JFK next month with this menu. I know that the choice veal will give some issues with people but any views on the choice?

Seared fillet of veal with potato gratin, seasonal vegetables and rosemary jus

Grilled Atlantic salmon with basil pesto, saffron risotto and roasted Mediterranean vegetables

Corn fed breast of chicken with potato mousseline, edamame beans with crispy bacon and black pepper jus

Warm miso glazed sustainably sourced cod with quinoa and avocado salad
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by martin102
Off to JFK next month with this menu. I know that the choice veal will give some issues with people but any views on the choice?

Grilled Atlantic salmon with basil pesto, saffron risotto and roasted Mediterranean vegetables

Corn fed breast of chicken with potato mousseline, edamame beans with crispy bacon and black pepper jus

I wouldn't have a problem with the veal but I would be mad as heck about the rosemary!

Rosemary is extremely pungent, and I find it is being put in all manner of dishes in the UK at the moment. It does not belong in many of them - it completely overpowers other, delicate flavors.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by dcmike
Any further insights into these F offerings in November?

Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus with salt beef croquette, spinach pomme purée, king oyster mushroom, salsify batons, tomato and gherkin jus
None of them are calling to me saying "Wow, I really need to try that!"
Wasn't bad. Beef wasn't overcooked.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by martin102

I can't imagine that BA won't way overcook the veal. I'm surprised that there are two fish dishes and no pasta.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm sure if it's available you will be able to choose it but you won't have an opportunity until those who didn't pre order have chosen.
Which is entirely fair: pre ordering is about getting your first choice of meal, not an insurance policy so indeed I'd expect to be last on the pecking order should I pre order something and then want to swap for something else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.