Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
This is my question though as ExpertFlyer is saying all cabins are not oversold, Y2 as I mentioned and I think it was about W2, J4 off the top of my head. So why have I got bumped if they’ve still got 2 to sell?
Y2 means they reckon that if they sell 2 more seats, they'll squeeze 'em in somewhere, and the shareholders will be happy. Usually this means in a forward cabin. Y2 is a selling bucket, not to be confused with a seat. OK, normally one prefers to sit on a flight rather than stand the whole way, but the link is still fairly tenuous. As I tend to point out, BA look at filling the whole aircraft and worries less about where in the aircraft that may be.
Cymro and godsavethepoints like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had the double-beep at the gate yesterday from Seville to LGW. Moved from exit row to 6A. First upgrade after 1 yr 'Silver'.
Busy flight with footy fans, so not many Golds and Silver I presume.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
Not really the finest upgrade as it’s an old 3 class 777 but just went to check in online and have been upgraded from Y to W tomorrow on BA 2273- LGW-JFK.

Seat map showing Y2. I’m not really an expert with these things. Does that mean that BA can still sell 2 more seats in respects to the fact it’s already oversold the plane? Or is that the number of seats genuinely left on the aircraft to fill? I’m assuming the former or I wouldn’t have gotten my U/G
Actually Now it really is a fine upgrade. I’ve gone from Y to J. Just updated boarding pass and seemingly they’ve bumped me to Club World. Really chuffed with that as I paid a really low fare for my Y seat during the sale
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Double upgrade!

Co-worker just reported being upgraded LHR-JFK from World Traveller to Club World. He is a Blue executive club member.

This was his first J flight and he said: "I felt like a king, I ate and drank everything and I wished the flight never ended"

He's destroyed for life 😁
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Must be happening a fair amount from to JFK today
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Co-worker just reported being upgraded LHR-JFK from World Traveller to Club World. He is a Blue executive club member.

This was his first J flight and he said: "I felt like a king, I ate and drank everything and I wished the flight never ended"

That's how they get ya!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DreamTrip

When he tries real J on something else than BA, then he will be destroyed for life
williamn78 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just got the beep at the gate when bording ba554 to FCO. Pretty happy after suffering from curtain rouellet yesterday at check in from my exit row to the middle of Y. Now in seat 1F. Only the second flight since being silver. Clearly flyertalk pays off! Thanks all.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Colleague (silver) got J to F at the gate on yesterday afternoon's LHR to PVG.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
WT+ to CW upgrade at Check In Counter on DOH-LHR this week
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Got the beep this evening for my flight from Belfast to London, probably because it was a pretty full in ET - however, always a pleasant surprise, even if it is a very short flight!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Nice little magic beep at the gate in Boston, and there I was, in first.
sunshinebob, Tobias-UK and madfish like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Upgraded from CW to First ORD LHR BA 296 last night.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA - Silver
ET to CE on LGW-AGP Friday 23rd. Noticed on the app a few hours before for both myself and a friend on the same booking. On a Titan operated flight - presumably full in economy
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by GoonerWhitey
ET to CE on LGW-AGP Friday 23rd. Noticed on the app a few hours before for both myself and a friend on the same booking. On a Titan operated flight - presumably full in economy
did it make up for your weekend humiliation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.