Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by midnightmartini
No one got upgraded to F on my TATL flight... I had the entire F cabin to myself. It was an interesting experience!
I find it rather spooky when that happens...
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I've never had the whole F cabin to myself. Been one of two a couple of times to ICN which was pretty cool. I suspect being the only one is a bit odd
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
And I'm 2 for 2 on my trip to NYC.... upgraded from W to J on the return as well. Noticed in the app 4 hours before my flight. Much needed sleep on the way back!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Ritz-Carlton Gold
I received my first J to F upgrade last Friday on the SJC to LHR flight. I experienced a brief flash of annoyance when told I had been given a new seat (original was 7K), but it dissipated quickly once I realized where the new seat was located.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:24 am

Upgraded at desk on JFK to LHR on Sunday - economy to premium economy. Can't say I was too impressed. No water rounds at all, forgot to offer wine with dinner which was described only as 'chicken or pasta' and cereal bar for breakfast. Glad I didn't pay for the upgrade.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Last week (Thursday), HND to LHR on the BA8. I was originally wait-listed for W at the time of booking, which came through as confirmed about a week before setting out. All the booking classes showing a zero, except for F1 when i checked and other flights/carriers were also very full looking in all classes.

So, I wasn't hopeful of any U/G opportunity, furthermore at check-in there was a sign asking for 9 volunteers to vacate CW and re-route or re-book (with a £125 voucher or cash, I don't exactly remember). Most pleased to have the magic beep at the gate and relocated to 10B in CW.

Why they would be upgrading into CW, whilst looking for voluntary offloads from CW, I can't quite fathom out.

The (excellent) CSD did mention to me that his ipad indicated my 5 years anniversary of gold status was during this trip - perhaps it could have been a discretionary U/G for this reason - who knows!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot37

Nice! What route? Hopefully you were suitable pampered?

Pilot37
Toronto to London

Yes it felt like flying in a private plane!

(...though, being the only recipient of the safety demo was slightly awkward!)
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:18 pm

Talking

Toronto to London

Yes it felt like flying in a private plane!

(...though, being the only recipient of the safety demo was slightly awkward!)
I assume you got your first choice of meal or did they only load for 1.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:16 pm

I got my first choice, though all the options were available.

I usually like having a taste of all the wines available, but felt guilty this time as I couldn't finish 8 bottles, so I only tried two of them. I asked what they do with the unfinished wine, and they have to dump them (such a waste!). I tried offering it to the crew and also sending the unfinished open bottles to economy (if anyone needs to get drunk - it's the pax in Y!) but it wasn't allowed.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
I got my first choice, though all the options were available.

I usually like having a taste of all the wines available, but felt guilty this time as I couldn't finish 8 bottles, so I only tried two of them. I asked what they do with the unfinished wine, and they have to dump them (such a waste!). I tried offering it to the crew and also sending the unfinished open bottles to economy (if anyone needs to get drunk - it's the pax in Y!) but it wasn't allowed.
I like to get drunk whichever cabin I’m flying with BA!!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Y to W LHR-BOS last night.

Hoping for W-J on the early overnight tomorrow even more though. Plenty of space behind me in economy, but W8 E0 and J9 suggests there's hope.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
W to J on last nights PHL-LHR, much needed after a week in Orlando at a convention. W cabin had looked full for a few weeks.

Busy days, long nights and big bar bills meant I was lie flat within 2 minutes of the seat belt sign going off and woke up with 20 minutes to go.
ENTP likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ Skywards Gold/Hilton Diamond
Long week week in India and travelling back this morning on BLR-LHR. Offered upgrade from W to J for £357 at check-in which I politely declined. Lon and behold seat change at gate and I am
now the proud occupier of 11G in J. First upgrade in about a year and never on this route.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Upgrade from PE to J on tonight's BA212 back from Boston. Total cost of the trip was 39k plus £350 and got upgraded both ways (to PE on the outbound, from PE on the inbound). Cost of a cash booking was £1,750 before the upgrades, too.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Upgraded ET - CE on Saturday, LHR to MAD on a morning flight. I was particularly pleased since this was a 'day trip' fare which only cost £89 for the return trip!
Interestingly, my travelling companion on a separate PNR was also upgraded and after we both watched our seats move to different parts of the cabin twice on the app, we ended up seated back next to each other again. He's on my friends and family list, so perhaps whoever did the seat swapping picked up the link from there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.