Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Upgraded on yesterdays LCY-DUB BA4468
Was in 3B so moved to 1A, this being a LCY service, would have got my free drink anyways.

Theoretic seating seemed to work as well, kept 1B free.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cunardqueen

<big snip>

As is the case when you have a great BA crew they are simply the best !
Wow.. well it sounds like a wonderful series of surprises! I have had most of what you describe happen to me - but one at a time over a 20-year period of flying on BA, certainly not in the space of 3 months ... I hope your run of luck continues
cunardqueen likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:26 am

Upgrades

This week GLA LGW and LGW GLA ET >CE

in 2017 I had multiple GLA-LON ET > CE, 4 of us from WT+>CE on LHR JFK, wife got WT+>CW to sit next to me on Work trip on LHR>MIA, me and colleague upgraded from CW>F on MIA-LHR (wife left earlier than me!).

can’t complain!!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Upgrade on MRS-LHR for both myself and my wife on 02/03. I'm Gold and she is Silver.
We were seated separately but a very kind gentleman agreed to take my 1F so we could be together in row 2. The CSD came around immediately after we had done the swap to make sure that we were seated together and that we had managed to sort everything out. Lovely man.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I am on flight 200+ (>50% in premium cabins and long haul) with BA and have had 1 upgrade in 5 years. Even was on a flight the other day which was full and the person in front who was blue got an upgrade and a few golds were still in economy. Must be some method in this madness.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
WT+ to CW on yesteday's LHR->YVR, which was welcomed with open arms given how late (on my body clock) that flight arrives into Vancouver. What a fabulous crew on board too.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:46 am

Y to CW for mrs rapidex and I on BA149 LHR-BEY. A very welcome result.
makin'miles, megaloman and aidy like this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Yesterday on LHR–MSY from WTP to CW. Some days before ac from 788 to 789. Before online checkin starts upgrade was per App visible with 1A pre–assigned– very nice. At OLCI was 1A disappeared and 2E pre–assigned and I finished the checkin with mobile boardingpass. Next Morning Seat change to 6B....damn...at bag drop new boardingpass 11E....what the hell.
At the end 11E was because they upgraded my parents too (on a different booking) and try to allocate us together. But the changes before...no idea.

Last edited by denkigroove; Mar 17, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:54 pm

WT+ to CW BA295 LHR to ORD
Was happy with a middle seat except for the fact my seat buddy snored like a pig half the flight !!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by annihilation
I am on flight 200+ (>50% in premium cabins and long haul) with BA and have had 1 upgrade in 5 years. Even was on a flight the other day which was full and the person in front who was blue got an upgrade and a few golds were still in economy. Must be some method in this madness.
I'm sure there is a method, but it's certainly opaque. PETER01 will remember that I had 50+ sectors in a row in WT+ without a single upgrade as a GGL. Then I hit quite a good period for upgrades, then it completely died down again. In my current travel pattern, there's been nothing in the last 3 months (but I did get one free cup of tea on one flight in 24 ET sectors). I have to say that getting an upgrade on 0.5% of your flights does sound a little unlucky though.. maybe the gods will smile on you next time you travel!
annihilation likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Partner got the double beep on tonight’s (24th Mar) PHL>LHR from WT to CW while on an Avios reward ticket - so not a bad result!! Packed WT and WTP based on EF availability with a very light CW load - hence the upgrades, but still good for an Avios reward ticket!

Pilot37
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Me and the significant other were on a UuA'd leg (WTP -> CW) from LHR -> BOS. Significant other got the double beep followed by me with an upgrade to First. Our first First, mind you. Pity that both of us were so knackered (we were traveling from BLR) that we barely registered the hard or the soft product.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:10 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Partner got the double beep on tonight’s (24th Mar) PHL>LHR from WT to CW while on an Avios reward ticket - so not a bad result!! Packed WT and WTP based on EF availability with a very light CW load - hence the upgrades, but still good for an Avios reward ticket!
It seems strange that they'd Op-Up an Avios award ticket in WT, when surely there were OWE's who paid for WTP. #confused
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
It seems strange that they'd Op-Up an Avios award ticket in WT, when surely there were OWE's who paid for WTP. #confused
Not unknown though - late last year, although with a bit of a convergence of events (aircraft change (788-789) and retaining Gold) saw Mrs CKBA and myself WT-CW'd on an avios redemption (...otherwise nothing in the 21 flights since).
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
I was upgraded on yesterday's flight from HYD to LHR from WT to WT+ which was much appreciated on the 9+ hour flight. When I checked in at the counter, they had already assigned me to the new seat. I think the large number of young children on the flight with a full WT cabin helped the upgrade chances, so that the children could be seated next to a parent. I'm not sure if this flight had the 'new' WT+ catering service, but they served breakfast, then after a few hours, a movie snack of popcorn, corkers crisps and a twix bar, and then a small meal before landing. The small meal was a hot WT style entree main meal type (chicken and mash or paneer curry and rice), plus a small piece of cake and a bottle of water. They did a drinks and pretzels run before the second meal and tea/coffee after. I think WT had the cold breakfast box, so this is definitely a step up for the second service in WT+ and a way to differentiate WT+ from WT, although the service pattern simply matches Virgin's Delhi service for regular economy.

I'm a bit surprised that I was selected for the upgrade as this flight is business heavy, and has a lot of OW Sapphire/BA Silver people. In the early seat selection time, virtually every aisle and window seat was taken, and over half the plane boarded when they called group 2. I don't know if my checking in online very early (as soon as I got the BA notification on my iphone that online checkin had started), or if my CIV number reflects that i have made several purchases for holidays in CE. So upgrading patterns remain a mystery and could well be random.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.