Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA - Silver
Originally Posted by m3red

did it make up for your weekend humiliation?
Haha! Yes it did - booking a weekend away instead of going Sunday was one of my better decisions
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by GoonerWhitey

Haha! Yes it did - booking a weekend away instead of going Sunday was one of my better decisions
good luck tonight 😂
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
A bit late, but was upgraded from WTP to J LHR - YVR on Saturday, 17th of Feb. Seat change showed up in the app jut as I was approaching check in. A nice bonus at any time!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold
Yeah!

On BA461 2/3 I was originally in exit row and was seatshifted due to aircraft being subbed into a 777. To my delight I was opuped to 2E on a LH 777 :-)

E
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Are the pax who get operational upgrades to CW granted access to the lounges? Or is that a dumb question if it's the case that only people who get upgraded to CW already have silver status?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Are the pax who get operational upgrades to CW granted access to the lounges?
yes
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:49 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Are the pax who get operational upgrades to CW granted access to the lounges? Or is that a dumb question if it's the case that only people who get upgraded to CW already have silver status?
Yes you can use the lounge if op upped. Plenty of blues and bronzes get upgraded ahead of
golds and silvers- apparently it's all to do with a secret algorithm that BA uses so that golds / silvers do not take an op up for granted by booking the lower cabin, and also so others are tempted to book the higher cabin on future flights if they are given a 'taste' of it. I don't like that system as I'm gold and have never had a BA Op up, but BA still manages to keep my relatively low revenue business.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just got bumped up at visa check for my flight to JFK in a bit. Was going to say no as I had 64K on a Super-J 747, but the BP has 1A on it so am currently enjoying the CCR
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Just got bumped up at visa check for my flight to JFK in a bit. Was going to say no as I had 64K on a Super-J 747, but the BP has 1A on it so am currently enjoying the CCR
Welcome back ^
Sealink and darthlemsip like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Welcome back ^
Wonderful food - the wild boar tortellini was amazing
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, Lufthansa
Got lucky WTP to Club CPT-LGW

Got very lucky and got 2x upgrades WTP to Club last night flying CPT-LGW. We're both Silver and checked in online 24h before but didn’t download our boarding passes. Sure enough looking at the app a few hours before departure our seats had changed from 13JK to 1DE. The flight seemed pretty packed down the back, so
It was a great and very welcome surprise to end our holiday. Thanks BA!
Cymro likes this.

Last edited by jorg71; Mar 9, 2018 at 6:49 am Reason: added information
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
2 x Silver Op Up from WT to Club at gate AUH-LHR 25/02.
When checking in for the o/b we were offered an upgrade on this I/b leg for £650 each which we did not take. The flight was very busy in all cabins.

This was our first time in economy o/b and Club I/b on long-haul BA for many years. We usually fly First using our 2-4-1 each year. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the service nor the cramped (middle) seat.
Offered only water or OJ before take off and as a very late departure from AUH circa 02:30, lights were left off after take off. Luckily we had eaten in the lounge.
I was woken up 3 times in the night by people (children) climbing over my legs (even in the middle seat - not sure where they were going).
Went to what I thought was the Club Kitchen in the night to find it bare and no one there to ask for a snack.
Breakfast was served on a tray handed over the top of the person next to me. Same when tray was taken away.

Anyway - nice to get my first upgrade on BA nonetheless.

Last edited by gallagher; Mar 7, 2018 at 3:45 am Reason: update
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Bronze. MLife Gold, Cunard Diamond, Total Rewards Diamond.
Booked into Economy for a flight to ORD away back on Dec 18th.
Using the domestic service from ABZ to LHR .The CSM during the flight made a point of mentioning to me the flight connection was now very tight and l would probably miss the flight. but he did move me forward to the front to allow for a quicker exit.. As it happened my missed flight was confirmed when l went through flight connections .Went to the BA customer sevice desk and was offered an AA flight which l didnt want but said l would prefer to fly on the later BA service. then the seat offered was a bulkhead middle seat , l mentioned that as l had already prepaid for a window seat l would very much like that, if possible, the agent made a call and yes l did have my window seat at the rear in Economy .New boarding card issued and l went away happy with the choice.

Boarded the new flight , spoke some camp chat with the crew in my section and offered a little Christmas Gift for the crew. and mentioned my neice works as cabin crew for Loganair, showed them some pics, shes only been there a year Then I took my seat, a customer of size was then seated next to me with a lady to his left. engaged in conversation for some time when the CSM came down and said "Mr Dxxxx We have your assigned Isle seat for you, gather your belongings and follow me quickly" gathered my cabin bag and followed him through WTP and into CW , protested to him that oh there was really no need for this. He just smiled and said thats its only fair l travel out the way lm coming home. anyway during the flight l spoke at length with him, and enjoyed very good service from the crew. Its maybe not the done thing , but l offered a $100 note to him and said he didnt need to do what he did, but l really appreciated what all he and the crew had done and for me and to please buy the crew a landing drink, he refused twice but accepted reluctantly the third time.
Just prior to the crew being told to take their seats for landing , a member of the crew appeared at my seat with a small bag, and said it was my Duty free order. I opened it and inside was a bottle of fizz .
I caught him as l was about to disembark (or do we call it deplane ) and thanked him again.
Iv been very lucky with my flights on BA and what they do, and how the crew interact.. They are always my airline of choice when l fly to the USA on holiday. But only this week l flew home from LAX in WTP and had the most awkward older foreign guy serving , no chit chat, no smiles and generally a grump, and only two water/juice runs during the night flight. I always have a white wine and ask for a tin of coke for later, and its always given freely, sometimes two tins. This chap asked me which was it, either the Wine or the coke...it was clear l wasnt getting both.
The outward flight on Friday in economy resulted in a glass of fizz from the crew before takeoff and a bottle in the bag prior to landing at LAX .

The flight home this week from LAX took me to the giddy heights of Bronze. On the connecting domestic flight upto ABZ while joking with one of the crew on the half empty flight l mentioned the fact about hitting Bronze and he said Congratulations . There was some interaction during the flight and as l was seated at the rear, he said dont be in a hurry to disembark, l never normally am anyway, As l was the last to prepare to deplane at the cockpit door the CSM was there and congratulated me on the transition and presented me with a small bottle of the sparkiling wine and one for my Neice. l joked with her about making an Oscar acceptance speech but there was no one there to hear it. The rather young dishy Pilot appeared and casually asked what the fun was about, the CSM mentioned l had just hid the giddy heights of Bronze. He shook hands and said congratulations, I did throw in my loyalty to BA and that on one of my previous flight l flew back First from Chicago and loved the whole experience. He then asked did l want to see the Flight deck....As if l would say no . He allowed me to sit in the seat and we spoke about different things, for a few minutes and then l made my way to leave, he offered to take a photo, which l gladly accepted , l thanked the crew again for all they had done and walked down the steps in the poring down rain . For that few mintues l was like a child again and saw a very human side to British Airways , and l loved it ! and will dine out on it for quite some time .
As is the case when you have a great BA crew they are simply the best !
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:09 pm

First on lloyds upgrade

Heading home from East coast. Was on lloyds upgrade voucher club both ways. Got First on way home tonight. Super lucky.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
My other half and I were upgraded last Friday on LHR-MAD operated by Iberia's A340. I noticed the seats changed on the app when we were at the gate, but I thought it was just a seat swap, based on the configuration I knew we were flying on. Instead, they'd swapped the aircraft and our seats were now in business.

It was a pleasant and unexpected surprise. We had flown on Iberia's long haul business before and it confirmed itself an overall superior product to BA's offer. Well, for sure there was no comparison with our inbound two days later on BA's 777.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.