Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 - November 2015

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:02 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed your orders were carried out and the new carpet now stretches to the end of the bar / kitchen entrance. Rest will be done in the next few days. [They already have had to replace one patch due to a red wine incident...]
I noticed that the carpet had been changed.

Previously, the floor on the terrace had been sanded down and revarnished.

I was told yesterday, that for three nights, starting tonight, further refurbishments will take place, though what this involves, I don't know.

bjorns
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Big changes today, I'll write up more later. But we now have two menus for the main part of the day:

Concorde Lounge menu

BA Burger
Club sandwich
Niçoise salad
Salt beef bagel
Gnocchi
Thai curry

Concorde Dining Menu

Soup of the day
Black pearl scallops
Plum tomato tart

Superfood salad
Ox cheek
Plaice fillet
Gnocchi

Orange and burdock cannelloni
Pannetonne Bread and Butter pudding
Seasonal fruit salad
Cheeses

In other words there is now a concept of a knife and fork meal, served mainly in the Dining Room, and plated lighter meals in the main part of the lounge. The Dining Room meals are more substantial too. I had the scallops - which are really first class - and the ox cheek: that was a very filling meal There have also been changes to the plates and the food's presentation.

This may also explain some of the things happening next door in the First lounge....

Photos will be posted in due course.
I wish I would have seen this a bit earlier. I just ordered a burger.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Interesting changes it would make sense for the casual menu to be in line with the Flounge offering too. Effectively having a single casual dining menu across both lounges with the more substantial plated & seated options for the CCR only.

Sadly my next planned LHR pit stop is at T3
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For the record only, this is the outgoing menu. The lounge menu was introduced on 1 December 2015 so there is no previous menu for this. The current menu is in post 1 and includes the full menu descriptions.

Rest of the day

First Courses

- Soup of the day
Please ask your host for today's choice of soup, served with freshly baked breads.

- Chicken and Mushroom Terrine
Terrine of British chicken and wild mushrooms with spider endive, straw mushrooms, balsamic pearls and a slice of ciabatta.

- Plum Tomato Tart
Roasted tomato tart served with am aubergine caviar drizzled with basil oil and dusted with tomato powder.

Main Courses

- BA Burger
Made with British Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk-glazed roll with tomato salsa, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar

- Club Sandwich
A choice of roasted granary or white read triple decker sandwich with chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with either twice-cooked chips or ruby slaw.

- Trio of Beetroot (also available as a starter portion)
Salad of slow roasted Golden, Candy and Ruby heritage beetroot with Yorkshire Fettle cheese and baby spinach.

- Pork Belly
Succulent Cornish pork belly slow cooked for eight hours, served with dauphinois potatoes, cavalo nero, black pudding and a red wine jus.

- Plaice Fillet
Pan fried fillet of British plaice seasoned with fennel pollen served on dill crushed new potatoes with buttered sautéed samphire and tomato concasse.

- Gnocchi (also available as a starter portion)
Filed with Docelatte and walnut, served with sautéed Girolle mushrooms, baby spinach and rocket cress.

Desserts

- Orange and Burdock Cannelloni
Served with a layered raspberry sponge and raspberry coulis.

- Chocolate Fondant
Served with vanilla ice cream and a strawberry, blueberry and raspberry compote.

- Seasonal Fruit Salad
Served with a fruit syrup.

- Cheeses
Somerset Camembert, Coastal Cheddar, Bleu d'Auvergne and Tournegus with apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and biscuits
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:03 am

Thanks for the info, sounds like there was an actual enhancement in the CCR this time!
Btw, does anyone know if the CCR at JFK also has a new menu?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Had the thai curry today - was pretty good. Not too spicy but a pleasant kick to it. I'd give it 7/10.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Well it all looks pretty good I look forward to trying one or two dishes on Saturday.

BK
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
The new menu certainly reads very well. New menu, new carpets - although I was hard pushed on Monday to tell the difference 'twixt new and old carpets - whatever next?

Doc Copper
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Pannetonne Bread and Butter pudding
Nice ... all looks very interesting. Actual spelling for the Milanese Christmas Loaf is Panettone

Do we know if the full menu will be available for order from the cabanas, or will it just be the lounge menu there? Admittedly there's not a lot of room for many plates there, but curious to know. I have a MIA flight and a far too brief layover just after Christmas, so looks like I won't get to try it any time soon.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by greg5
I wish I would have seen this a bit earlier. I just ordered a burger.
And then I had the scollops a bit later on. They're really quite excellent. ^

The burger wasn't too bad either. I was surprised that it was a lot bigger than the pictures here make it look to be.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Interesting changes it would make sense for the casual menu to be in line with the Flounge offering too. Effectively having a single casual dining menu across both lounges with the more substantial plated & seated options for the CCR only.

Sadly my next planned LHR pit stop is at T3
It's exactly that - today's GF menu is the lounge options in the CCR.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BHDATC
It's exactly that - today's GF menu is the lounge options in the CCR.
Indeed the Flounge order menu is nearly identical, Floungers get the ice cream options however (unofficially CCR users are also allowed ice cream). I'll update the Flounge menu a little later on, I see there are also a few new buffet items too.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have they got a deep fat fryer now? So they can make proper chips?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Have they got a deep fat fryer now? So they can make proper chips?
They seemed baked to me. Not bad, but there was something missing.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greg5
They seemed baked to me. Not bad, but there was something missing.
Oven chips are awful, they go cold extremely quickly too.

There is something very odd about an inability to serve proper chips in the T5 lounge complex, vs the rest of T5s restaurants and other terminals which have deep fried foods and why this hasn't been solved.

I noticed from SFO777 AF P report there was a special of fish & chips for the Rugby in the P lounge. If the French are making better fish and chips than you and offering roast beef (in fact they make them at all), then you may as well give up and close shop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.