Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 - November 2015

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015

Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Banana4321
Didn't see you there today KARFA. Which isn't surprising as I've no idea what you look like! I was at the bar from 12:30 ish for an hour or so.
I was there at the same time, left just after 1300. Sat on the high table at the bar end. You weren't in a purple polo shirt were you?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I was there at the same time, left just after 1300. Sat on the high table at the bar end. You weren't in a purple polo shirt were you?
That's the one...
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Banana4321
That's the one...
Aha. I was in jeans and dark blue polo shirt. I should be able to recognise you now next time we are in the CCR together.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015

Quick heads up, given it's that time of the year, there's a strict new dress code on force until Sunday.
Will post pics later.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by chris1979
Quick heads up, given it's that time of the year, there's a strict new dress code on force until Sunday.
Will post pics later.
Does it involve a hat?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by stu1985
Does it involve a hat?
I prefer bad taste jumpers
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Quote:

Will post pics later.

Does it involve a hat?
Haha.

Christmas might be coming early for you!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Haha.

Christmas might be coming early for you!
*monkey face emoji*
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GGL
*monkey face emoji*
Oi, leave the monkey out of this. I shall not be wearing a hat!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Oi, leave the monkey out of this. I shall not be wearing a hat!
just had the scallops and they were almost as good as the ones you cooked for us!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:41 am

this is a (rather attractive) model displaying the dress code that applies until Sunday.

Ann is very clear that if you don't look the part, you aint coming in!

Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
just had the scallops and they were almost as good as the ones you cooked for us!
...but not quite, right!?

I'll be there in an hour, sans hat and Christmas jumper! <letting my inner-Grinch come out to play>
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:56 am

...but not quite, right!?

I'll be there in an hour, sans hat and Christmas jumper! <letting my inner-Grinch come out to play>
hurry up.

i'll be boarding in 40 mins (and yes, just like last time you found me, i'll be working in the boardroom).
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
<letting my inner-Grinch come out to play>
How is that different from the normal you?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I really love the scallops, but I'd like them served with a little more pea puree. The ox cheek is delicious. Very tender and tasty, but I think it needs a little more sauce with it. The serving is very sparse. I agree that the bread and butter budding is absolutely delicious! I tried the red Thai curry on Friday and enjoyed it so much that I had to have a second portion

I think this is the best menu we've had in the CCR for a long while and, for the first time, I'd actually rate it ahead of the JFK menu. While I loved the lobster bisque they have there at the moment (so much that I had to order a second bowl!), I found the lamb dish to be under seasoned and somewhat tasteless and the dessert, a deconstructed cheese cake, with no real point to the 'deconstruction' was disappointing. It seems to be fashionable these days, but unless it adds something special to the dish, stick with the original!
Had the lobster bisque and lamb too! The lobster bisque was indeed delicious, with lots of bits of lobster meat. I actually liked the lamb too but I asked for it rare and I think that may have been the difference as yours looked quite well done (at least too much so for my liking). The Champagne cocktail was lovely too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.