Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Come to think of it, I was in in the first row of ET a month or so ago, and the CE steward offered me another bloody mary unsolicited. I thought that might have been a nod towards my status. Either that or he thought I looked cute (which I did)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Actualy in CE, the service is from front to back, in seat row order. Cabin crew should not be flitting around picking out specific passengers.
For what it's worth, this was row 1.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
I had that once. Just before landing one of the cabin crew came down to me handed me a bottle of wine and said something like "We forgot to put this bottle away when we were sealing the bars for landing, I noticed you'd been drinking this, would you like it?"
Can I help you Of course that never happens DorsetKnob, nor do we ever away any part used bottles.
Of course it never happens!

If such an event was to occur, though, it would be such a shame to pop the cork and tip the contents down the khazi, especially if one of our quality customers had made it clear he enjoyed that particular wine!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Cymro
For what it's worth, this was row 1.
Sounds very unfortunate and not how the service should have been done.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Most often - nothing.

Sometimes a personal welcome or the CSD/CSM coming around to say hi - thanks for the loyalty etc. (Has happened in all cabin classes)

Last year on LHR-LUX I had some excellent service in first row of ET, with the CSM coming around as often to me as to CE to offer drinks. I think he got the hang of it after the second drink Anyway, extremely good service for which he got my golden ticket!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by headingwest
What do you think that the bag tags are for?! I've seen them attached to normal womens' handbags before!
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Pray tell, what is a normal woman?
I'd suggest it's a woman who does NOT have a Gold card attached to her handbag

Last edited by Paralytic; Nov 20, 2014 at 10:35 am
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I;d suggest it's a woman who does NOT have a Gold card attached to her handbag
OMG, I'm normal!!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You are anything but normal, that's in a good way.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
OMG, I'm normal!!
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You are anything but normal, that's in a good way.
Excellent post!

As I am neither Gold, nor fly Y (or even W) that should be my last contribution to this Thread.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:10 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by SCSA
Come to think of it, I was in in the first row of ET a month or so ago, and the CE steward offered me another bloody mary unsolicited. I thought that might have been a nod towards my status. Either that or he thought I looked cute (which I did)
I get that a lot when I look good. Now that I think of it, it's been a few years.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
OMG, I'm normal!!
Ok, I've changed my opinion. There is no such thing as a normal woman. They're all unique in my experience
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by aldaniti
Just assume as a GCH travelling cattle class that you haven't paid for it and so you ain't gonna get it.
Then there is no room for expectation or disappointment.

(Had the CSD come and welcome me etc.. twice in WT (JNB-LHR & LHR-ATL) in the past month)
Well I never. Today I flew Y with US Airways GEG-PHX and then with AA PHX-DFW, both flights the crew came up and whispered that I was entitled to a complimentary drink and snack whilst sitting in the back of the plane.

Totally unexpected but appreciated nonetheless.

If only I could get a bump up on tomorrow teatime's DFW-LHR that would be a stroke. (Or even be allowed to use some Avios to up my B ticket) but alas..
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:53 am

Well I never. Today I flew Y with US Airways GEG-PHX and then with AA PHX-DFW, both flights the crew came up and whispered that I was entitled to a complimentary drink and snack whilst sitting in the back of the plane.

Totally unexpected but appreciated nonetheless.

If only I could get a bump up on tomorrow teatime's DFW-LHR that would be a stroke. (Or even be allowed to use some Avios to up my B ticket) but alas..
Boom! What a sequence of recognition since this thread, the above DFW-LHR leg upped from WT to CW with impeccable cabin service. Thanks BA! You have thanked me for my loyalty, I thank you for yours.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Boom! What a sequence of recognition since this thread, the above DFW-LHR leg upped from WT to CW with impeccable cabin service. Thanks BA! You have thanked me for my loyalty, I thank you for yours.
You really must be doing something right! What's your secret?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
You really must be doing something right! What's your secret?
Who knows? Maybe because according to my flight path it was my 37th BA segment this year?
All booked in economy (company policy). 37 flights = 1370 TP with 4 months to go of the membership year.

Maybe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.