Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
No recognition whatsoever on BA flights (in line with my expectations). "Thank you" and a friendly chat on QF, magazines from J on MH, free food/drink on domestic AA and even a super nice washbag from J on CI (that's SkyTeam though).
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Flying WTP to LAX on Sunday for the first time as a Gold, I'll report back (Nothing in SH so far)
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Flew WTP to Montreal, no recognition but half decent service.
Flying WT home tonight, will see what happens.

Alos had survey
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: BA GGL
After feeling unrecognised all this time I finally was yesterday in ET on LHR-HEL. Greeted by name at food service and then visited by CSM with offers of anything I needed etc etc. She still knew my name to give me a personalised goodbye. All made me unreasonably happy and sent a "well done". My row mate was also greeted but he seemed underwhelmed by it. Didn't let that spoil my warm, happy glow.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
My row mate was also greeted but he seemed underwhelmed by it.
You should have said hello, he's probably a major poster around here
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:46 am

I got a greeting on Friday's FRA-LHR. First time that I can recall in ET and the poor woman looked rather flustered as she clutched her iPad and simply asked if I needed anything. If I hadn’t known about the greeting from here I don't think I would have known what it was.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: KLM Plat, BA Bronze
I was flying WT to HYD. Had a screaming baby next to me, who was going full guns for ages.
I was quietly told by the CC, that if i got up and went and quietly found a seat in WTP no one would say a word. Very happy.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Purser made made point of coming to check up on me a couple of times on a recent NCE-LHR flight. Greeted me by name, with no iPad in hand (although one assumes he checked it in the galley!)
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
On way to MIA last week in WTP had the handshake and greet on the way out, my wife who is silver thinks its hilarious and quite awkward when they ignore her just to ask 'if there is anything I can do to help etc etc'. I've never asked for anything although at some stage I'm dying to ask for a proper cup of coffee from first.

On the way back checking in got the 'thankyou for your business' which was nice and then an upgrade to club for the 2 of us as they had oversold the flight down the back.

So far this year on European flights (10+ segments) I've never had anything not even the welcome and thankyou. They have moved my seat plenty of times from Exit rows into rows 4-10 once they have moved the curtain. I'm not sure that classes as a benefit apart form I can get off quicker
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by Cammo
On way to MIA last week in WTP had the handshake and greet on the way out, my wife who is silver thinks its hilarious and quite awkward when they ignore her just to ask 'if there is anything I can do to help etc etc'.
I'm reading this thread as a lowly silver but couldn't help chuckle at this comment, my girlfriend is exactly the same and finds the whole thing very strange, she'll be bronze in September (all leisure travel).

I've actually been approached quite a few times on quieter flights by crew, we were impressed on a flight to JFK in WT a few months back when we were provided with WT+ headphones and amenity bags.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I've just counted up...I've had 36 oneworld flights since having status - although only Silver so far.

Not so much as a 'thanks', other than the usual niceties at the door when leaving the plane. Should I be surprised by that? I'm not really the sort of person who likes to be singled out for special treatment anyway (maybe I'm just a tad jealous when I read some of these stories ), but I find it odd that status is not acknowledged in some way or another.

I'm told that the Asian airlines are much better in this respect. If you like that sort of thing, of course!.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
My Data points.

Last week. First two flights in WT as a gold. 1st no recognition. 2nd Introduction by CM, newspaper and WT+ amenity pack and headset. Done in a discrete and genuine manner.

Prior to Gold many flights on BA as a silver in WT/WT+ and CW, no recognition.

Last month. First flights on CX in WT+ as a BA silver, Introduction and bottle of water.

You could argue that the water, paper, headphones etc are of little value but I think as "Thank You for your business gesture" it is appropriate and welcome. In fact a simple discrete introduction, Thank you and let me know if you need anything costs nothing and adds to the experience.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I always make a point of checking if the customer is flying with anyone else and then make it a joint greeting, it must seem rude being ignored if you are travelling with a fellow cardholder.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:23 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
I've just counted up...I've had 36 oneworld flights since having status - although only Silver so far.

Not so much as a 'thanks', other than the usual niceties at the door when leaving the plane. Should I be surprised by that? I'm not really the sort of person who likes to be singled out for special treatment anyway (maybe I'm just a tad jealous when I read some of these stories ), but I find it odd that status is not acknowledged in some way or another.

I'm told that the Asian airlines are much better in this respect. If you like that sort of thing, of course!.
No, you shouldn't be surprised. Silvers do not get this.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I always make a point of checking if the customer is flying with anyone else and then make it a joint greeting, it must seem rude being ignored if you are travelling with a fellow cardholder.
Very fair of you! Though if I were travelling with a pal or work colleague, I might take a sad sense of enjoyment out of being made a fuss of whilst they get ignored

Having said that, if there's extra drinks involved then I like that perk to be shared around...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.