Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:46 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

My hit rate is about 20% in Domestic/Euro Traveller.

Many of these include 4 of us golds with the same surname next to each other, which maybe increases the chances!

Usually, it's a very simple and polite, "I see you're one (or should I say four!) of our Gold Executive Club Members, and it's my pleasure to welcome you all back with us. Should there be anything I can do to help you enjoy the flight, do let me know."

I think it's an excellent touch ^
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:48 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Can I help you
They most certainly do.
Only on longhaul.

Oddly, they seem to do so on the A318 over the pond, but not on a shorthaul 767. I usually proactively present my boarding pass on a 767 as it must be a nightmare for the crew!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Do they still do that ?
It's only stopped for SH flights, still happens LH.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by bermudasun
Was warmly greeted and welcomed back on board and thanked for my business on a recent ORD to LHR on American. This was down the back

Apologised for not being able to offer me a more comfortable seat

Interestingly never once had anything like this on BA
Hey, I had exactly the same experience. Was it the day flight?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had my first welcome and thankyou on a European leg. As it was from Gatwick and a 06.40 departure it seemed like it was low on executive club members.
I also felt like an idiot being singled out but to be fair she didnt have the ipad and also called me by name as i left the plane.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I got an upgrade last year onboard from the CSD to Club Europe LHR-OSL because "economy looked a bit cramped"!. I was on the first row of economy, and the CSD came down to the curtain, said "hello mr woodbinerich" and invited me to move.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by aldaniti
Has something changed with the recognition of GCH in Y?

Last year I had maybe 2 greetings and acknowledgements.

This year I must be on a continuous run of at least 9 BA flights where either the CSD or manager has come with the ipad or manifest print and thanked me for my loyalty and if there is anything they can get me - headphones, a glass of bubbles etc..

Not a complaint but it was tad embarrassing on LHR-ORD in WT+ last month, when I got knelt in front of and asked if everything was OK at least 6 times during the flight with offers of bubbles and bottles of water. (its a tap in for somewittyone)

Even on a packed SFO-LHR last month, I could hear the CC say to people behind that there was no full meal choices left as the chicken had finished - pasta or some tajine goo only - when she got to us, she had saved 2 chicken for Mrs and me.

Unless it just me on a run, things have certainly been stepped up on the GCH recognition front.
Run ended, this post was the kiss of death for it. Since this post:
LHR-ORD WT+
LHR-AMS
MXP-LHR
LHR-JNB
JNB-CPT
CPT-JNB
JNB-LHR WT+
Absolutely nothing, normal service resumed.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
On BA itself usually no recognition, in 3 years of being Gold had a greeting from CSM once. On Cathay Pacific however this April, being a BA (not Marco Polo) Gold on 2 Avios redemption Economy short-haul flights (PEK-HKG,HKG-BKK) got me on both occasions a polite welcome from their equivalent of the CSM, superior earphones and complimentary drink from upfront, all delivered with the utmost professionalism and my name used all the time.

....I couldn't help comparing this experience to my longhaul BA F flight 2 months earlier where I was specifically asked in BA's finest premium language "Do you want something to eat?"
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nh1980
....I couldn't help comparing this experience to my longhaul BA F flight 2 months earlier where I was specifically asked in BA's finest premium language "Do you want something to eat?"
May I ask how you would prefer this to be phrased? I for one have no problem with such simple and direct questions, even in F, and much prefer it to some alternative like "are you dining with us this evening"!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
For me, this is where BA crew on a good day really come into their own - knowing how to speak to different pax. As a younger passenger in F, I far prefer the direct and relaxed "do you want something to eat?" rather than the overly formal styler other passengers prefer. Had a good example of this a couple of weeks ago with an excellent flight back from HKG, the crew treated me in a far more relaxed way than my (much older!) director after the first interaction as she grasped our different styles. I was really impressed at the personal service (not something I'd often say on the HKG route!!)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by andset1191
My hit rate is about 20% in Domestic/Euro Traveller.

Many of these include 4 of us golds with the same surname next to each other, which maybe increases the chances!

Usually, it's a very simple and polite, "I see you're one (or should I say four!) of our Gold Executive Club Members, and it's my pleasure to welcome you all back with us. Should there be anything I can do to help you enjoy the flight, do let me know."

I think it's an excellent touch ^
Is this code for: if you want champagne and nuts, let me know??
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:35 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I was specifically asked in BA's finest premium language "Do you want something to eat?"
Better than the even more premium, "Are you hungry?" (Also heard in First class)

Or in Club Europe, when throwing down the meal tray, "salad?".
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:37 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Is this code for: if you want champagne and nuts, let me know??
Another four flights in the last fortnight, and a hit on one of them (the only mixed fleet one) - they kindly brought me a diet coke in a glass glass with ice, lemon and nuts. I was happy ^
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
I flew in WT from LHR to LAS at the start of the month. I'd selected row 28 upon booking some time ago, and during taxi I was talking to the crew member in the jump seat directly in front. She was actually from the CW cabin.

After take off she appeared from around the curtain with a glass of champagne and a bottle of water. For the next 9 hours I was ploughed with champagne and never without an empty glass. I've had the occasional WT long haul flight and often had a welcome from the CSD at my seat but this was something else I later asked if she'd get into trouble for it, but she said she'd cleared it with the CSD before the first glass and that it was fine.

fantastic service which made the 10 hours fly by. Thought it nice to share, in amongst the many threads we get about poor service.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That sounds very nice but in my opinion over the top, a bottle of water and a glass of champagne would have been sufficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.