Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QFF Gold, TK Elite
Was on the BA964 to HAM in the front row of economy; after finishing meal service in CE, the CSM popped his head around the curtain and asked how the flight was going and if I'd like another drink.

Thought it was a nice touch.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had my first SH greeting for over a year the other day on LHR-GLA. The CSD was very genuine. I was the only one.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
LHR-SFO flight yesterday - no recognition or anything whatsoever.
Packed flight like all my others. Sure one crew member was on a previous flight as well so could have remember me from a few days before in exactly the same seat.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
LHR-BLR earlier this week, I was in WT+. As breakfast was being served, the CSD came up to me and said he'd been past a couple of times during the night, and was going to say hello, but saw I was trying to get some sleep so left me alone and hoped I had got some sleep. It was very genuine.

I thought about saying that if he'd been that concerned about my ability to sleep, he could have offered me one of the empty seats in CW, but I daren't
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
Expecting nothing so, hopefully, won't be disappointed.
LHR to SFO and back in last week.
Expected nothing and got nothing. At least I wasn't disappointed.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:45 am

I've never gotten a special greeting for being Gold in any class of travel.

The only time I ever got special attention was my first trip in CW where the CC came over and introduced herself and asked if I needed anything explaining regarding the product.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HH Diamond.
Has something changed with the recognition of GCH in Y?

Last year I had maybe 2 greetings and acknowledgements.

This year I must be on a continuous run of at least 9 BA flights where either the CSD or manager has come with the ipad or manifest print and thanked me for my loyalty and if there is anything they can get me - headphones, a glass of bubbles etc..

Not a complaint but it was tad embarrassing on LHR-ORD in WT+ last month, when I got knelt in front of and asked if everything was OK at least 6 times during the flight with offers of bubbles and bottles of water. (its a tap in for somewittyone)

Even on a packed SFO-LHR last month, I could hear the CC say to people behind that there was no full meal choices left as the chicken had finished - pasta or some tajine goo only - when she got to us, she had saved 2 chicken for Mrs and me.

Unless it just me on a run, things have certainly been stepped up on the GCH recognition front.

Last edited by aldaniti; Jun 10, 2015 at 6:23 am Reason: BTW, I expect nothing.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by aldaniti

Unless it just me on a run, things have certainly been stepped up on the GCH recognition front.
Maybe a route difference? I haven't noticed much difference myself.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I've noticed no difference either, the crew still genuflect as I pass them about the cabin
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
No, all the same routes as last year. Mainly LHR to/from ORD-IAH-DFW-BOS-SFO.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
All I can contribute to this issue (at this stage!) is that of the last 6 tell-BA surveys I've had in the last 3 weeks, 2 of the 6 have been about recognition. So someone still thinks it is important. I continue to get a high recognition strike rate, but they don't always need an iPad for that.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I continue to get a high recognition strike rate, but they don't always need an iPad for that.

They just hit you with their hand instead?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Flying to DME on Monday in Y...I will report about any "recognition" or "special treatment" (more than sure I will not even be greeted, as usual).
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
CX are really good at this. I am a lowly OWS, but the CSD-equivalent always comes over at the start of the flight to thank me for being such an important customer (to the bemusement of those around me).
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by zeltergiset
CX are really good at this. I am a lowly OWS, but the CSD-equivalent always comes over at the start of the flight to thank me for being such an important customer (to the bemusement of those around me).
Yes indeed, CX always provides me with a bottle of water when flying with them in Y in Asia. Also, recently I got a glass of champagne from J, I just asked if they had any sparkling wine in Economy. And a glass of Baileys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.