Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by OttoMH
I guess I'll find out on May 3rd with my first WT in a long time and first as Gold ^
Life has its balances - you'll either be hit by a bus or get nothing.

Palmer
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Palmer

Palmer
Probably the same odds as getting hit by a bus that anything different will happen too.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by headingwest
I think I've read before that some Golds have been given champagne in economy.
We were Bronze and given Champagne in economy as it was my husbands birthday, day trip to Geneva.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
On top of the 'nice touches' (name greeting, trips from SCCM to see if I'm OK, etc) I have noticed this -

On SH ET trips, if there is no-one near me (I like the back seats and often these are deserted), *and* the ipad has been looked at, crew will sometimes offer discrete service upgrades - 'can we get you anything from Club'/ 'want a coffee' (before takeoff or when delayed taking off) etc?

If I say yes, crew go up front, and come back and hand me some Monople or a 'real' meal. Always done so it doesn't prompt a queue and am sure it costs nothing, but makes me a happy pax.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by sapper188
We were Bronze and given Champagne in economy as it was my husbands birthday, day trip to Geneva.
They gave you monopole? Were you being abusive to the crew?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Palmer
I'd been feeling a bit hard done by that me and my shiny new Gold card didn't even get a special "hello" on our first trip to Miami in WT last week.
Now I am pleased not to have been hit by a bus.
Off to SFO in a couple of days in WT (Y does this keep happening to me??). Expecting nothing so, hopefully, won't be disappointed.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by OttoMH
In terms of drink top ups... how does a GCH compare to outrageous flirting with the more.. senior.. of the crew (male or female... if it gets Jack Daniels top ups.. I'm there!)
Flirting is more effective, but I've found that having high status covers over some moderately bad chat.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Flirting is more effective, but I've found that having high status covers over some moderately bad chat.
In general life or just with airline employees?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Calchas
In general life or just with airline employees?
In central London having a Gold or even Platinum card isn't going to get you anywhere with bad chat, it's really got to be Black. Gold will do fine on BA though, luckily.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In central London having a Gold or even Platinum card isn't going to get you anywhere with bad chat, it's really got to be Black. Gold will do fine on BA though, luckily.
Good advice. ^

I shall find a permanent marker.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falconflyer Gold, The Ritz-Carlton Silver
The only thing I noticed is that on the BA124 and BA125 I usually have the Bahraini crew member come up to me even when in Y and inform me that they are at my service, if there is anything I need just let me know, etc, and sometimes giving me a better seat in Y and once an F amenity kit. I am, however, convinced that this is due to my family/aunt/cousin (or someone) knowing them as it even happened when I was a Bronze.

During my last flight, in CW, the crew gave me a 'special' welcome, learnt my name but the catering was abhorrent- they plucked down a bunch of sandwiches that my school canteen (honest to God) would have rejected, and after I didn't eat them the CSD came and asked me my opinion, informed me they were going to make an official complaint and asked me to write feedback.

Many passengers ordered the same meal in the cabin and I was the only one that got the apology and asked to write feedback- I assume it is because of my status, for I don't see why else they would signal me out.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
That's a relief... my chat is terrible. Definitely in need of enhancement!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
No one came up to me with a special greeting as before on my DFW-LHR flight although the CSL did initially address me by name (she had a napkin on her tray with my name, seat and something else) and did seem slightly friendlier towards me when coming around - may have been asked first if I wanted anything as well. She also asked me where I was off to next as I was waiting to disembark (slightly delayed as the entire Heathrow police force were waiting at the gate).
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by BA0197
Such a brilliant example of customer service and retaining loyalty- all for the measly cost of £0.02. Can BA take note of this- or indeed anything, to enhance the experience of frequent flyers to make the experience more abnormal and personal to those of us that have to deal with the (in most cases) requirement of travel?
When I first came online, I tried this. I used to buy London themed greeting cards for First and would write a little thank-you, but it was very difficult to get this done in time for boarding with everything else I had to do. I am then occupied with finishing GCH/First/Emerald welcomes before joining the service ASAP after take off.

I told my manager I was doing this and was told to stop as this wasn't the standard, and in all reality, was rarely achievable in full.

I would expect on CX that the SCCM isn't required as part of the service, or at least not initially.

Kind regards

BA.MF.CSM
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
I don't fly long haul Y, but shorthaul had some good examples of useful items in Y.

I don't care much for empty greetings and someone coming who reads my name from a piece of paper, but CX get this right. The CSD equivalent says hello and brings a bottle of water before take off. This to me is useful and welcome.

MH try and keep the seat free for OWEs in Y, also useful to me, more than a random greeting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.