Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:50 pm

Counter thread: Examples of Blue/Bronze treatment in F/J?

Example on a recent LIN-LHR: 2C wanted a second go at the bread basket - denied, not policy, etc. Moments later 2D, a high status PAX, was asked if everything OK, another drink, MORE BREAD? 2C fuming.

Me in 3D, don't eat bread (also don't have status anymore)

Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by visit14

Example on a recent LIN-LHR: 2C wanted a second go at the bread basket - denied, not policy, etc. Moments later 2D, a high status PAX, was asked if everything OK, another drink, MORE BREAD? 2C fuming.

Having flown many First sectors on BA (triple figures) I've never observed or heard anything close to that.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:03 pm

I generally fly down the back. Sometimes all the way down the back. During the summer, I had a row of 3 seats together in the last row of ET. The purser approached me and said that she could see that I was a GCH and that I flew that route 'quite a lot'.

She asked if I knew whether the flight also disembarked from the rear steps at our destination, as it was the first time she'd flown the route and she wanted to position the crew correctly on landing. She offered a Daily Mail as a small token of her appreciation.

Palmer
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Hilarious? Really??
Well, the inverted snobbery shown by some here makes me laugh.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Skywards
Quite a few years ago when still a GCH Mrs T and I were booked in SAA Y from JNB to Port Elizabeth. Having checked in, I noticed that the departures board showed an earlier BA (Comair) flight - so I flagged down a passing BA employee, waved aforementioned GC and asked if we could swap. Result! Transferred to BA, bags retrieved from SAA, upgraded to J and had good SA wine poured down us all the way. Letter of commendation issued....
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'm a simple brit and hope I never have the crew coming up to me! It's bad enough when the crew address me by name and not the person in the row behind me, say - on my last CE flight the crew were lovely and had obviously been able to memorise the names of row 1, but everyone else was Sir/Madam - cringe!

I just want to sit on my own, interact with as few people as possible, and either get some work done or enjoy some peace and quiet

I shall report back once I have my Gold card
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Well, the inverted snobbery shown by some here makes me laugh.
You read my mind! There's been rather a lot of it here in recent times.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by visit14

No way. Never happened.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Beansprout
I just want to sit on my own, interact with as few people as possible, and either get some work done or enjoy some peace and quiet
I like your attitude ^ I too like it when I don't have to talk or interact with anybody else. Is that a particularly British thing?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
A few years ago when I hit the dizzy heights of GGL, I was flying back from the US in W. When I woke up I was offered a "Twix from Club", until they "got my breakfast"
Having just woken up and it being 5 in the morning, I must admit I wasn't sure what their thinking was.

It was nice though.

Apart from that - nowt!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You read my mind! There's been rather a lot of it here in recent times.
Looking at registrations, we have a lot of new members recently. Tends to shake the forum around and change dynamics.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
"How many Gold card holders does it take to change a lightbulb?"

"Change?!?! Change?!?!?"
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BHDATC
No way. Never happened.
I had something similar in CE from OSL to LHR on Sunday.

Choices were stuffed chicken pasta, Niçoise salad or some kind of fish steak. Gold card holder next to me was offered first choice of meal and the cabin crew member was very keen to ensure that he had his first choice (expressly said so while ignoring me). She then served some kids down the back, by which time the chicken had gone.

No complaints that status pax come first but the genuflection to status wasn't subtle and the catering choices were way off balance.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Petrus
Looking at registrations, we have a lot of new members recently. Tends to shake the forum around and change dynamics.
I was actually referring to more established contributors in my post, newcomers should always be forgiven
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:26 pm

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

A few weeks ago between ORY and MAD on IB in Y the CSD equivalent came up to me giving the fawning treatment (can i do anything for you etc) The gentleman two seats down was an IB plat (I saw this from his BP) and he got ignored. Not sure how this can be - surely in house emeralds are top of the heap ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.