Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC
On a recent ET flight myself and mrsvincent (both silver) were in seats A/B with another chap (assume gold!) and his party in C/D/E. On takeoff he and his friends were given champagne. When it came to normal drinks service they were given double. Then he disppeared into CE for a few minutes (I assumed to relieve himself after a few drinks!) and came back with a few small bottles of champagne that were then put into his bag.

Nice to get treated well... but wasn't exactly done subtly to make those of us down the food chain feel special!
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Originally Posted by ratypus
why would crew really chase a Golden Ticket anyway?
Customer feedback is always a good idea. I know it makes a huge difference to us in our appriasal if one of our customers commends the work we have done.

I remember at Heathrow security there was one particularly pleasant worker who just made us all smile a bit on a Monday morning. I asked to see his supervisor and wrote some feedback comments about him.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
A quick hello and a bottle of water is all you will get from me.
... that is perfectly okay with me, particularly now that WT on TATLs only have a very meager cup of water to drink!
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I was greeted by a Senior Cabin Crew (assistant?) on a flight from ORD to LHR this week. She wasn't working on the upper deck but she came to say hi and thank me for travelling with them.

Her English wasn't great so the delivery of the message was a bit awkward for both me and her!
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Returning from WAW at the weekend, we were greeted at our seats by the purser who shook my hand and introduced herself. Later, when I asked for a second G&T, I was brought a CE glass, two bottles of gin and two CE tonics, along with a bag of nuts and a packet of lemon melts.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Nothing, not even a hello on a recent LHR-LIN-LHR trip.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
At the visa check desk a week or so ago, the lady behind the desk said "I have a message for you from the Exec Club" - then she turned the screen around so I could read it for myself No attempt to make it sound natural at all!!
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by CocoPops
Nothing, not even a hello on a recent LHR-LIN-LHR trip.
Milan Linate is so status heavy though - I'm sure you experienced the hysteria at "priority boarding" (for the buses??) following the lounge bursting at the seams.

Even with the curtain all the way back, there's a lot of BA regulars on that service without much spare time for the crew at the front after 2 drinks runs, tea & coffee, clear up and follow up. Then prepping the ovens and galley for the next flight.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:22 am

Just got back from NBO, nothing on the outbound but a 'Welcome Mr Doccykins' and glass of fizz from the CSD on the inbound after wheels up. Also put in a feedback form with regards to the muffin via snack basket that has replaced any real breakfast as the second meal on an 8h 25m flight. Not sure how the non-Golds coped without the AA arrivals lounge breakfast at 7am.

Theoretical Seating is doing well however, I was in the 747 throne seats 29K out and 29A back with the middle seat empty both ways.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
On a OSL-LHR in Y this week, the MF crew member came to offer my partner and myself both GGL/CCR (as well as our neighbour, statusless and very surprised) Champagne from CE. Unsollicited but very kind indeed. He then offered to bring us both (I don't think he asked the neighbour) another one if we wanted.

Not a GCH thing I believe but since there were no salads, just meat or veggie sandwiches and my partner doesn't tend to eat sandwiches, he kindly went to fetch the vegetarian yoghurt/pain au raisin pack from the breakfast service.

He kept checking on us and was really lovely.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:09 am

LAX-LHR in Y
CSD came by with F champagne glasses to greet us. Then cabin crew kept refilling them with henriot throughout the flight. Full size water bottles when requested water later.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
LAX-LHR in Y
CSD came by with F champagne glasses to greet us. Then cabin crew kept refilling them with henriot throughout the flight. Full size water bottles when requested water later.
Good god! I was refused a second bottle of water in CW from the west coast. I handed my first empty bottle to the crew to throw away, but they filled it from the "non-drinking water" tap hoping I wouldn't notice and gave it back.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
In economy on last night’s LUX-LHR, I was given a bottle of fizz and MasterW was given a crew bottle of Highland Spring.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Usually I don't get any recognition whatsoever on BA. (Although QR seems to always take the time to welcome me in Y) But then on a recent BA flight, and I can't remember where to, I was offered a glass of Champagne. Since then, nothing. In a way I'd rather they'd continued to ignore me as now each time they do I kinda feel short changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.