Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by gowerb
Offer of Champagne on Finnair VNO to HEL, appreciated and charming. A Telegraph delivered to my seat on same trip HEL to LHR.
Although they dont remember to allways offer OWE now are entitled to a free drink from the cart on Finnair flights as well as a newspaper 👍👍👍 so one up on ba after Jan 11 👍
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by ianwall
There's seems to be quite a variance in service standards, with crew inclination being the main factor.

Should BA be looking at Mystery "Shopping", to ensure the prescribed service standards are being consistently delivered ?
They do this. I met someone that worked for a company that did just this on ba flights and had to fill in a large questionaire about service after flights taken, approximately 50-60 questions if I recall.

I'd mentioned I was starving after a cw flight and was asked if I knew about the cw kitchen, I said yes but there was nothing much there, which they said was exactly the kind of thing they looked for. I wonder how those questions have changed now given the deliberate scrimping
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
A mess nonetheless
Exactly, that's the one thing they can but they choose not to.

They clearly have an issue with that late service back to LHR as it connects to nothing and is continually the cheapest flight on the scrapers.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
No welcome on my last 6 flights, all in past two months in J with WW crew on the PEK route. Not a big issue to me at all as the crews were great. As a reference point 100% on KA (despite only a one world affiliate) and about 75% on CX. On the latter two have had a blocked seat next to me in a bulkhead or exit row every time in Y for past 8 solo flights or so, plus water bottles, drinks straight after take off etc
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yesterday, daytime flight LHR-Austin

- upgraded to WTP at OLCI for our group of 3 which was nice (overbooked in WT)

- discreetly addressed by name on board

- discreetly asked which meal choice I wanted before they started serving from the front - surely not necessary as I was only the second row back but nice gesture

- offered snack from Club kitchen if I wanted it, though I did not ask was gently offered I could ask within reason for other drinks or whatever if I really wanted

- sneaked a couple of very full and nice glasses of proper champagne from Club - once totally unbidden at meal service and once they asked me with afternoon tea would I like one

All done very discreetly and without awkwardness - well executed and a couple of small but really nice touches.

Bit weird for other passengers I guess that me plus the one other GCH in the cabin had this champagne delivered etc but the crew were pretty discreet about it which was good - interestingly my travel companions did not get anything but I suspect they can only afford to dish out so much champagne down the back...

(Against a background of me overhearing the crew in Y having to explain to pax there was no more alcohol being served at all in Y because they needed to keep some for the way back - I would have been pretty pissed off to hear that...)
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
As a CSL on WW I struggle with all this. Greeting Gold and Emerald from other OW Carriers is something I try and do (and is now officially my responsibility in the cabins that In work in). It is really hard to personally greet every single Gold/Emerald on some flights. Certain routes (or days of the week, or times of year) we can have many on a flight. Yes even a Miami in July you will find an incredible amount of Golds in WT usually redeeming Avios. I find when i speak to them some love it, some hate it (and make that clear by their reaction) and some are just embarrassed.
I did a trip recently where on an A380 I had 42 Golds in economy on two decks on a night flight. I rushed around trying to catch people before they went to sleep and managed to say a quick hello to about 10. Sometimes it is just impossible.
If I have one or two I will happily offer a bottle of crew water to them (though there is really nothing spare I can offer, and certainly not enough for more than a couple of people). I used to offer a newspaper but these days nobody seems to want them so I have given up as it all takes time and I am usually rushing around and have to operate a trolley as main crew on most aircraft these days.
I do list Golds by area and pass them to the crew member that will serve them and ask for them to say hello and address by name. I think this is well received and less embarrassing for the customer than being singled out with an awkward conversation.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by markzz2
If I have one or two I will happily offer a bottle of crew water to them (though there is really nothing spare I can offer, and certainly not enough for more than a couple of people). I used to offer a newspaper but these days nobody seems to want them so I have given up as it all takes time and I am usually rushing around and have to operate a trolley as main crew on most aircraft these days.
I do list Golds by area and pass them to the crew member that will serve them and ask for them to say hello and address by name. I think this is well received and less embarrassing for the customer than being singled out with an awkward conversation.
I always find it nice and surprising when a cc comes with drink/food trolley and manages to address me by name without having had some proper welcome from csm/csd. Makes a difference between a good and great crew.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If I cannot see them all I just click on the iPad "List by CIV Score" and do the highest first.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
If I cannot see them all I just click on the iPad "List by CIV Score" and do the highest first.
Sensible. But don't you get to meet the same people all the time (ok there are 80k or so golds). Do it the other way round, and meet some new folks?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
MAD-LHR on Tuesday I was greeted by name by a member of the crew. Unfortunately they got my name wrong....
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
Greeted by name and offered champagne recently on LHR - LUX.

(I think this had rather a lot to do with Mrs VH-EAB having the same name as a well known female tennis star and the crew member being a huge tennis fan.)
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
I didn't have my max size roller taken off me at LCY earlier on a full flight to AMS. Everyone around me with smaller rollers had theirs tagged and checked at the gate. I really couldn't give two hoots about them remembering my name so long as they let me on with my bag!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by markzz2
As a CSL on WW I struggle with all this. Greeting Gold and Emerald from other OW Carriers is something I try and do (and is now officially my responsibility in the cabins that In work in). It is really hard to personally greet every single Gold/Emerald on some flights. Certain routes (or days of the week, or times of year) we can have many on a flight. Yes even a Miami in July you will find an incredible amount of Golds in WT usually redeeming Avios. I find when i speak to them some love it, some hate it (and make that clear by their reaction) and some are just embarrassed.
I did a trip recently where on an A380 I had 42 Golds in economy on two decks on a night flight. I rushed around trying to catch people before they went to sleep and managed to say a quick hello to about 10. Sometimes it is just impossible.

Thank you for trying anyway, 42 Golds must have been a nightmare. Most of us really don't mind, but at the same time, it is very useful to know what you are up against.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:07 am

On a recent GOT - LHR, genuinely welcome back by name for both myself and Mrs LionRed upon boarding, offered and delivered champagne for us both and the third person travelling with us after take-off.

Last edited by LionRed; Oct 10, 2016 at 5:08 am Reason: update
Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Must be a GOT thing, same thing happened to me on Sunday's GOT-LHR, where I was welcomed on board and offered a glass (miniature) of bubbly which I gratefully accepted. All done very professionally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.