BA Silver - Vueling

Old Oct 17, 18, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BA Silver - Vueling

I know this type of question comes up a lot but what’s the best way to get BAEC Silver benefits on a Vueling booking direct with vueling and VY codes. Are there any benefits? I tried to book through BA but I imagine the route (below) isn’t offered on BA.com as direct flight. Also as a rewards flight but no luck on BA.com

So we’re trying get from AGP to BCN in Y basic fares. We are looking at Vueling but only if the Silver can benefit us, date is 2nd Nov. We need to connect at BCN for a BCN - MAD - JFK. Luggage (mostly) and seat selection are the main benefits we’d like. To avoid extra costs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all. Safe travels.
Old Oct 17, 18, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
I know this type of question comes up a lot but what’s the best way to get BAEC Silver benefits on a Vueling booking direct with vueling and VY codes. Are there any benefits?
For what I know, there is none.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 17, 18, 10:41 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
The only BAEC status benefit available on Vueling operated flights is lounge access for Gold card holders where BA coded and ticketed

Any other permutation of benefit/status/booking method is non-existant
Old Oct 17, 18, 10:57 am

As above - nada

And even if you had BA gold, you still wouldn't get the access unless on a BA codeshare. Also the lounge at AGP is an airport operated lounge, not a BA lounge per se, so access would have been denied anyway.

In my personal experience the seats on Vueling are tight in all dimensions. Shelling out a few Euros for an exit or extra legroom seat would be a wise move if like me you become a cranky traveller if you're hemmed in like a veal calf.
Old Oct 17, 18, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, IHG Gold Elite, Sixt Gold
When I was CX Diamond (aka OW Emerald) flying Vueling on a BA codeshare my carry on was literally thrown out of the jetway down to the tarmac, just after I reminded the cabin crew it contained fragile items and that I preferred it not to be checked in.

That said and as stated above without a OW codeshare you are not getting OW benefits, but as per my experience I don't really there are benefits at all a part from some lounge access.
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by charlieboy77 View Post
As above - nada
And even if you had BA gold, you still wouldn't get the access unless on a BA codeshare.
And without any guest access, too.
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:15 pm

Any suggestions?
Yes: don't travel with Vueling.
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
a guest is allowed for a BA lounge as a gold if on a non oneworld flight but booked on a BA codeshare on a ba 125-... ticket.
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
As gold you’d be allowed one lounge guest if they are on the same flight as you.

I avoid Vueling if possibly though as my experiences have mostly been bad.
Old Oct 17, 18, 2:22 pm

So we’re trying get from AGP to BCN in Y basic fares. We are looking at Vueling but only if the Silver can benefit us, date is 2nd Nov. We need to connect at BCN for a BCN - MAD - JFK. Luggage (mostly) and seat selection are the main benefits we’d like. To avoid extra costs.

Any suggestions?
Vueling on-time performance is simply abysmal and their customer service is non-existent.

I will choose Ryanair for that route if possible
rockflyertalk and casomers like this.
Old Oct 18, 18, 12:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
One problem with booking Vueling outside their website or app (ie with an OTA or BA/IB) is that you cannot purchase their fire escape seats (which IMHO are the only ones comfortable enough to seat on.)
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by volar View Post
As gold you’d be allowed one lounge guest if they are on the same flight as you.

I avoid Vueling if possibly though as my experiences have mostly been bad.
That never used to be the case. Was GCH only last time I flew with them. And to reiterate the point: that was the last time I flew with them (hopefully forever!)
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
a guest is allowed for a BA lounge as a gold if on a non oneworld flight but booked on a BA codeshare on a ba 125-... ticket.
Interesting. Well, they never used to practice this as LGW. Seen it multiple times for multiple pax, including myself. What HFP says here is the only way I've seen it play out at lounge desks: https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/0...gus-airbaltic/
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

No benefits, but you have few other options.

The train would take you forever. Ryanair will arrive to the wrong terminal at BCN. Connecting flights on IB or BA would get you "Silver benefits", but you'll pay far more for the indirect route than a LCC + extras would cost.

Presumably you cannot change the BCN-MAD-JFK to AGP-MAD-JFK.

As mentioned, build in a margin of several hours. On-time performance is poor - you won't be protected on your long haul. (don't assume that VY being a part of IAG makes any difference whatsoever)
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Interesting. Well, they never used to practice this as LGW. Seen it multiple times for multiple pax, including myself. What HFP says here is the only way I've seen it play out at lounge desks: https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/0...gus-airbaltic/
on the guest point the article is wrong. The BA lounge eligibility guide is clear that a guest is allowed, and that has certainly been the case since 2016.

I can’t answer for the ignorance of some LGW ground staff - sadly this has been noted before and it’s a shame they weren’t forced to checked the guide at the time as they may learn something.
volar likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: