Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Not had anything as a gold. Didn't even get called by name on my IAD return last week in CW at boarding or meal service.

Only ever had the iPad treatment when a blue back in BHD a few years back.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: Losing status by the day
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
What other examples of special treatment have you seen given to Gold passengers travelling in Y?
A couple of times I've been given a glass of port from CW, and even on occasion - shock horror - been allowed a cup of camomile tea.

As an aside, zero cost product differentiations really irritate me. If you have to make CW special by not allowing your Y/W passengers to request herbal tea or bitter lemon, something's wrong.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Slightly different but I recently achieved Silver. Last week on my first silver flight, I was welcomed at check in and congratulated on getting silver. The lounge agent also asked if we needed any orientation in the lounge. Purser came by on flight with a personalised greeting in the Y cabin. Wife was very impressed.

All very nice until.......3 days later I get one of those long BA questionnaires all about becoming Silver and how I was welcomed on my last flight. Suddenly feels like everyone knows you'll get a questionnaire so was on their best behaviour, or am I being a cynic?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No I don't think you are right, the three areas you were "touched" are measured on the number of these proactive messages that they deliver, we have to confirm we have delivered these and any comments from the customer.
Obviously BA then want to know how these "touches" makes you feel, as crew I only need to know I've done my bit.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In lots and lots of ET sectors the occasional hello. When I had a broken tray table - which prevented me working - I was offered 2 bottles of Pommery. Nice thought but not much help when you have a deadline to hit.

Last long haul Y was 2002 thankfully.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
In lots and lots of ET sectors the occasional hello. When I had a broken tray table - which prevented me working - I was offered 2 bottles of Pommery. Nice thought but not much help when you have a deadline to hit.
That's not much use. Maybe a dozen bottles may have formed a table but not two.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 18, 2014 at 6:30 pm
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:20 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Personal welcome, Business meals, blankets/pillows and welcome drinks on Cathay Pacific...

Take home bottle of wine from first, blankets/pillows and dessert from the sundae cart on American Airlines.

On BA... Ummm she let me keep the CW pillow my partner brought back with only a slight sneer and snide comment that she should take it away.

I then dreamed up fantasies of wondering exactly how many seat mates in WTP I'd have to borrow 'pillows' aka squares of ratty fabric to effectively smother her and which ones were suitably peeved by her attitude to sacrifice their pillows towards the cause. I decided on 4... 3 if I was on the A380 upper deck as its quiter and I'd have less need to muffle the screams.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Personal greeting pretty much every time. Glass of plonk a fair few times, spare amenity kits when in WT+, Club meals twice, invited to Club Kitchen once.

On AA, usually a personal greeting and pro-active offering of complimentary snacks and alcohol (usually has to be bought in Y).
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by frb98mf
On AA, usually a personal greeting and pro-active offering of complimentary snacks and alcohol (usually has to be bought in Y).
I like that on AA. It is nice to be offered complimentary drink and snacks when travelling AA in Y.
It didn't happen on my two US flights recently though, no recognition at all. Had to pay for a red wine and a some nuts.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by gordon0808
I like that on AA. It is nice to be offered complimentary drink and snacks when travelling AA in Y.
It didn't happen on my two US flights recently though, no recognition at all. Had to pay for a red wine and a some nuts.
I think the jury's still out on whether that's a recognised benefit for OW Emeralds on AA or whether it's just a mistaken interpretation on the part of the FA's on some flights. It used to be (still is?) the case that a BA Gold's AA BP showed 'EXPLAT' which would go some way to explaining it.

On the whole, I find that I get better recognition of my BA status on AA than I do on BA.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:32 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:19 pm
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by andset1191
My experience in 6 months of gold is the treatment in ET, CE and CW is exactly the same as silver, bronze or blue.
I can say exactly the same for ET, CE, WT and WTP.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordon0808

I think the jury's still out on whether that's a recognised benefit for OW Emeralds on AA or whether it's just a mistaken interpretation on the part of the FA's on some flights. It used to be (still is?) the case that a BA Gold's AA BP showed 'EXPLAT' which would go some way to explaining it.

On the whole, I find that I get better recognition of my BA status on AA than I do on BA.
It still is the case as of a few days ago at least. I'm thanked for being "one of our executive platinums" - boarding passes don't say explat though, just says Emerald
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Just become Gold member today so look forward to the treats!

I must say that I flew 3 legs of LHR-IST in the last week and saw Gold members inear me not receiving any special 'hellos'. I know they were Gold as they had a mixture of the luggage tags and also had a convo with 2.

However on a recent 380 flight back from Washington I saw a chap behind me get the red carpet treatment in Y.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Just become Gold member today so look forward to the treats!

I must say that I flew 3 legs of LHR-IST in the last week and saw Gold members inear me not receiving any special 'hellos'. I know they were Gold as they had a mixture of the luggage tags and also had a convo with 2.

However on a recent 380 flight back from Washington I saw a chap behind me get the red carpet treatment in Y.
Congratulations on reaching Gold Don't hold your breath for treats though - there's quite a wide range of experiences reported here. In over 140 segments (since I started tracking) I've been greeted twice and had no goodies. But others reports a polar opposite experience. I've no idea what makes the difference.

In line with other comments here, I've had more status recognition in this regard from a handful of AA and CX flights than dozens on BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.