Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You can see into the galley from row one which I think is distracting and is the movement of the curtains.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You can see into the galley from row one which I think is distracting and is the movement of the curtains.
we will probably move to row two then. Just a quick question why is 3E/F missing is this just a poor depiction of the lay out are the rows more staggered so only room for 3 rows in the middle.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Because there are only 3 rows in the middle and someone decided to miss out row 3 rather then row 4 as the rows do not line up.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:02 pm

Are 1A/K too far apart to talk easily I believe the middle row is pushed back a bit so there is a gap but thinking distance might be too far
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by robiles
Are 1A/K too far apart to talk easily I believe the middle row is pushed back a bit so there is a gap but thinking distance might be too far
You'll be on opposite sides of the aircraft, unable to talk to each other except by shouting across 1E and 1F.

1A is the furthest seat on the right of this photo; 1K is the furthest left (your cabin may not be exactly like this, but the photo is good for giving you an idea of the distance between 1A and 1K on a 777):

Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:33 am

Thanks that’s what I thought we will keep with tbe middle pair as it’s the early morning flight so probably won’t sleep much will prefer to chat
Old Apr 14, 2018, 6:50 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
If one uses the RJ website to select 1K on a 777 which is blocked on BA's MMB, will the seating system kick the pax? I've checked BA's MMB and it says 1K confirmed. The pax in question is only OW Ruby.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
If one uses the RJ website to select 1K on a 777 which is blocked on BA's MMB, will the seating system kick the pax? I've checked BA's MMB and it says 1K confirmed. The pax in question is only OW Ruby.
there are reports of non OWE/GCHs being removed from 1A/K so it is possible you may not keep it.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:18 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KARFA
there are reports of non OWE/GCHs being removed from 1A/K so it is possible you may not keep it.
Thank you. Would it be best to advise them to only select it at time of OLCI if still available?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:12 am

Thank you. Would it be best to advise them to only select it at time of OLCI if still available?
I think row one opens up to everyone (if not already taken) around 3 days before the flight so they could select from then.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think row one opens up to everyone (if not already taken) around 3 days before the flight so they could select from then.
Thank you. Much appreciate. I read through the threads and some said T-72 and others T-24.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:19 am

Thank you. Much appreciate. I read through the threads and some said T-72 and others T-24.
No problem m0hamed. T-72 for this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And just to confuse, it's sometimes 48 hours. I've not worked out the full logic yet but it seems related to the flight's departure time. Same with bassinet seat selection. So by all means try at 72 hours, including calling up, but if it doesn't work then just leave it a day. However do not leave it to 24 hours before departure since some people will be able to check in before that time, and also if you need contact centre help they won't be able to do anything at that point since it's under airport control.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And just to confuse, it's sometimes 48 hours. I've not worked out the full logic yet but it seems related to the flight's departure time. Same with bassinet seat selection. So by all means try at 72 hours, including calling up, but if it doesn't work then just leave it a day. However do not leave it to 24 hours before departure since some people will be able to check in before that time, and also if you need contact centre help they won't be able to do anything at that point since it's under airport control.

Sounds like from T-72 is the best approach.

TBH, I've found YouFirst rather unhelpful on a range of issues and my last request took 72 for a response. It used to be much, much better but we haven't flown BA since they dropped the 744s and thus F off the CAI route.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:49 pm

Happy to report back seat selection via RJ MMB stuck and the pax flew in 1K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.