Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
1EF are nice seats but I think 2EF are slightly better, there is no buddy dining on the B787-9.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by mcmichael
Thanks Karfa,
Sods law, I've just checked and 1E and 1F were available so we have taken them - I meant that everything beforehand in the cabin was blanked out as not available, guess 2A and 2K will be available now
Hi, I think what KARFA was saying is that seats can be blocked but not actually allocated to a customer, or allocated. This distinction isn't visible on ba.com, but on sites such as expertflyer.com is visible. I'm sure if you posted the date and flight no somebody could pull up the seating plan. :-)
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Pocalypse
Family of 5 in 12F 777, one gold. Currently have 1A/E/F/K and 2K. Our 1A is not gold and was moved there after an equipment swap about a week ago. What are the chances it'll kick him from 1A? Should I be proactive and pick a different seat before it kicks him out?

Also, any recommendations for 5? Only 2A is taken right now. I'm happy with what we have now, but if we have to leave 1A then not sure.
I would think thatif those seats are confirmed, they won't get moved.

As for which seats, the general wisdom seems to be:

* Centre pairs best for couples
* Window seats best for solo travellers

It's just my preference, butI would always opt for an A or K seat over a middle pair on the basis that I don't feel the need to sit next to my OH for 13 hours when probably for 8 or so hours there'll be films or sleep to be had. For meals, you can dine together on the buddy seat anyway, if that bothers you. So, it's really personal choice.

On the 777, the forward galley shouldn't be too noisy as it just serves the F cabin and flight deck, and the CSD normally bases themself up front too. The back of the F cabin might be a *bit* more noisy due to the Club galley (which I think also has to serve crew meals too).

I don't think there is a bad seat on the 777 in F.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Hi, I think what KARFA was saying is that seats can be blocked but not actually allocated to a customer, or allocated. This distinction isn't visible on ba.com, but on sites such as expertflyer.com is visible. I'm sure if you posted the date and flight no somebody could pull up the seating plan. :-)
thanks, understand that just because we cannot select it doesn't mean the seat is occupied. No buddy dining is something we will manage without, would have been cool but I like the look of the 787-9 first cabin and tbh would have be fine with the original seats as I love a window but my husband wanted us to be next to each other, most amusing thing is he will eat then crash out for the rest of the flight!

Right now, no seats are available for selection if I try to change seats, not that I want to but getting excited early!

flight is BA0242 MEX-LHR 19/11/17 and we are on an Amex 241 (flying club on the way out)
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
thanks, understand that just because we cannot select it doesn't mean the seat is occupied. No buddy dining is something we will manage without, would have been cool but I like the look of the 787-9 first cabin and tbh would have be fine with the original seats as I love a window but my husband wanted us to be next to each other, most amusing thing is he will eat then crash out for the rest of the flight!

Right now, no seats are available for selection if I try to change seats, not that I want to but getting excited early!

flight is BA0242 MEX-LHR 19/11/17 and we are on an Amex 241 (flying club on the way out)
The seat map for that flight is showing all F seats occupied (not blocked) apart from 1A. 1A is not occupied but is restricted for golds only.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
1EF are nice seats but I think 2EF are slightly better, there is no buddy dining on the B787-9.
I'm flying in F in a B787-9 in mid October with the other half. As a couple, our initial seats where 1EF. I wasn't able to move us back a row to the empty amd prefered 2EF seats due to not having an infant / the basesent in 2F. I was however able to move the seats on the MH manage booking website (flight is ticketed via MH) to 2EF.

If a baby is booked in F, will BA move us back to 1EF / or worse split us between 1E and 2E thus defeating the point of choosing 2EF at all?
thanks
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No you won't be moved.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
The seat map for that flight is showing all F seats occupied (not blocked) apart from 1A. 1A is not occupied but is restricted for golds only.
thanks KARFA, we are happy with the seats we have, hope nobody else in the cabin will get upset with us enjoying our first First experience! It's an overnight flight so I will be quiet but am assuming fizz with breakfast will not be seen as odd ;-)

out of interest, if only 1A is unoccupied and somebody else booked first on that flight and was not Gold status, would they be put in 1A or just not be able to select anything at all?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
thanks KARFA, we are happy with the seats we have, hope nobody else in the cabin will get upset with us enjoying our first First experience! It's an overnight flight so I will be quiet but am assuming fizz with breakfast will not be seen as odd ;-)
Don't worry about anyone else, as long as you are not having a rave you will be fine.

Champagne for breakfast is fine, I usually have a drink to two in the morning, it's the only way I get through the day atm.
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
How can I know what configuration and what type of seat will it be when I fly First on a 744? I'm flying to SFO on the 20th of April and we have booked 2A and 2K, but not sure if they will be too far away. Also, will it be one of the old First seats?
Which aircraft have the new First that the 787-9s have? I tried that going to PVG and it is very sweet.
Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by xiaogio
How can I know what configuration and what type of seat will it be when I fly First on a 744? I'm flying to SFO on the 20th of April and we have booked 2A and 2K, but not sure if they will be too far away. Also, will it be one of the old First seats?
Which aircraft have the new First that the 787-9s have? I tried that going to PVG and it is very sweet.
Thanks!
BA 285 is scheduled to operate a Super Hi J 744. There's also the BA 287 which is scheduled to use a 388.

There are no Old First seats in the BA fleet anymore. Here is a link to the seat map for the Super Hi J 744:

http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/744/14f86j30w145y.html

Without being too flippant, the aircraft that have the 8 seat F configuration such as the 787-9s are the 787-9s. Here's a link to the list of 787-9s in the BA fleet:

http://thebasource.com/boeing787-9.html
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:01 pm
BCH

Are seats 4E-4F more exposed in the front? They don't seem so private.

Originally Posted by mlm
My spouse and I will be flying first class, 1st leg from SAN to LHR on 777 and a 2nd leg from LHR to CPT on a 744. I've never flown first class on BA (I flew Business Class once and it was horrid , sitting next to a stranger who had to step over me to get to the restroom). For these flights, I'm inclined to choose the middle 2 seats closest to the restroom for convenience.

Seatguru is showing a different configuration than the "Manage My Booking" on BA website. Seatguru shows restrooms both front and rear whereas BA shows restrooms in the rear only. Curious which is the correct seating chart? How bad can foot traffic be when the entire First class cabin is so small correct?
Thank you.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BCH
Are seats 4E-4F more exposed in the front? They don't seem so private.
In my opinion 4E/F & 5E/F are by far the worse seats in the 744 F cabin. Take 1,2,3 A/K and dine together. On an overnight you'll got back to your own seats and sleep well in the more private seats
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:55 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
In my opinion 4E/F & 5E/F are by far the worse seats in the 744 F cabin. Take 1,2,3 A/K and dine together. On an overnight you'll got back to your own seats and sleep well in the more private seats
That's helpful. We are 2 adults and a kiddo, and I'm currently holding 4 E, F, K for us so that one of us can be next to our child and the other one across the aisle. Would you still suggest 1 A, K plus 2 A/K as a better alternative?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by golfmad
BA 285 is scheduled to operate a Super Hi J 744. There's also the BA 287 which is scheduled to use a 388.

There are no Old First seats in the BA fleet anymore. Here is a link to the seat map for the Super Hi J 744:

http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/744/14f86j30w145y.html

Without being too flippant, the aircraft that have the 8 seat F configuration such as the 787-9s are the 787-9s. Here's a link to the list of 787-9s in the BA fleet:

http://thebasource.com/boeing787-9.html

Thank you golfmad !
Where can you find the specific aircraft configuration for a specific flight?

What I meant regarding the 787-9 F, was what other aircraft have the same type of seat, not the 8 seat F configuration. The screen on those seats is massive, much bigger than other F seats that I've seen.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.