Originally Posted by golfmad
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Anyone seen this before? The cabin seems to be missing 3 and 4K
Take a look here:

http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/77e/12f48j32w127y.html
And here:-
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Think I got it from the first one but thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC, Silver
Evening,

I’m hoping to be an honorary F traveller when I return from ANU in a few weeks time.
Were travelling back on a 4 class aircraft that is sold as 3 class, so I’m hoping for a cheeky seat in F if I can.
Just so I’m prepared, what’s the best seats for a couple travelling together?
I’m going to assume it’s the middle seats but any difference on row?
Am I right in thinking we can dine together if we book the middle seats?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If you mean using the buddy seat then I cannot see any reason why not but you can do this in any First seat, otherwise you may or may not be served at the same time.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Been a while since I've flown long haul anywhere, let alone with BA...so apologies if this is common knowledge these days with status availability of seats and such...

I've booked an F on the A380 to HKG and the seat map is only showing me row 4 is available...(I'm a couple of months out, bronze in reality but Silver still until the end Jan.) is the rest of the cabin actually booked or is this a status blocking type thing until T-24/48/72 etc...

It used to be that only row 1 was blocked for golds but maybe that has changed? (Hoping so, as the alternative is I'll be in row 4 unless someone cancels (also possible and likely I guess)...Just wanted to understand the situation better, as row 2 AK would be very nice!

Thanks in advance ^ , I did try to search but came up empty...
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by BotB
Been a while since I've flown long haul anywhere, let alone with BA...so apologies if this is common knowledge these days with status availability of seats and such...

I've booked an F on the A380 to HKG and the seat map is only showing me row 4 is available...(I'm a couple of months out, bronze in reality but Silver still until the end Jan.) is the rest of the cabin actually booked or is this a status blocking type thing until T-24/48/72 etc...

It used to be that only row 1 was blocked for golds but maybe that has changed? (Hoping so, as the alternative is I'll be in row 4 unless someone cancels (also possible and likely I guess)...Just wanted to understand the situation better, as row 2 AK would be very nice!

Thanks in advance ^ , I did try to search but came up empty...
As far as I know, only 1A and K are blocked for GCH. However, on A380 in F, best seats are 2A and K, IMHO. Just check in on time, and I am sure you will have a better selection, unless cabin is actually booked out and seats taken... But, on A380, there are no proper “bad” First seats IMHO, if you can get a window one.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I've booked an F on the A380 to HKG and the seat map is only showing me row 4 is available...
What date and flight number? ExpertFlyer can then be checked to determine whether seats are occupied or blocked.

In First, only 1AK are blocked for Gold cardholders.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:53 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck

As far as I know, only 1A and K are blocked for GCH. However, on A380 in F, best seats are 2A and K, IMHO. Just check in on time, and I am sure you will have a better selection, unless cabin is actually booked out and seats taken... But, on A380, there are no proper “bad” First seats IMHO, if you can get a window one.
Indeed, first world problems eh! I'm currently in 4A for the window and agree, it won't be 'bad' but would indeed prefer 2AK or 3AK...They'll all be fine I'm sure if push comes to shove!

Originally Posted by Genius1
What date and flight number? ExpertFlyer can then be checked to determine whether seats are occupied or blocked.

In First, only 1AK are blocked for Gold cardholders.
Thanks both, maybe it is that busy then, hope someone cancels but would be interesting to get the flight loads and seat info Genius1: 20 Apr. BA31

Cheers,

BotB

Last edited by BotB; Jan 19, 2018 at 3:56 pm Reason: adding info
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
20 Apr. BA31
All seats are showing as occupied (not blocked) except 4EFK:

BotB likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Is there a difference in the middle seats and A/K for the A380 in terms of features, or does the middle just have the ability to speak with the person beside them? I.E buddy seat?

Last edited by safari ari; Jan 23, 2018 at 10:58 pm
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by safari ari
Is there a difference in the middle seats and A/K for the A380 in terms of features, or does the middle just have the ability to speak with the person beside them? I.E buddy seat?
The 'buddy' seat is not the second in the pair of middle seats but the small seat across from the passenger where your feet would be in bed mode. Provided the second person isn't too large it's possible to have a drink, a chat or dinner together.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
My only experience of 4E was an occasion from LAS when OF seated J (however got NF!)

I would not recommend the EFs to anyone
Sorry Mikefly, old post but wanted a little more info...were you travelling on your own? And is that why you perhaps didn't enjoy a middle seat?

We're travelling as a family of four on the 747 (JFK) at the moment I have 4E&F and 2A, 3A. But the cabin is pretty open and the four windows (A2, 3, 4, 5) are available, would you suggest that's better. Kids are independent (young teens).

I chose the middle pair, most likely for wife & daughter as I thought they'd enjoy the experience being together. First first for all as it stands, although I will likely have my first First a month before for business.

Last edited by FeedbirdNiner; Jan 24, 2018 at 3:09 pm
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver
789 First - Can’t select bassinet position

We (2) currently have 1E/F reserved, but I’ve read here about a preference for row 2 - being further from the galley - but when I try to select these, I’m prevented because of the bassinet. Is this correct, or should I be able to select with the risk of being bumped later if an infant-toting passenger needs it?

I’ve read elsewhere that couples are served from the different aisles. It’s our intention not to eat for quite a few hours into the flight, so I am hoping this means we’ll get served together, but does anyone have any insight/advice please?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I can answer the meal service question, the B787 First cabin is served by only one crew member the other crew member works in the galley. The galley operator will support the crew member in the cabin but most likely they won’t need too, if you eat later there will only be one crew member serving and cooking as the other will be on a break.
If the two of you want to eat together the crew member will lay both tables first, serve bread water and wine to both and then deliver each course to both of you.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you. I can only think that the other person who mentioned this probably didn’t make it clear that they were together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.