Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
I've never actually tried to reserve a F bassinet seat in advance, but if the situation is the same as CW, it would be correct that you are blocked because it's a bassinet. At T-72 you can reserve them (if not assigned to anyone), but you'd have to call, bassinets aren't usually reservable online until OLCI opens. Of course, even if you get them at T-72 you could still be moved for the infant, but you'd be fairly unlucky for this to happen.
Ah, that explains it. Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I was told by youfirst that anyone can book the bassinet in First. Which I did as it was the only way to sit together after a craft change...
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:04 am

I'm on 789 to SJC in a couple of month,
thebasource,com shows 2K in orange colour..
2A is occupied & I'm in 2K.

Is there really a major difference between the 2 seats?

Thanks,
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:25 am

<div style="text-align:left;">
Originally Posted by bernardh
Can anyone help with this question about the 789 please? (I got an answer to the other part of my question.)<br />
<br /><br />We flew in 1EF on the 789 to KUL a few days ago. 2EF were available, but still not bookable at OLCI and I couldn’t be bothered to call to get them. In the event I really couldn’t see any difference between the two pairs in such a small cabin and will stick with row 1 on the return.</div>

Last edited by SteveF; Jan 26, 2018 at 7:03 am
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by ehud
I'm on 789 to SJC in a couple of month,
thebasource,com shows 2K in orange colour..
2A is occupied & I'm in 2K.

Is there really a major difference between the 2 seats?Thanks,
It's only probably orange because 2F, which is next to your seat, is the bassinet seat so if there is a baby there then it might potentially impact on your seat otherwise the seats are all the same as far as I believe. OT but I'm on my first 789 trip next month and rather quite excited about it!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by annihilation
I was told by youfirst that anyone can book the bassinet in First. Which I did as it was the only way to sit together after a craft change...
I can’t select, so I’ll drop them an email. Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:37 pm

I can’t select, so I’ll drop them an email. Thanks.
YouFirst put me in my chosen pair, with the expected caveat that i might get shifted.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire

YouFirst put me in my chosen pair, with the expected caveat that i might get shifted.

Interesting, I was told that it would be up to me if I wanted to move. Inconsistent.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
I have 1E/F booked on the 12F cabin to NRT on Thursday. At the moment 2K is free and 1k is also free but blocked. What are the chances of 1k opening up at T-72? Not decided yet, but might grab 1/2K for me and OH if possible. We’re both silvers.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I have return day flights (744) to JFK and have taken 1A and 1K on return. Having sat in the nose for the last several F - realised that on my own maybe 2A/K is better for privacy, 1A/K is quite exposed to it's opposite seat.

Any top tips / should I move back one row ?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I have return day flights (744) to JFK and have taken 1A and 1K on return. Having sat in the nose for the last several F - realised that on my own maybe 2A/K is better for privacy, 1A/K is quite exposed to it's opposite seat.

I've never been in First on a 744 on my own, but my impression from "visiting" 2A (coupled with comments from real-life friends and on FT) is that 2AK are more private than 1AK for a solo passenger.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly

I flew JFK-LHR in 2A in January, in my opinion it's the best seat in the cabin of the 744 if you're travelling solo, 2K if you like drinking your nightcap with your right hand
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: ex-DL FO, what a pedigree
F seats for a couple...center pair or window and aisle?

Hi all-
I posted this on the general 787-9 page, but maybe it'll be answered more quickly here.

It looks like we will be on the 787 this summer, flying F from LHR-SJC. We had contemplated getting two windows on either side, but 1A and 1K are both taken, and 2A and 2K would be too far apart for our liking. The idea of a big window appeals to me, so we are trying to figure out what makes more sense:
  • Heck with the view (though it will be 11 daylight hours for our flight, with plenty to see!) and just get the side by sides in 1E-1F.
  • The view is worth it, and get 2F-2K...we can gaze longingly across the aisle and talk in hushed whispers when necessary.
Can any of you lend any insight on what option might be more attractive? We will be coming off of three weeks in Italy, so we won't be desperate to be side-by-side, but if that's really the best choice for couples we certainly don't mind each other's company.

Many thanks-
PrineSwine
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PrineSwine
Hi all-
I posted this on the general 787-9 page, but maybe it'll be answered more quickly here.

It looks like we will be on the 787 this summer, flying F from LHR-SJC. We had contemplated getting two windows on either side, but 1A and 1K are both taken, and 2A and 2K would be too far apart for our liking. The idea of a big window appeals to me, so we are trying to figure out what makes more sense:
  • Heck with the view (though it will be 11 daylight hours for our flight, with plenty to see!) and just get the side by sides in 1E-1F.
  • The view is worth it, and get 2F-2K...we can gaze longingly across the aisle and talk in hushed whispers when necessary.
Can any of you lend any insight on what option might be more attractive? We will be coming off of three weeks in Italy, so we won't be desperate to be side-by-side, but if that's really the best choice for couples we certainly don't mind each other's company.

Many thanks-
PrineSwine
When I fly with my partner on the 789 we elect for 1E/F, like you I'm a big fan of having a window seat but the ease of conversation is much higher. The seats in the 789 are a little more private and due to the TV there's no buddy seat. Thus making it a little more difficult to interact from A-E or F-K. Solo I'd always elect 2A.
PrineSwine and rakehey like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA
1A/1K in BA First on 747

hi I currently have seat 2a on a 747 flight to Jfk. Would like to hear opinions on whether I should stick with that seat or change to 1a or 1k once it opens up to non gold members. Heard that 1a/k are close to each other and not private and 2a has great privacy. Some opinions would be great as it’s my first time in F. Thansk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.