Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by xiaogio
Thank you golfmad !
Where can you find the specific aircraft configuration for a specific flight?

What I meant regarding the 787-9 F, was what other aircraft have the same type of seat, not the 8 seat F configuration. The screen on those seats is massive, much bigger than other F seats that I've seen.
Thanks!
Only the 789 has the new seat surround (seat itself no change) with the better storage and fantastic TV
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
BA F on 747 - best seats for family

Hi,

I'm taking a 'F' daytime flight on a BA 747 next year to BOS with my partner and 8yo child. No gold status for 1A/K, what would be the best combination of seats. Currently have 2A/3A/4E. Avoided doing 4E/F together as reports seem to suggest they are not good seats. Have I got the best combination, in particular, should I have gone for 3A/K not 3A/4E?

Linus
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I would consider 2AK and then 3A or 3K.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
4E/F are a lot better than their reputation. I find them easier for having a conversation than most of the other seats (including 1A/K).

If you can easily change your booking you may want to consider flying club. An aisle and the two centre seats will probably allow you the best opportunity to sit together and interact during the flight.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:31 am

I really don't see the problem with the E/F seats when travelling as a family. It is a completely different experience than travelling for business or as a couple (assuming you want to be as close a possible to your child). I suggest that you take a pair of E/F seats with either and A or K seat alongside so that your child can effectively sit between both parents and the parent in the window seat has easy access to the child.

We travel regularly as a family of 4 and take two pairs of E/F seats which has always been absolute fine.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:01 am

How independent is your child? You're pretty much all travelling solo with those seats. You won't be able to talk, or even really see each other when seated. The middle pairs are good for people who want to talk, or even just keep an eye on a companion.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flying to JFK on a 747 as a couple, daytime flight. 1A/K aren't available to us as neither of us are Gold. 2A, 5E and 5F are taken. leaving 4E/F and 3-5A and 2-5K.

Any suggestions as best seats? Would quite like a middle pair but 4E-4F get very mixed reviews - are they as open to the rest of the cabin as they look?

Otherwise maybe thinking 2K/3K for slight chance of views of Iceland/ Greenland.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:35 am

How much do you want to talk during the flight? If you want to enjoy the experience together, then a middle pair is the way to go.

If you are happy to fly mostly solo with occasional visits to the other (incl the option of buddy dining) then take two windows.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
How much do you want to talk during the flight?
We may have different answers to that one! Maybe windows and buddy dining is the way to go?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BobServant
Maybe windows and buddy dining is the way to go?
After doing 4EF a couple of times, we don't like them.

But if picking windows and planning to buddy-dine, you should be aware the the buddy seats on the 747 are pretty narrow. The person on the buddy seat will not be experiencing luxurious seating while doing so.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
After doing 4EF a couple of times, we don't like them.

But if picking windows and planning to buddy-dine, you should be aware the the buddy seats on the 747 are pretty narrow. The person on the buddy seat will not be experiencing luxurious seating while doing so.
Well, it's my partner's turn to come dine with me....I managed on the buddy seat in 2K last time so she can definitely cope.

Really don't like the look of 4E-F so will go windows, thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My only experience of 4E was an occasion from LAS when OF seated J (however got NF!)

I would not recommend the EFs to anyone
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Anyone seen this before? The cabin seems to be missing 3 and 4K
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Anyone seen this before? The cabin seems to be missing 3 and 4K
Take a look here:

http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/77e/12f48j32w127y.html
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by golfmad
Gotcha - thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.