Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I got them coming home from LAS, 72 hours before. I am only silver.
They are great, I even changed in to my pj's there without anyone seeing me
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Plat SAA Voyager Alaska Airlines
Help ___ first seat selection

Some time since in First and no experience of the new seats.
Travelling as a couple on a 747 and 388 and like to talk to each other any advice much appreciated as both cabins wide open at present.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Have a look here: Seating Queries: First
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
This thread may well help with your queries

Seating Queries: First
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:20 am

Thanks but the information you refer to does not seem to relate to the new open suits
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by twoclubs
Thanks but the information you refer to does not seem to relate to the new open suits
Hi,

What "new open suites " are you referring to please? as the seats have not changed since the 388 has entered service ( the 744 had the old first seats but they disappeared years ago)

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by twoclubs
I’m not sure what you are referring to as “the new open suites” but the photographs in the first post of the thread provided are the current BA F seat introduced in 2012, and the posts following relate to these.

Last edited by Mixbury; Jul 7, 2018 at 3:44 am
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:52 am

Thanks for all your help the new seats in the 744 seemed to be the same as those I used in 2009.

Just shows the older you get the more you forget.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:21 am

Best seats for couple

Managed to grab two first class seats 789, LHR to KUL (BA0033), next March via companion voucher

We've been allocated seats 1F & 1E, however the whole of row 2 is currently available to move into - Should we do this? Next question, what meals are served when departing @ 18:45? Dinner and breakfast or Dinner and lunch?

Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I prefer 2EF, dinner and breakfast.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Just got a quick query, I am sure the answer is on here somewhere but I can't find the right answer. Currently gold, earning year ends 08 Jan 19 and I think status would lapse end Feb 19 and likely to drop to Silver. If I book seats in first for flights in Feb 19 and possibly a return in early March I should be able to book seats based on my gold status now, and retain those even though I might drop to Silver by the time I do the return? Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by plunet
Just got a quick query, I am sure the answer is on here somewhere but I can't find the right answer. Currently gold, earning year ends 08 Jan 19 and I think status would lapse end Feb 19 and likely to drop to Silver. If I book seats in first for flights in Feb 19 and possibly a return in early March I should be able to book seats based on my gold status now, and retain those even though I might drop to Silver by the time I do the return? Thanks.
yes you can select seats now and select based on current status. There are reports that if you are in 1a/k which are reserved for golds you may be seat shifted after your status drops though so no guarantee you would keep them between dropping to silver and the flight.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes you can select seats now and select based on current status. There are reports that if you are in 1a/k which are reserved for golds you may be seat shifted after your status drops though so no guarantee you would keep them between dropping to silver and the flight.
Yes, that’s what happened to me in that situation a couple of years back.

Was able to reserve 1K on the 789 when I was Gold, then as soon as I dropped to silver I was shifted to 1F. Luckily 1K remained free and I was able to re select it at OLCI
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Goldpeter
Yes,good idea to try and “Bank” 1a and 2a or 1k and 2k for the moment and keep a good eye on your MMB from T-72 onwards.My wife and I sat in 1a/1k on a recent JFK flight and they are great.Its almost like being on a private jet as you’re so tucked away at the front.The forward view is great too.
As for our flight,there were only 5 passengers in the cabin,2 of whom went straight to sleep.
What great service we had !
and just to finish,for info i got 1a a few days back and successfully moved mrs firstlight (silver) into 1k 71 hours before the flight through the mobile app, no phone call required. Slightly motivated by row 5ef (bassinet) being filled, which made me think we might be welcoming a first class infant onto the plane and would prefer to be less disturbed if that is the case...
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, ATI Volare Premium, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Beergander
Managed to grab two first class seats 789, LHR to KUL (BA0033), next March via companion voucher

We've been allocated seats 1F & 1E, however the whole of row 2 is currently available to move into - Should we do this? Next question, what meals are served when departing @ 18:45? Dinner and breakfast or Dinner and lunch?

Thanks
We’ve just done return F flights on the 787-9 and much preferred 2E/F over 1E/F, felt more spacious.

Either way they’re great seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.