Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HilFly
I am about to book a flight on an aircraft that has 17 seats in the F cabin. I don't think I've ever flown in a 17 seat cabin before. Is there any downside to this aircraft? Rubbish IFE or anything?
According to BASource it's Thales

http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/772/17f48j24w127y.html
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Thank you. I take it from the smiley that Thales is good.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Thank you. I take it from the smiley that Thales is good.
The Thales IFE is better than the Rockwell Collins but not as good as the Panasonic system fitted to the Super Hi J 747s.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by golfmad
The Thales IFE is better than the Rockwell Collins but not as good as the Panasonic system fitted to the Super Hi J 747s.
Thank you, golfmad. I don't know how to tell them apart but as long as I can watch a movie or a couple of episodes of something, and I can pause it, I'll be happy. I actually love slow TV but BA seems to have given up on it. Sitting on a long flight is just about the only time I have to watch slow TV!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Thank you, golfmad. I don't know how to tell them apart but as long as I can watch a movie or a couple of episodes of something, and I can pause it, I'll be happy. I actually love slow TV but BA seems to have given up on it. Sitting on a long flight is just about the only time I have to watch slow TV!
Well, seeing as how you mentioned 'pause', one of the useful features of the Thales system is the 1 touch pause button on the remote. It can come in handy when the cabin crew appear if you're watching something and don't want to miss it while being polite with the crew.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:34 pm

I'm booked in F on both a 747 back from Vancouver and then a 777 back from Dubai, which seats are best for a solo traveller on these planes?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Originally Posted by Alan Holden
I'm booked in F on both a 747 back from Vancouver and then a 777 back from Dubai, which seats are best for a solo traveller on these planes?
Take an 'A' or 'K' seat. 1a is often kept blocked for GC holders but youfirst might be able to get it for you if nothing else is available.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
When solo I quite like 2 or 3 A / K on the 747 as you get a bit of separation from the person next to you (1A / K can be considered by some to be a bit 'cosy' as it's in the nose where the aircraft starts to thin a tad). from 4 backwards you have the middle seats next to you so again there's some proximity with the person next to you.

but 1) This is definitely a 1st world problem and 2) It's very subjective.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Silver
OH and I are flying from NRT to LHR in F on the 12F 777. Should I go for 1K and 2K or 2A and 3A?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
100% 1K and 2K.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
100% 1K and 2K.
Thanks CIHY.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Family of 5 in 12F 777, one gold. Currently have 1A/E/F/K and 2K. Our 1A is not gold and was moved there after an equipment swap about a week ago. What are the chances it'll kick him from 1A? Should I be proactive and pick a different seat before it kicks him out?

Also, any recommendations for 5? Only 2A is taken right now. I'm happy with what we have now, but if we have to leave 1A then not sure.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:47 pm

We are flying our first First from Mexico City to Heathrow in November. I picked 2A and 2K after booking (we have no status) as the initial aircraft was a 747.
Aircraft has been changed to a 787-9, no complaints here, and our original seating confirmation was kept.
We picked the original seats as there was nothing in between us but would like a middle pair on the new configuration but no seats are available for selection other than the ones we are in.
I understand BA keep seats back for top tier frequent fliers and have no issue with that, I also understand the 787-9 cabin only has 8 seats, but is there any chance the 2 pairs of middle seats will open up so we can sit together? On the 747 we had planned to dine together with me on the buddy seat, whilst I can get over that no probs, it would be nice if we weren't separated by the 2 centre seats.
We are flying get our first first and we will get on with it whatever (our first club world on the way out) but it would be really nice to sit together if possible.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mcmichael
We are flying our first First from Mexico City to Heathrow in November. I picked 2A and 2K after booking (we have no status) as the initial aircraft was a 747.
Aircraft has been changed to a 787-9, no complaints here, and our original seating confirmation was kept.
We picked the original seats as there was nothing in between us but would like a middle pair on the new configuration but no seats are available for selection other than the ones we are in.
I understand BA keep seats back for top tier frequent fliers and have no issue with that, I also understand the 787-9 cabin only has 8 seats, but is there any chance the 2 pairs of middle seats will open up so we can sit together? On the 747 we had planned to dine together with me on the buddy seat, whilst I can get over that no probs, it would be nice if we weren't separated by the 2 centre seats.
We are flying get our first first and we will get on with it whatever (our first club world on the way out) but it would be really nice to sit together if possible.
When you say open up are they actually free and blocked or already taken? I didn't think the middle pairs on the 789 were held back so if they are not free presumably they are already selected by others?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:59 pm

Thanks Karfa,
Sods law, I've just checked and 1E and 1F were available so we have taken them - I meant that everything beforehand in the cabin was blanked out as not available, guess 2A and 2K will be available now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.