Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the BAEC Gold Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by morges1
I reached 25 years gold on 1 Jan but no serfs have appeared! What's a SWMBO?
She Who Most Be Obeyed otherwise known as Her Indoors
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Cradders
Well I think I speak on behalf of most Golds when I say my favourite would have to be Empty Spaces (written, of course, about the desire that the CW seat next to ones own is unoccupied).

That's easily followed by To Cut A Long Story Short, which is of course about Silvers trying to blag their way into GF
Athough not a song, I would have thought the title of their debut album would be appropriate to the goldies.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
She Who Most Be Obeyed otherwise known as Her Indoors
Should have known that, BAGoldBoy, thanks. Am taking the SWMBO to NYC for her birthday next weekend.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Dear Golds,

Do you play a Top Trumps-like game with your loyalty cards? My IHG ambassador trumps your Hilton Diamond, etc. If so, do people tend to hide certain cards, possibly a Star Alliance basic level card or even a VS status card? Are you allowed to mention Star Alliance in the company of other BA Golds?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Sorry, dup!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Dear Golds,

I think i am you.

Help!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Dear Golds,

How should I react when I am in your presence, is bowing enough or should I kiss your feet?

Obediently,
HighlandExpress.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Dear Golds,

Do you play a Top Trumps-like game with your loyalty cards? My IHG ambassador trumps your Hilton Diamond, etc. If so, do people tend to hide certain cards, possibly a Star Alliance basic level card or even a VS status card? Are you allowed to mention Star Alliance in the company of other BA Golds?
Given that IHG Ambassador can be bought, it certainly doesn't trump Hilton Diamond.

It is vulgar to refer to or use any Beardy Air card of any hue. Star Alliance cards are useful when one's windscreen is frosted over, and I do keep mine handy in case I ever suffer the indignity of a reroute.

It is hard enough to convince those loyal to AAnother AAirline that my gold card outranks their platinum.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by HighlandExpress
Dear Golds,

How should I react when I am in your presence, is bowing enough or should I kiss your feet?

Obediently,
HighlandExpress.
The appropriate action is to beg to be guested into Galleries First but refrain from any attempt whatsoever to order a BA Burger until so invited.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Dear Golds,

Obediently,
HighlandExpress.
What are you doing in our presence in the first place?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Dear Golds,

Obediently,
HighlandExpress.
And scraping. Back when I were a blue we had it tough, acting as footstools for the golds, getting fed the scraps, sucking on a damp cloth (after they'd been used by club) and a seat - now that would have been luxury.

I was happier then.

(With apologies to http://www.phespirit.info/montypytho...rkshiremen.htm )
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by stifle
The appropriate action is to beg to be guested into Galleries First but refrain from any attempt whatsoever to order a BA Burger until so invited.
No gold should have to see a pleb such as I eat.

Originally Posted by tooblue
What are you doing in our presence in the first place?
I'm sorry, it won't happen again.

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
And scraping. Back when I were a blue we had it tough, acting as footstools for the golds, getting fed the scraps, sucking on a damp cloth (after they'd been used by club) and a seat - now that would have been luxury.

I was happier then.

(With apologies to http://www.phespirit.info/montypytho...rkshiremen.htm )
And now for something completely different...
Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I don't know about any other folks but I'm enjoying this funny and refreshing thread @:-) by BotB ^

Sugar!!!!!! I've just realised I have expressed my view as above on here without asking permission from a Goldie first

Guess that's me blown my chances of any future guesting offers
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:56 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by PETER01
I don't know about any other folks but I'm enjoying this funny and refreshing thread @:-) by BotB ^

Sugar!!!!!! I've just realised I have expressed my view as above on here without asking permission from a Goldie first

Guess that's me blown my chances of any future guesting offers
Permission granted but guesting blown!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Beano HK
Permission granted but guesting blown!
Ah drat!!!! I always speak before thinking first!

I was thinking of you earlier (not in that way! ) and surprised you hadn't posted before now. How is ThatT1Feeling, surprised he hasn't been along mocking/putting the boot into us mere minions.

(Plain Golds are minions really, especially the Eurocheats . I only take GGLs/CCR holders seriously )

(PETER01 is thinking of forming an Alliance of Blues/Bronzes/Silvers to counteract this new 'Gold' phenonoma/way of thinking.

Anyone?

It is our destiny to change their way of thinking

Last edited by PETER01; Sep 6, 2014 at 8:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.