Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the BAEC Gold Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by kanderson1965

If you tried to use your Gold status to impress a potential partner, how would you cope if they replied that they were a GGL/CCR/Premier?
It wasn't a potential partner or anything, but one seat neighbour tried to impress me or something about his being BA Gold. I just smiled and nodded. I did not deflate his ego by telling him about being GGL/CCR (willy waving isn't really my style, besides not having that particular appendage).

He probably thought I was impressed, when in fact I was thinking, "Oh dear". Not that there is anything wrong with being BA Gold of course, but it was a little sad that he was so proud of it to brag about it and I felt a bit sorry for him for presumably having not much else to brag.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Dear Fellow Golds,

How do you go about displaying your AUthority in front of less valuable BAEC members? For example, upon finding that person sat in 64A is actaully a lowly Silver. I'm finding that smacking them repeatedly in the face with my Gold card saying "Gold Gold Gold Gold" has the desired effect (as per this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPHn...o&noredirect=1) but can be quite messy.

Does anyone have any better procedures for sending them back to your original 44E seat, so you can take your rightful place in 64A?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Dear Fellow Gods, sorry, Golds

I've just booked a CW flight but the upper deck is fully booked. On the seat selection page, both 64A and 64K both have the standard Tesco logo over them to indicate a gate-lice type person paid for their ticket with multi-buy cabbage purchases.

I know on a PC you press can SHIFT+F5 to boot such people downstairs where they belong, but I'm on a Mac. What is the equivalent keypress on my machine?

Last edited by Paralytic; Sep 4, 2014 at 10:24 am
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Dear Fellow Golds,

I've just booked a CW flight but the upper deck is fully booked. Both 64A and 64K both have the standard Tesco logo over them to indicate a gate-lice type person paid for their ticket with multi-buy cabbage purchases.

I know on a PC you press can SHIFT+F5 to boot such people downstairs where they belong, but I'm on a Mac. What is the equivalent keypress on my machine?
It's despicable how you still can't do this on a Mac. You'd think they would wake up to the fact that us Golds predominantly use superior (i.e. Mac) computers nowadays.

Failing that, you can still do this over the phone by calling BAEC (in the interactive menu press 9, then 6, followed by the hash/pound key) and when asked as to the nature of your emergency, state "Code Nine".

Bear in mind that the telephone fee is no longer waived for this as of the latest round of enhancements, it's all going downhill
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Calchas
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1979

1. as CWS says, CCR is elevation to peerage so please address accordingly. I prefer Lord chris1979 over chris1979

What is the appropriate style of address to a CCR card holder who is also a Doctor of Philosophy?

And does the gold line ever adhere to it?
Doctors of Philosophy aren't CCR. They are too busy saving the world to travel enough
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by csutter
You'd think they would wake up to the fact that us Golds predominantly use superior (i.e. Mac) computers nowadays.
A Mac can be used as a computer? This is news to me. I always just used mine to carry around and illustrate how important-yet-trendy I am.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Dear BA Gold

Despite being gold I couldn't care less about the champagne type in the FLounge, find the food edible and wouldn't dream of displaying bag tags.

Will I be blackballed, or could you suggest a suitable treatment?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
A Mac can be used as a computer? This is news to me. I always just used mine to carry around and illustrate how important-yet-trendy I am.
I think you'll find your IT department gave you an 'Etch-a-Sketch'. They do that a lot, and they also lied when they told you to turn it upside down and shake it to 'reboot'. Sorry!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by kipperman
Despite being gold I couldn't care less about the champagne type in the FLounge, find the food edible and wouldn't dream of displaying bag tags.
What's the point of being Gold then??
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Dear Fellow Gods, sorry, Golds

I've just booked a CW flight but the upper deck is fully booked. On the seat selection page, both 64A and 64K both have the standard Tesco logo over them to indicate a gate-lice type person paid for their ticket with multi-buy cabbage purchases.

Let me say straight away that it is an immense privilege to learn what Golds think and for sparing their valuable time. I do have 64A booked for a flight in a few weeks' time but will, of course, gladly give it up to a Gold should they want it.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Dear BA Gold

For 'black'; substitute 'de-'.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nwmgc
Let me say straight away that it is an immense privilege to learn what Golds think and for sparing their valuable time. I do have 64A booked for a flight in a few weeks' time but will, of course, gladly give it up to a Gold should they want it.
Very courteous of you. And of course, the right thing to do.

Do we need to start a new thread where these injustices can be corrected?

"I'm a non-Gold and have an Upper Deck CW seat booked. Who wants it?"
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by tooblue
Quote:

Dear BA Gold

For 'black'; substitute 'de-'.
LOL

Comply or face the consequences.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Very courteous of you. And of course, the right thing to do.
Do we need to start a new thread where these injustices can be corrected?
"I'm a non-Gold and have an Upper Deck CW seat booked. Who wants it?"
Dear Golds,

iWife and I will be occupying 63a/b tomorrow, but as you are all fixated with 64a/k I'm sure this wont inconvenience you.

As a penance, we shall return in something called WT+.

Humbly, your Uncle T.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Dear T8191,

When boarding kindly use the "General Boarding" lane.

There has been some ghastly printing error on the signage for the GCH Fast Track lane indicating that it may also be used by silver and bronze (whatever they are) card holders and people travelling in CW and F seats. It will be corrected shortly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.